Home

Air Coryell - West Coast - Vertical Zones?

This is a discussion on Air Coryell - West Coast - Vertical Zones? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2022, 08:10 PM   #1
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9
Air Coryell - West Coast - Vertical Zones?

So I'm trying to run some 2009 - 2015 Games and I'm trying to use the team playboys in franchise since madden still does not allow play now playbooks into franchise.

Could someone tell me in an example using the Air Coryell system what offense playbook I would need to look at?

Same with West Coast And Vertical.

When I Google I get a lot of mix and matching of different versions of concepts. I'm not the most tech savvy when it comes to this, so I would really appreciate someone's knowledge on this.

We all know what madden is, at this point I'm just trying to get things working the best it can. This is for madden 22 btw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2022, 08:24 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Air Coryell - West Coast - Vertical Zones?

The best West Coast playbook in the game is the generic "West Coast" playbook. It is actually really good for old school WC offense such as the 49ers from the 80s. The Raiders playbook is also a West Coast system and performs pretty well.

Now if you are looking for Air Coryell, the Pass Balanced and even the Balanced playbooks do a pretty decent job. The Falcons playbook does a decent job as well, but not exact.

Air Coryell is a vertical offensive system. The TE stretches the field in the middle seam while the WRs on each side stretch the sidelines. This put a lot of pressure on defenses back when Cover 2 was the main coverage.

So, in franchise mode, I highly recommend using a 2nd controller when you are going to play a game, and pick the generic playbooks I mentioned and then put the controller back in the middle before you start. The playbook will stick.

I always set up 32 team control and set the playbooks to something close to what I want them to run and then set the generic playbook when I play the game.

Hope that helps.
Old 06-09-2022, 10:07 PM   #3
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Air Coryell - West Coast - Vertical Zones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
The best West Coast playbook in the game is the generic "West Coast" playbook. It is actually really good for old school WC offense such as the 49ers from the 80s. The Raiders playbook is also a West Coast system and performs pretty well.

Now if you are looking for Air Coryell, the Pass Balanced and even the Balanced playbooks do a pretty decent job. The Falcons playbook does a decent job as well, but not exact.

Air Coryell is a vertical offensive system. The TE stretches the field in the middle seam while the WRs on each side stretch the sidelines. This put a lot of pressure on defenses back when Cover 2 was the main coverage.

So, in franchise mode, I highly recommend using a 2nd controller when you are going to play a game, and pick the generic playbooks I mentioned and then put the controller back in the middle before you start. The playbook will stick.

I always set up 32 team control and set the playbooks to something close to what I want them to run and then set the generic playbook when I play the game.

Hope that helps.
Hey percussions bro, good to here from you!

I appreciate the help and explanations, I didn't realize the 2 controller method still worked, I'm on Xbox now, my ps went out and I'm still saving/holding out for a ps5.

I was using nfl reference as the guide as I'm naming the coaches for the 32, I've ordered a controller, to be able to choose the generics. So it's actually possible to use the generics in franchise now? That's incredibly awesome.

I can remember back on 20 if you tried that, one team would be completely not visible and all you could see the ball moving.

Thank you bro, I will message you and let ya know the outcome!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »