Home

Madden 22 (Next Generation) Physics regression. Why?

This is a discussion on Madden 22 (Next Generation) Physics regression. Why? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2022, 11:15 PM   #17
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 22 (Next Generation) Physics regression. Why?

I deleted M22 weeks and weeks ago.

After Update 1.7 I was furious.....and I rarely get furious. I was loving this game out of the box.....and then it all went to patch hell. They nerfed the Player Movement 2.0.

Forget the fact they nerfed penalties beyond comprehension. Forget the fact that the game has had stability issues to this day....and it’s February 2022 and this game dropped in August of 2021.

Forget the fact we waited patiently for a brand new scouting system that quite frankly is awful.....I still loved playing the game itself and made the best of what I had....until Update 1.7

I immediately knew the game speed and player movement was changed....big time.

I uninstalled 22 and went back to 21 with Unfadables updated rosters for the 2021 season and have not looked back. I also went back to Madden 16 and am playing a 1986 season replay and guess what!!! I HAVE PENALTIES!!!!! I also have gang tackling and actual slow speed player movement again. It blows my mind the direction the game took after the great Madden 16. That was IMO the last attempt at making a more simulation like football game.

Anyway.....rant over. Glad I am not the only one who is greatly disappointed with what happened with Madden 22. Was starting to feel like a leper when I first talked about player movement being nerfed and the game speed being sped up..

What could have been......and no I am absolutely not purchasing Madden 23 and beyond.....I am done. I am done purchasing new sports games for baseball, football and basketball.

I have all I need. The direction, charm and advancement for the offline single player is dead and buried.

Is what it is. Life goes on. I have been enjoying what I have (MLB 20, M16 and 21 and a host of other older sports titles on PS4 and PS3) and really digging into my non sports game backlog.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 01-20-2022, 11:21 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword

After Update 1.7 I was furious.....and I rarely get furious. I was loving this game out of the box.....and then it all went to patch hell. They nerfed the Player Movement 2.0.

Forget the fact they nerfed penalties beyond comprehension. Forget the fact that the game has had stability issues to this day....and it’s February 2022 and this game dropped in August of 2021.

Forget the fact we waited patiently for a brand new scouting system that quite frankly is awful.....I still loved playing the game itself and made the best of what I had....until Update 1.7

I uninstalled 22 and went back to 21 with Unfadables updated rosters for the 2021 season and have not looked back. I also went back to Madden 16 and am playing a 1986 season replay and guess what!!! I HAVE PENALTIES!!!!! I also have gang tackling and actual slow speed player movement again. It blows my mind the direction the game took after the great Madden 16. That was IMO the last attempt at making a more simulation like football game.

Anyway.....rant over. Glad I am not the only one who is greatly disappointed with what happened with Madden 22. Was starting to feel like a leper when I first talked about player movement being nerfed and the game speed being sped up..

What could have been......and no I am absolutely not purchasing Madden 23 and beyond.....I am done. I am done purchasing new sports games for baseball, football and basketball.

I have all I need. The direction, charm and advancement for the offline single player is dead and buried.

Is what it is. Life goes on. I have been enjoying what I have (MLB 20, M16 and 21 and a host of other older sports titles on PS4 and PS3) and really digging into my non sports game backlog.
I really respect the hell out of this opinion. It’s really depressing to think this is what it has come to for so many. The technology is getting exponentially better and the games are getting worse or at the very least staying the same. It’s brutal.
Old 01-21-2022, 02:40 AM   #19
MVP

Quote:

I'm thinking about switching back to 21 as well. Before I do, I'm curious to know if its possible to play 22 at a chosen point? Reference patches specifically, can we download patches up to right before 1.7 and keep it there? I like the movement in 21 but the replays appeared to miss frames and stuttered too much, that alone may keep me locked in with 22.
Old 01-21-2022, 08:08 AM   #20
Banned

How do you get updated rosters for Madden16? Aren't the servers offline now?
Old 01-21-2022, 10:17 AM   #21
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

great post this just about sums up my frustrations and feelings!! Madden 21 was on the right track it represented realistic pace and movement which gave a a sense of immersion!! madden 22 fell off a cliff no matter what the reason and its dissapointing and head scratching at the same time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2022, 11:27 AM   #22
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
I'm thinking about switching back to 21 as well. Before I do, I'm curious to know if its possible to play 22 at a chosen point? Reference patches specifically, can we download patches up to right before 1.7 and keep it there? I like the movement in 21 but the replays appeared to miss frames and stuttered too much, that alone may keep me locked in with 22.
This is not possible. If you have the digital version on PS5/Xbox One Series X, it will automatically update to the latest version. If...you knew it was going to get boinked via a patch, you could keep your device offline and not allow it to update to the latest patch. However....once it updates...you cannot roll back.

If you buy the disk....you can keep it from updating but you are stuck with OOTB version. If you let it update at all...it will always get the latest patch which incorporates all the patches to date. I miss the days of being able to choose patch version....but that was just on PC anyway huh?
Old 01-21-2022, 01:40 PM   #23
MVP

Lil Worm's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

Damn, I wondered where you had gotten to on the slider thread brother!!! I kept checking back wishing I was going to see something that would change my mind about where I was with the game.

It's a shame man!!! We was having a blast at the beginning of the cycle, and they totally went and nuked it!! Cheers brother it has been a blast using your sets over the years, and sucks we have came to this point!!!
Old 01-21-2022, 02:19 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
This is not possible. If you have the digital version on PS5/Xbox One Series X, it will automatically update to the latest version. If...you knew it was going to get boinked via a patch, you could keep your device offline and not allow it to update to the latest patch. However....once it updates...you cannot roll back.

If you buy the disk....you can keep it from updating but you are stuck with OOTB version. If you let it update at all...it will always get the latest patch which incorporates all the patches to date. I miss the days of being able to choose patch version....but that was just on PC anyway huh?
Thanks for the information. Well, time to make a command decision!

I'm looking at the artwork for both Madden 21 & Madden 22 on my Series X Dashboard. One stays the other will be deleted for eternity.

Lets weigh this out:

Madden 21 Pros & Cons:

1. (+) Slowed down heavier realistic physics engine (which is the bees knees for a sim head!) with 3 man interactions, a bigger variety of 2 man, and just more robust in general.
2. (+) This somehow translates into a more challenging run game (with RB sliders set at 0, I may have to adjust up)
3. (-) No progressive fatigue (I'm aware that its a bit off in 22, but still!)
4. (-) Replays are missing "frames". Really hurts my eyes (glad I'm not prone to epilepsy lol!)
5. (-) Graphics aren't bad at all, but you can really tell the difference especially up close and during replays. Looks rough compared to 22.
6 (-) Franchise without the extra bells and whistles

Madden 22 Pros & Cons:
1. (-) Sped up lighter physics engine (Weight/Physics still present, just not as "hefty" as 21. Has NOT regressed to last gen standards. Still getting a good game of football out of it overall).
2. (-) Run game appears to be easier for the most part (With RB sliders at 0).
3. (+) Progressive fatigue
4. (+) Clean artwork/swipes during replays along with smooth stable replay system. Swipes include different day recognition, i.e. "Thursday Night Football", etc.
5. (+) Better lighting/graphics
6. (+) Franchise upgrades

This is going to be difficult lol. I'm giving up one thing there for something here, and giving up one thing here for something there!!

Last edited by kingsofthevalley; 01-21-2022 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Cut some fat

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »