Home

D-line Controls

This is a discussion on D-line Controls within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2022, 03:25 PM   #1
Rookie

LocDawg5050's Arena

OVR: 0
D-line Controls

Wanted to know how you guys best control ur Dline man. Do you use speed button while performing swim/rip? Do you just use left or right on the stick? Do you use the move before or after contact with the blocker? Anyone like to use spin? And if you do... can u share ur success with the move. Thanks guys.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2022, 03:50 PM   #2
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: D-line Controls

I use the speed burst only when trying use a speed move around the edge. With every other move I try and begin the move right when I make contact with the olineman.

The spin move is one of my favorites even though it probably has the lowest rate of success for me. I find the rip move to be the most devastating in terms of producing sacks especially on the interior.

I've failed to draft or sign an elite pass rusher in my Franchise this cycle, but I've had a lot of fun trying to create pressure with a group of slightly above average guys.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 04-22-2022, 04:15 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocDawg5050
Wanted to know how you guys best control ur Dline man. Do you use speed button while performing swim/rip? Do you just use left or right on the stick? Do you use the move before or after contact with the blocker? Anyone like to use spin? And if you do... can u share ur success with the move. Thanks guys.

If the DL highest move rating is Power (PMV) and you try to perform a Spin which is a Finesse (FMV), triggering a successful/win animation won't occur as often if there highest move rating was FMV.

Also, remember the OL Resistance Bars build up against the same OL vs DL player match-up, doing the same move to either side.

One thing I like to do, is do my own delayed twist/stunts.
Big risk though, because you can create an open scramble/run lane where you vacated.

There's some additional gameplay info here https://forums.operationsports.com/f...variables.html dealing with the OL STR rating that will open DL Usering up more.
Old 04-22-2022, 04:54 PM   #4
Rookie

LocDawg5050's Arena

Guys this is some good stuff. Thanks alot for taking the time out to respond. I will take these concepts and ideas to the lab and work on diffrent oline sets. Hope to see you guys smashing it up on M23. Cheers!

Old 04-23-2022, 10:31 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I use the speed burst only when trying use a speed move around the edge. With every other move I try and begin the move right when I make contact with the olineman.

The spin move is one of my favorites even though it probably has the lowest rate of success for me. I find the rip move to be the most devastating in terms of producing sacks especially on the interior.

I've failed to draft or sign an elite pass rusher in my Franchise this cycle, but I've had a lot of fun trying to create pressure with a group of slightly above average guys.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

I play almost exclusively as a DL. The only thing I’d add to this is about timing. For finesse moves I try to time it right before contact. For power moves (club) I try to do it right after. Bull rush triggers for either timing depending on player ratings. It just takes practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2022, 03:29 PM   #6
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Make sure you rotate your guys around to avoid resistance. I usually have my two best guys flipped between the regular chart and the rush depth chart. I will also usually have a run down package with some backups for the same reason.
Old 04-27-2022, 11:58 AM   #7
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocDawg5050

Smash down for bull rush, destroy OL and sack your way to many superbowls.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »