Home

Weight Size matters?

This is a discussion on Weight Size matters? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2022, 05:46 PM   #1
Rookie

LocDawg5050's Arena

OVR: 0
Weight Size matters?

I've heard that size and weight matters in this game but, can anyone give an example of this? Where a big fella wins over someone smaller. I understand this is not a physics-based engine game and it animation based. But I don't see guys like Gronk, Henry, big body type men that just lay into the tacklers. I still like the game in all but would love some smash mouth balling by the biggies. Have a good play off season friends!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2022, 06:14 PM   #2
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Weight Size matters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocDawg5050
I've heard that size and weight matters in this game but, can anyone give an example of this? Where a big fella wins over someone smaller. I understand this is not a physics-based engine game and it animation based. But I don't see guys like Gronk, Henry, big body type men that just lay into the tacklers. I still like the game in all but would love some smash mouth balling by the biggies. Have a good play off season friends!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I see it quite often. Bigger guys tend to fall forward a lot more when tackled. Smaller guys tend to get stonewalled in my experience.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2022, 06:15 PM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

The Twitter account @MUTLeaks used to data-mine the PC versions of Madden NFL and then tweet out the various ratings weighting curves used for things like blocking, pass accuracy, and so on.

From what I remember from their older tweets (during Madden 20's life cycle), player weight was absolutely one of the many factors in determining the success of run blocking in particular.
Old 01-17-2022, 08:14 AM   #4
Pro

MattyIce's Arena

I tend to see AJ Dillon falling forward for extra yards much more than Aaron Jones in my Packers franchise. Especially when I get him going with a full head of steam running downhill. I definitely think this is implemented in this years game. Is it perfect? No, but I can definitely see a difference.
Old 01-18-2022, 11:30 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The Twitter account @MUTLeaks used to data-mine the PC versions of Madden NFL and then tweet out the various ratings weighting curves used for things like blocking, pass accuracy, and so on.

From what I remember from their older tweets (during Madden 20's life cycle), player weight was absolutely one of the many factors in determining the success of run blocking in particular.
Thats interesting. Are they still active and did they do this for sliders? Sliders should've been the main mission imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2022, 12:42 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Thats interesting. Are they still active and did they do this for sliders? Sliders should've been the main mission imo.
You did catch that the name of the account is MUT Leaks, didn't you? Why would they make sliders the "main mission" when you can't change them in MUT?
Old 01-20-2022, 12:57 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

This is something we were able to change on PC. You may be able to still change it, I haven't nodded since next gen released, but in 19 and 20 we had the ability to change the weighting of how weight impacted line play.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 01-20-2022, 12:23 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyIce
I tend to see AJ Dillon falling forward for extra yards much more than Aaron Jones in my Packers franchise. Especially when I get him going with a full head of steam running downhill. I definitely think this is implemented in this years game. Is it perfect? No, but I can definitely see a difference.
I see this a lot in my Raiders games. Josh Jacobs gets very different tackle animations than someone like Jalen Richard.

I'm not sure how much it shows up elsewhere, but it seems to show up in the RB area reasonably well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »