Home

Madden 23 Gameplay & Franchise Improvements by GameInformer

This is a discussion on Madden 23 Gameplay & Franchise Improvements by GameInformer within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2022, 07:45 AM   #81
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 23 Gameplay & Franchise Improvements by GameInformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAfricanMLoan
Anyone notice improvement to CPU generated draft classes or a mechanism to adjust draft class quality?

This is one I’m curious about. It was improved until the scouting update then when back to the old classes.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2022, 11:34 AM   #82
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAfricanMLoan
Anyone notice improvement to CPU generated draft classes or a mechanism to adjust draft class quality?

The QB I drafted had 99 speed and 95 accel... Not sure if that's an improvement, but it was easily the sickest QB i've ever drafted. Unfortunately the new DE contain mechanic in the beta is completely broken and you can't ever scramble with anyone so i never got to test his speed.
Old 06-28-2022, 01:00 AM   #83
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
The QB I drafted had 99 speed and 95 accel... Not sure if that's an improvement, but it was easily the sickest QB i've ever drafted. Unfortunately the new DE contain mechanic in the beta is completely broken and you can't ever scramble with anyone so i never got to test his speed.

it felt like QB's were slow to me, like on read option plays and designed qb runs.

Philly did u ever try scrambling up through the middle of the line? It seems more effective than trying to get outside in the beTA.
Old 06-28-2022, 10:24 PM   #84
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

I haven't read this whole thread. I haven't bought a Madden since 2019 so wondering what is different. I'm seeing some things are the same.
Is drafting different at all?

Is draft logic better as in do they still draft a first round QB when they already hae a second year drafted high QB but is only a 81 and the computer drafts a 82?

Any change in relocation as in uniform colors or do they now at least say the Cities name instead of just home team lol? I recall like three if those in 2019.

Are trades better? It was too easy to aquire a first round pick for little and too easy to trade for a player giving up little.

I also thought there was a problem with fifth year options and the salary cap.

Just a few questions,.... Thanks.
Old 06-28-2022, 11:29 PM   #85
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
I haven't read this whole thread. I haven't bought a Madden since 2019 so wondering what is different. I'm seeing some things are the same.
Is drafting different at all? Same process as before.

Is draft logic better as in do they still draft a first round QB when they already hae a second year drafted high QB but is only a 81 and the computer drafts a 82? Yes, logic is vastly improved in the beta. The new player tags make a noticeable difference. I never saw a single questionable QB draft in the 3 test drafts I went through.

Any change in relocation as in uniform colors or do they now at least say the Cities name instead of just home team lol? I recall like three if those in 2019. Unchanged.

Are trades better? It was too easy to aquire a first round pick for little and too easy to trade for a player giving up little. Improved, but very far from perfect. The 3 slot maximum is really hurting the trade system.

I also thought there was a problem with fifth year options and the salary cap. 5th year options appear again. I don't believe the CPU gets the ability to take them, though. Salary cap has rollover added to it which is very nice.

Just a few questions,.... Thanks.
Answers in red above.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2022, 11:40 PM   #86
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Answers in red above.
Thanks. I recall zone coverage had issues too.
Any new commentary or same ol?

Seems they still have a ways to go and don't seem to be in any hurry to appease the franchise guys.

So I'll be in no hurry to buy another unless I read something great.
I sure recall Duece or someone coming up with new things rather quickly in a thread but EA I guess don't allow to employ creative guys ,.. ..idk.
Old 06-29-2022, 12:14 AM   #87
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Thanks. I recall zone coverage had issues too.
Any new commentary or same ol?

Seems they still have a ways to go and don't seem to be in any hurry to appease the franchise guys.

So I'll be in no hurry to buy another unless I read something great.
I sure recall Duece or someone coming up with new things rather quickly in a thread but EA I guess don't allow to employ creative guys ,.. ..idk.
Zone coverage is reverted back to spot coverage by default in 23, but it's played well and the more realistic quick reactions to throwing motions lead to strong defense now. I personally loved it.

Commentary was unchanged in the beta.

Deuce works at EA now, but I don't know how much impact he has solely.

― Plato
Old 07-02-2022, 09:52 PM   #88
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Zone coverage is reverted back to spot coverage by default in 23, but it's played well and the more realistic quick reactions to throwing motions lead to strong defense now. I personally loved it.

Commentary was unchanged in the beta.

Deuce works 3 EA now, but I don't know how much impact he has solely.
Does he? Wow, when did that happen? Hopefully it hasn't been a couple years already since not much change is happening. That would indicate he has no impact.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »