Home

Madden 22 For The Spectator

This is a discussion on Madden 22 For The Spectator within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2022, 02:17 PM   #1
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Madden 22 For The Spectator

I know that the majority of people on this forum are User v. User/AI. But, for a person like myself, who spectates just about as much if not more than I do playing, I have to say that watching the game play out ain't that bad at all. As a matter of fact to my bad eyes, it's actually pretty good. I think the QB's scrambling around trying to make plays is better than we may give em credit for. They will scramble to the left or right regardless of throwing hand, and try to make a play. They are aggressive in taking shots and throwing downfield. Incompletions do come in variety and not just bat downs or whatever. I think the X-Factor and Superstar ability traits also stand out more to me when I'm spectating. You see exactly who is doing what. I spent most of my time early on, only playing in an online league and outside of that not doing much with the game at all. But, I gotta say, I've been kind of impressed with just watching the AI do it's thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2022, 03:48 PM   #2
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden 22 For The Spectator

Others disagree of course but to me everything you've mentioned is just as good in the User vs CPU experience. It's the best it's ever been by a wide margin.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-14-2022, 03:44 AM   #3
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14

I think the gameplay is at its best when its cpu vs cpu with the user spectating.

PSN: SeahawkFan11OS

GT: SuperSeahawks

Twitch
Old 05-18-2022, 11:14 PM   #4
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

OVR: 0

I've been addicted to this since they reintroduced it like 4 years ago. Best experience with the way the game is programmed, imo, and wayyy less cheese and forced gameplay animation. Less insta-shed etc.

This is what fights my anger with user vs cpu etc. It's my relief lol.

.....Also love all defense/all offense with slow Sim as well. Lets you scratch the play itch and still enjoy, imo. Also, if you have time customize the playbooks and gameplanning then grab ya popcorn.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON

Last edited by GoJags904; 05-18-2022 at 11:18 PM.
Old 05-20-2022, 11:05 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJags904
I've been addicted to this since they reintroduced it like 4 years ago. Best experience with the way the game is programmed, imo, and wayyy less cheese and forced gameplay animation. Less insta-shed etc.

This is what fights my anger with user vs cpu etc. It's my relief lol.

.....Also love all defense/all offense with slow Sim as well. Lets you scratch the play itch and still enjoy, imo. Also, if you have time customize the playbooks and gameplanning then grab ya popcorn.

How do you customize playbooks for both teams for cpu vs cpu? You got to use two profiles and the 2nd profile the team does not appear on the field for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2022, 11:36 AM   #6
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie
How do you customize playbooks for both teams for cpu vs cpu? You got to use two profiles and the 2nd profile the team does not appear on the field for me.
I don't set it every franchise, but iirc, it's offline only and you have to set control for both teams and edit playbooks individually similar to h2h. Let me know if you've tried this and I'll try it again when I get off work today.

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON
Old 05-23-2022, 10:31 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJags904
I don't set it every franchise, but iirc, it's offline only and you have to set control for both teams and edit playbooks individually similar to h2h. Let me know if you've tried this and I'll try it again when I get off work today.

I've tried it only in CFM and just can't get it to work. Stupid where you have to have to profiles. That is where the problem lies. I set up two profiles playbooks and the secondary playbook doesn't work the team is not visible on the field and iirc if you do 2nd profile as Guest the custom playbook doesn't show up.
Old 05-23-2022, 11:49 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie
I've tried it only in CFM and just can't get it to work. Stupid where you have to have to profiles. That is where the problem lies. I set up two profiles playbooks and the secondary playbook doesn't work the team is not visible on the field and iirc if you do 2nd profile as Guest the custom playbook doesn't show up.
you dont have to have 2 profiles. there’s an easier way.

1. when you go to play the game, make sure the home team is user controlled and the away team is run by the cpu. if you don’t do this, you can’t start the game from play the moments. if you want to make changes to the away team/cpu controlled team, make them before the game and retire coach from user control. changes will stick.

2. start the game with the play the moments option in the cfm screen. set up the custom playbooks. keep both controlllers on their sides in controller select. dont put home team controller in the middle.

3. when the game starts, it will be in super sim fast speed mode. mash B to back out of this mode. A couple of plays will super sim on fast. You got to be quick. But don’t mash B to back out twice or it will go to field action and you won’t have cpu vs cpu. You got to change super sim speed to slow.

Here’s me doing it on madden 22. You can do this with any madden with super sim.
https://youtu.be/E8HOSrpxwSs

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts

Last edited by tommycoa; 05-23-2022 at 11:53 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »