Home

Day 1 Purchase or No?

This is a discussion on Day 1 Purchase or No? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2022, 10:12 AM   #41
Pro

BlackLightning3's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Day 1 Purchase or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattanite
This is a huge pain scarred into online league memories. The 31user maxed out bug, the draft reset bug and the bugs that totally bricked online leagues and forced to restart were all m22 exclusive, especially bad after a big chunk of leagues waited until the scouting update in October. I think if leagues get wind of bugs or delayed big updates again there'll be another slow down in online league starts and more folks waiting on buying.
The bugs are already here. Prospects skill cards show up as blank in online CFM and importing custom classes is glitchy smh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2022, 12:58 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 0

Thinking I will wait until next year and get college and madden. Give them one more year to get up to ‘Next Gen’ leval.

Stadiums are still lacking, sidelines look very much like the ps3 era especially with no cheerleaders.

Weather is same as PS4 with limited options. No heavy snow or dynamic weather.

I want to see bigger steps in franchise mode as far as past season tracking stats like Ncaa 14 had.
Just a couple things I’d love to see upgraded. 23 does appear better than 22.
Old 06-25-2022, 02:43 PM   #43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I enjoyed the Beta but I will be passing all together. I'm not an avid Madden gamer nor NFL fan these days, so while the gameplay was fun and the franchise mode was pretty good, I just don't see myself buying the game and really diving into it.
This is an asinine take.

"I don't like Madden or football, so I'm not buying the game."

Jesus ****, how many forums do you have to go to cover everything you won't buy?
Old 06-25-2022, 05:00 PM   #44

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Haven’t decided yet, but kinda want that steelbook from Walmart.
Old 06-25-2022, 06:38 PM   #45
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

I love the NFL too much not to buy it. I'll get EA Play in August for the 10 hour trial and use the 10% off to Pre Order before getting my EA Play money back.

Not impressed with the beta. Gameplay shows promise - especially the ball carrier foot planting LT stuff and the new passing system. Really like those. Franchise is basically M22 franchise, but that's what we all expected. I'll make the most of it and put 300-500 hours in like I do every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2022, 07:20 PM   #46
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Day 1 Purchase or No?

Played the beta all morning in franchise mode.

Game is a polished up version of Madden 22.

Smooth. Player movement is very nice.

That was all I liked.

No gang tackles, not nearly enough wrap up and clean ups, way too much with one on one tackles and hit stick type stuff.

Presentation is dreadful

Franchise is basically the same as 22 but much snappier menus, some QOL fixes. Player tags, free agency a little different but still too easy to get whomever you want.

Injuries are bugged. I had my LT Armstead go down with a fractured foot in week one.

Was playing week 2.

Come on man.

Penalties are virtually non existent.

The swoosh sound on every pass is cringe inducing.

Not my kind of game at all. I feel like the ship has sailed in terms of the vision of the game not really aligning with what I had hoped for. It does not feel like the NFL to me. It feels like a MUT world. No ESPN no NFLN, no feel of a weekly drama unfolding.

Madden 16 was the last game where I felt it had dynamic story telling with their news center, branching prospect storylines and Adam Schefter commenting during the draft. Also the news center was well organized and had cool nuggets written. Yeah it lacks a lot of what is in franchise now but it plays a great game of football with real fatigue, injuries to QB’s, penalties that work, the best tackling Madden ever had…..that ignite engine was money.

The scenario engine is a whiff. Sorry but it is. There are no consequences and it feels capsuled to your team. And nothing is going on around the league.

For those that enjoy it. Have fun. Gonna stick with what I love playing (Madden 16 and 21 NG).

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 06-25-2022 at 11:38 PM.
Old 06-26-2022, 01:24 AM   #47
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Levy
Not Next Gen so there's virtually no reason for me to buy at all for a roster update, which I can get an even better version of for free staying on PC.

Just about to dive into a fully realized, fictional alternate football universe so that'll keep me more than preoccupied this season.
Yeah if you play PC, there is absolutely no reason to buy the new one, unless your goal is to convince them to make PC the next gen update.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 06-26-2022, 01:27 AM   #48
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Played the beta all morning in franchise mode.

Game is a polished up version of Madden 22.

Smooth. Player movement is very nice.

That was all I liked.

No gang tackles, not nearly enough wrap up and clean ups, way too much with one on one tackles and hit stick type stuff.

Presentation is dreadful

Franchise is basically the same as 22 but much snappier menus, some QOL fixes. Player tags, free agency a little different but still too easy to get whomever you want.

Injuries are bugged. I had my LT Armstead go down with a fractured foot in week one.

Was playing week 2.

Come on man.

Penalties are virtually non existent.

The swoosh sound on every pass is cringe inducing.

Not my kind of game at all. I feel like the ship has sailed in terms of the vision of the game not really aligning with what I had hoped for. It does not feel like the NFL to me. It feels like a MUT world. No ESPN no NFLN, no feel of a weekly drama unfolding.

Madden 16 was the last game where I felt it had dynamic story telling with their news center, branching prospect storylines and Adam Schefter commenting during the draft. Also the news center was well organized and had cool nuggets written. Yeah it lacks a lot of what is in franchise now but it plays a great game of football with real fatigue, injuries to QB’s, penalties that work, the best tackling Madden ever had…..that ignite engine was money.

The scenario engine is a whiff. Sorry but it is. There are no consequences and it feels capsuled to your team. And nothing is going on around the league.

For those that enjoy it. Have fun. Gonna stick with what I love playing (Madden 16 and 21 NG).

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
This is fair. You do feel kind of stuck in this tunnel where only your team exists, in terms of the storytelling. For example, the only images of NFL games you get in the menu week to week are the pictures you snap. Are you seriously with this? They need to reevaluate their direction with Franchise. It needs to be about the league. A living, breathing league, not just a single player RPG.

The swoosh sound forced me to just turn off haptic feedback. I am not amused by this.

I also experienced the injury bug. Lost two people with fractures who played the next week.

Too much highlight stuff, not enough football stuff (for example, so many broken tackles and big plays off of tips. Hit sticks seem a bit less than previous Maddens, but still possibly high).

But gang tackles? I feel like there are some gang tackles, but maybe I'm not paying enough attention and am being misled.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »