Home

Madden 22 (Next Generation) Physics regression. Why?

This is a discussion on Madden 22 (Next Generation) Physics regression. Why? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2022, 08:33 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Madden 22 (Next Generation) Physics regression. Why?

Good morning,

I've seen the sentiments from others about previous versions of Madden taking one step forward with three and four steps back, but I was never vocal about it. However, with the current generation of systems and the power they have, I'm completely confused with the development of this title.

It was brought to my attention yesterday that EA dialed back the physics system in 22 and I didn't believe it. I had to see for myself so I downloaded 21 and started up a franchise. Well, I was wrong.

The physics have in fact been nerfed. In 21, I immediately noticed 3 defenders joining in on tackles that has been COMPLETELY removed from 22. There was also a bigger variety of 2 defender tackle animations (along with a cool break down arm wrap thats no longer visible as well). There was more of a slowed down deliberate "hefty" feel, i.e. the jukes were more grounded, etc.

You've got to be kidding me, I'm at a loss of words lol. Do the devs even know that these things aren't firing off anymore? Were these things deliberately removed? Does anyone have any insight on this or a direct line to the devs to see what the deal is? Maybe this is something that they can "brush the cobwebs off" in the next title update.

Last edited by kingsofthevalley; 01-17-2022 at 08:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2022, 08:07 PM   #2
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

Re: Madden 22 (Next Generation) Physics regression. Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Good morning,

I've seen the sentiments from others about previous versions of Madden taking one step forward with three and four steps back, but I was never vocal about it. However, with the current generation of systems and the power they have, I'm completely confused with the development of this title.

It was brought to my attention yesterday that EA dialed back the physics system in 22 and I didn't believe it. I had to see for myself so I downloaded 21 and started up a franchise. Well, I was wrong.

The physics have in fact been nerfed. In 21, I immediately noticed 3 defenders joining in on tackles that has been COMPLETELY removed from 22. There was also a bigger variety of 2 defender tackle animations (along with a cool break down arm wrap thats no longer visible as well). There was more of a slowed down deliberate "hefty" feel, i.e. the jukes were more grounded, etc.

You've got to be kidding me, I'm at a loss of words lol. Do the devs even know that these things aren't firing off anymore? Were these things deliberately removed? Does anyone have any insight on this or a direct line to the devs to see what the deal is? Maybe this is something that they can "brush the cobwebs off" in the next title update.
The easy answer is EA has 2 different teams. One for current and one for the next year. 21 has been fully upgraded and 22 is still in the process of being fully upgraded and did not carry over all of the previous versions fixes/changes.

I know its dumb but thats all i got

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON
Old 01-17-2022, 08:11 PM   #3
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Good morning,

Man I can give my input . First thanks for taking the time out to value someone elses opinion through a lens check into it then constructively put together a response. If there was more of that rather than the usual agenda lunes or snipes this place would be a fountain of collective thoughts!! first when NG came out predictably sim heads loved it and competitive cats hated it because you couldnt cut on a dime routes were measured and the game was slowed down!! one particular content creator hated it and influenced for changing the movement!! when the beta came out predictably half lived the movement hslf hated it you can guess which ones!! EA did take in feedback and surveyed but ultimately the ones who wanted a more last gen movement experience won out!! when In the trial I immediately saw the difference it was like night and day to the point where I felt like I was playing last gen on a new gen console!! conversely the movement has regressed even more so we are at the point we are in now!! i was sooiled by NG movement in 21 and looked forward to it !! it didnt help that the show and 2k were producing quality NG games as well!!So the genesis was that beta and the corresponding feedback and decision EA chose to go in!! The movement and penalties are nerfed and I scratch my head why? but it is what it is my man!!
Old 01-17-2022, 08:31 PM   #4
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

I played the absolute daylights out of 21 and tbh I enjoyed it much better than 22. Campus legends mode in 22 feels like a much better game of football than the actual base game. Not sure why.
Old 01-17-2022, 11:26 PM   #5
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

I remember all they were talking about for M21 next gen was the player movement and how they could use all this real time data. Haven't heard anything since.....seems like that idea lasted a few weeks.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 01-17-2022 at 11:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2022, 10:22 PM   #6
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I still think the player movement is good. Way better than last-gen.

It's sped up a little I think from 21. I think I would like something in the middle the best.
Old 01-18-2022, 11:10 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I still think the player movement is good. Way better than last-gen.

It's sped up a little I think from 21. I think I would like something in the middle the best.
Yea, its definitely still decent, its not the turn on a dime completely weightless game of last gen. However, its not as optimized as 21 (next gen) was for whatever reason and its glaringly missing much of the physics interaction animations that were in 21. Hoping they get everything back to where its supposed to be in one of the next title updates. If what one of the gentlemen above stated is facts, then it should be back to normal within the next two updates.
Old 01-18-2022, 11:22 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Man I can give my input . First thanks for taking the time out to value someone elses opinion through a lens check into it then constructively put together a response. If there was more of that rather than the usual agenda lunes or snipes this place would be a fountain of collective thoughts!! first when NG came out predictably sim heads loved it and competitive cats hated it because you couldnt cut on a dime routes were measured and the game was slowed down!! one particular content creator hated it and influenced for changing the movement!! when the beta came out predictably half lived the movement hslf hated it you can guess which ones!! EA did take in feedback and surveyed but ultimately the ones who wanted a more last gen movement experience won out!! when In the trial I immediately saw the difference it was like night and day to the point where I felt like I was playing last gen on a new gen console!! conversely the movement has regressed even more so we are at the point we are in now!! i was sooiled by NG movement in 21 and looked forward to it !! it didnt help that the show and 2k were producing quality NG games as well!!So the genesis was that beta and the corresponding feedback and decision EA chose to go in!! The movement and penalties are nerfed and I scratch my head why? but it is what it is my man!!
Not sure how difficult this would be, but the solution to the different crowds wanting different gameplay is to "simply" have the game parameters change depending on the style of play chosen. They seem to be leaning in that direction with the simulation, competitive, and arcade options. If you select simulation, you'll have the heavier realistic movement, while competitive and arcade will have a more light feel (similar to but not completely like last gen).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »