Home

NFL2K5 vs Madden 2005

This is a discussion on NFL2K5 vs Madden 2005 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: NFL 2K5 or Madden 2005?
2K5 37 69.81%
Madden 2005 16 30.19%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2022, 07:13 PM   #49
Rookie

parkej13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NFL2K5 vs Madden 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
You don't see the hype because you're playing the game nearly 20 years after it was released, lol. At the time of its release, NFL 2k5 was a great game. It shows its age now. At the time of its release, Madden 05 was a great game. It also shows its age now.

Both games had their strengths and weaknesses. It's 2022, however. I'd love to see where football gaming would be today if the competition never ceased to exist, but that's not what timeline we're in. We're in a 2022 where Madden is all we get annually, and has been all we've gotten annually for the last near 17 years. We all know how that's gone as well. EA has had many flops over the years, and it would be fair to say that the series has not reached its potential since they got the exclusive rights.
I think you're sort of missing the point. What I'm getting at is that I also played Madden 2005, 20 years after it was released and I still enjoy it til this day, but NFL 2K5, not so much. The Franchise mode in 2K5 leaves a lot to be desired when compared to Madden. 2K5 is a better looking game and has better presentation, but it ends there. At the end of the day though, as you mentioned, 2K5, like Madden is an older game and honestly I can only stand to play Madden 2005 for a couple of Franchise years at a time before the graphics wear on me, and I play a more recent title like Madden 12 (PS3) or Madden 25 (PS4). Hopefully EA makes a game worth my $60 sometime in the near future, otherwise, myself and many others will continue bouncing between the older titles.
Madden 10
Madden 12
NCAA Football 06
NCAA Football 13
College Hoops 2K8
Old 03-29-2022, 08:40 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkej13
I think you're sort of missing the point. What I'm getting at is that I also played Madden 2005, 20 years after it was released and I still enjoy it til this day, but NFL 2K5, not so much. The Franchise mode in 2K5 leaves a lot to be desired when compared to Madden. 2K5 is a better looking game and has better presentation, but it ends there. At the end of the day though, as you mentioned, 2K5, like Madden is an older game and honestly I can only stand to play Madden 2005 for a couple of Franchise years at a time before the graphics wear on me, and I play a more recent title like Madden 12 (PS3) or Madden 25 (PS4). Hopefully EA makes a game worth my $60 sometime in the near future, otherwise, myself and many others will continue bouncing between the older titles.
I see what you're getting at more clearly now. I think it is still tough to judge the games at this point. What they were when they came out isn't close to what they are now many years later.

As for enjoying one or the other over the other, it's all opinion. I can't really play either at this point as both show too much age for me. I personally enjoyed 2k5, but I have always preferred the way 2k games have played versus EA games. 2k doesn't do everything perfect and Madden did some things better, but, for me, 2k5 was worth the hype and more, but I understand others won't agree.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 03-29-2022, 09:36 PM   #51
Rookie

I’ll put it like this, if Madden 06 was what it was supposed to be, a lot less people would be talking about nfl 2k5 today
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2022, 11:23 PM   #52
Rookie

parkej13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I see what you're getting at more clearly now. I think it is still tough to judge the games at this point. What they were when they came out isn't close to what they are now many years later.

As for enjoying one or the other over the other, it's all opinion. I can't really play either at this point as both show too much age for me. I personally enjoyed 2k5, but I have always preferred the way 2k games have played versus EA games. 2k doesn't do everything perfect and Madden did some things better, but, for me, 2k5 was worth the hype and more, but I understand others won't agree.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Yeah I hear you, I don't play it as much now since I recently picked up a PS3, so that I could try Madden 12 and NCAA Football 14. The graphics of those games hold up much better for obvious reasons and they still offer a relatively decent franchise mode. One of these days, EA is going to put together a complete football. Just wait. LOL
Madden 10
Madden 12
NCAA Football 06
NCAA Football 13
College Hoops 2K8

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »