Home

More effective AI ball carrier madden 21

This is a discussion on More effective AI ball carrier madden 21 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2022, 02:31 PM   #1
Rookie

LocDawg5050's Arena

OVR: 0

Men I know I'm going back in time here, but is there any formula settings that makes the AI ball carrier more effective? Where they use more special moves rather then just lowering USER tackle setting.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2022, 02:43 PM   #2
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: More effective AI ball carrier madden 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocDawg5050
Men I know I'm going back in time here, but is there any formula settings that makes the AI ball carrier more effective? Where they use more special moves rather then just lowering USER tackle setting.

Look at individual position specific ratings as modifiers. For example Change Of Direction, Juke, Spin...max them out at 99 for fast and agile backs; Stiff Arm and Trucking for power backs...all of them for balanced backs...and then watch the AI RB's work. There are other individual ratings that will separate backs from each other so don't worry about whether all back will play the same. This is suppose to be a video game representation of the NFL...players playing the game at the absolute highest level. All running backs should be able to juke, spin, stiff arm, and truck depending on the type of backs they are. Just my opinion.
Old 06-27-2022, 04:15 PM   #3
MVP

Thinking outside the box a little: try giving the AI running game some room to freakin breathe.

It’s counterintuitive but if you’re like me and you’ve spent the better part of your football gaming career stuffing the absolute F out of the run, maybe it’s time to lighten up a little and just, ya know, allow some rushing yards here and there.

And to be clear I’m not talking about “letting” them do anything — “I guess I won’t make this tackle” — that’s not what I mean. I just mean that in the context of calling your defensive game, and in the context of where your eyes are, and what you’re doing on the sticks, lighten up on the run.

I think a lot of us are just wired and geared up to not allow anything on defense, ever, so those runs that might be pretty nice if you’d just lighten off the gas a little, all get stuffed.

I feel like this is what most of us have been doing the entire time—simply not allowing any room for the AI’s running game to breathe—because it’s just not in our blood to do that.

But I’m tellin you the solution here is to just back tf off a little, stop constantly letting yourself feel like allowing rushing yards is the devil like it’s still 1990, and play the pass with much more dedication.

At last glance I was like 25th against the run and 10th against the pass in my Lions chise. The cheesy 37-for-38 games from the AI were gone (because I actually spent countless games devoting myself to stopping the pass, so now I know how instead of blaming sliders and bad AI defenders like every other idiot does) and replaced with hyper-realistic 18–for-28 for 240 yards type performances, with backs getting loose with moderate frequency simply because that’s the sort of defensive game I was calling.

Frankly with how quick everyone is to start radically altering sliders I don’t even know what game half of you are playing anyway, but my experience the last couple years on Madden has been pretty great in all areas. It all boils down to how good you are at getting outcomes you want, i.e. dictating the flow of the game.

It might be the case that I want them to run the ball 12 times and suck 7:44 off the clock, ya know? So you gotta call plays and execute in such a way so that that’s what happens, opposed to stuffing their face for a -4 every time they try to run.

Last edited by Detroit Tigers; 06-27-2022 at 06:18 PM.
Old 06-27-2022, 04:50 PM   #4
Rookie

LocDawg5050's Arena

Detroit- I'm totally feeling ur energy and what you are talking about. It took me a while to figure out the LET THEM BREATH concept. I play DT or DE with a no switch rule. Once me as the user is out of the play or over shoot the play I let the AI defenders attempt the rest. I don't blitz as much any more and I play softer defense when possible. I absolutely enjoy having the CPU AI pound the rock with success but I'm not seeing the special moves even in the wide open. The AI ball carrier could have my AI tackler on a one on one and will simply get tackled without any extra effort. One of the only times I really start fearing the AI run is when Derrick Henry gets into the zone. My defense don't have studs so RBs should be slicing thru or bull dozing their way to the end zone.

I agree with what u said about sliders tho....at times the AI play calling has me in a WTF state. Any way I wanted to see what the community had to offer about this topic. Thanks for the input. BTW just to be clear I'm playing NG Madden 21.

Old 06-27-2022, 05:56 PM   #5
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Not sure what you play style is, but one thing I do is no switch. I play as a defensive end and I don't switch once the ball is snapped. I allow my AI teammates to make/not make plays. In my experience that has helped the AI running game some as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2022, 06:04 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocDawg5050
Detroit- I'm totally feeling ur energy and what you are talking about. It took me a while to figure out the LET THEM BREATH concept. I play DT or DE with a no switch rule. Once me as the user is out of the play or over shoot the play I let the AI defenders attempt the rest. I don't blitz as much any more and I play softer defense when possible. I absolutely enjoy having the CPU AI pound the rock with success but I'm not seeing the special moves even in the wide open. The AI ball carrier could have my AI tackler on a one on one and will simply get tackled without any extra effort. One of the only times I really start fearing the AI run is when Derrick Henry gets into the zone. My defense don't have studs so RBs should be slicing thru or bull dozing their way to the end zone.

I agree with what u said about sliders tho....at times the AI play calling has me in a WTF state. Any way I wanted to see what the community had to offer about this topic. Thanks for the input. BTW just to be clear I'm playing NG Madden 21.

Hey right on, then yeah if that’s the case then I think tarheelphenom is more on point here, like about just giving guys various ratings boosts and whatnot so that they perform better. Id agree. While we want good separation between players and want them using most of the ratings scale, we still don’t necessarily need scatbacks with less than 80 agl for instance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »