Home

Madden NFL 23 Beta Impressions (PS5 / XSX)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 23 Beta Impressions (PS5 / XSX) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2022, 02:29 PM   #17
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PS5/XBX Beta Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
XSX.......
are roster updated or not completely yet ??
Old 06-02-2022, 03:15 PM   #18
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Hey guys, more information about the Madden 23 Closed Beta is at this link. This document answer questions about available platforms, mode availability, player ratings, and other general procedural questions.

That out of the way, let's try to keep this thread focused on football gameplay impressions authored by those who have played the beta. Thanks!
Old 06-02-2022, 03:39 PM   #19
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Let me start by saying in Madden 20 ,21 and 22 I have spent all my time in MUT because I found no challenge in playing the CPU.

I'm on the Xbox series X , just played my first game. All Pro default sliders. Chiefs - me VS Rams - CPU at Rams 6:00 quarters accelerated clock off. The game felt much better to me. I had a tough time passing. Mahomes was 12 for 21 with 1 TD and 2 INT's and a 13 yard scramble. I used two HB's one was 7 for 29 the other 5 for 38.

Receiving:
Kelce - 4 for 30
Edwards - Helaire - 3 for 18
Valdes-Scandling - 2 for 17
Jones ll - 1 for 9 from Chad Henne (Mahomes was tired after his run and big hit)
Smith-Schuster- 2 for 48
Hardman - 1 for 5

I won 31 -3

Based on how the CPU played me the game would have been much closer if not for the turnovers. I had one pick 6 and I caused 5 fumbles using the right bumper (strip ball) and Stafford fumbled when I hit him with Jones.
Obviously the strip ball feature needs adjusting. I'm going to refrain from using it next game. going to play Buc's - CPU at Chiefs - me.

Only one game but things look and feel promising.
Old 06-02-2022, 03:56 PM   #20
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

This game after 1 1/2 games, physics wise, gives me cleaned up Madden 13 vibes without all the silliness. Players do fall over each other but it’s in a much cleaner fashion. I have seen multiple player tackles, one example is where Ezekiel Elliott was running, got stood up by one defender, that defender was holding his legs and another defender came and pushed him down to the ground once his momentum had stopped.
Old 06-02-2022, 04:31 PM   #21
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

Just lost to the Buc's , Buc's 22 - Chiefs 21. I messed up on a kick off , I thought I stayed in the end zone but when I caught the kick off my toe was on the field and I just stood in the end zone , safety for the Buc's , cost me the game.

DB coverage seems much better so far. The A.I. has swatted a lot of my passes down. Offensive and Defensive line play feels better as well. I don't feel like I'm glued to the O lineman when I'm rushing the QB. The A.I. QB seems to be making some good decisions with the ball.

Next I'm going to play a team with a scrambling QB to see how often they run for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2022, 04:34 PM   #22
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Just lost to the Buc's , Buc's 22 - Chiefs 21. I messed up on a kick off , I thought I stayed in the end zone but when I caught the kick off my toe was on the field and I just stood in the end zone , safety for the Buc's , cost me the game.

DB coverage seems much better so far. The A.I. has swatted a lot of my passes down. Offensive and Defensive line play feels better as well. I don't feel like I'm glued to the O lineman when I'm rushing the QB. The A.I. QB seems to be making some good decisions with the ball.

Next I'm going to play a team with a scrambling QB to see how often they run for it.
on which diffifculty ? how good is WR/CB interaction ?
Old 06-02-2022, 05:20 PM   #23
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

AM defaults lost 21-17 (me Bills) vs Jets. I really love the pressure a good DL can put on your now. I can roll out on M22 with Josh Allen to buy time, but in the M23 beta more than not I'm hounded.

The WR/DB interactions are so much better and it does appear to me that DB's are much smarter and cover the field much better.

Could be a beta thing, but I also like how quick your taken to the play call screen after the play is over.

It definitely has a "next gen" vibe to it with player models, jerseys, lighting, etc...

Not sure I'm into the new passing mechanic.. maybe it will grow on me, but for the 2nd half I went back to classic passing. (I have enough to worry about avoiding sacks)
Old 06-02-2022, 05:23 PM   #24
Pro

El_Tercero's Arena

I noticed that Escape Artist is now an X Factor ability. Kyler Murray is the only QB equipped with it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »