Home

TDawg3782's Madden 20 CFM Progression Tool

This is a discussion on TDawg3782's Madden 20 CFM Progression Tool within the Madden NFL Footbll PC Utilities forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC > Madden NFL Footbll PC Utilities
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2019, 09:00 PM   #73
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: TDawg3782's Madden 20 CFM Progression Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Cool, thanks - keen to hear what you have in mind. BTW I was thinking that I'd run the year 1 1st progression with v3, but just not in actual year 1 of the CFM. Is the tool actually aware what year the CFM is in? If not, can't I just say season 3 etc is year 1 in the tool?
This is my idea. So the way the tool works is the year 1 week 8 progression assigns all players <7 years their potential, years to reach potential, and how many skill points they get at each stage of progression. Same for year 1 regression. It's assigns regression percentage for all players.

Year 2-30 for progression and regression just assigns that for rookies and uses a lookup formula for everybody else that already has one. Wash, rinse, repeat.

So in theory running your year 3 week 8 franchise save through v3.0 of the tool using the year 1 week 8 progression macro will convert your franchise to the new version. Run the other two year 1 macros as normal (week 16 and resign stage) and you're good to go.

Then every other year after you'd run the year 2-30 macros.

Only downside is potentials and regressions are rerolled but nothing should be out of whack.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-06-2019, 09:02 PM   #74
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

I honestly don't know why I didn't think of this simple method sooner. I was so caught up in keeping the original potentials that this didn't even occur to me.

Old 10-06-2019, 09:34 PM   #75
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey Tdawg, loving your tool! Has made franchise so much better! Thank you!

Question though, how do I zero out players exp they already have? I can't for the life of me remember how to lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2019, 09:40 PM   #76
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
I honestly don't know why I didn't think of this simple method sooner. I was so caught up in keeping the original potentials that this didn't even occur to me.

Thanks for clarifying all this - I'll likely move to v3 the next season in a few games then. Rerolling potential feels a bit wrong but it's not like I actually really knew the potential of the players anyway.
Old 10-06-2019, 10:19 PM   #77
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
Hey Tdawg, loving your tool! Has made franchise so much better! Thank you!

Question though, how do I zero out players exp they already have? I can't for the life of me remember how to lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Find the experience points column in the player table in the franchise editor. Zero that out.

Old 10-07-2019, 03:36 PM   #78
Rookie

BigNasty35's Arena

Hey TDawg - I guess for some reason even with things zero'd out because of stories or coach XP / who knows what, some of my players are still earning XP. I've got several players (Dak, Williams, etc) with one XP each.

Should I just spend them before running the tool in week 8, keep them...something else entirely?

I do have XP sliders etc. set at zero from preseason week 1. Thanks!
Old 10-07-2019, 05:32 PM   #79
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNasty35
Hey TDawg - I guess for some reason even with things zero'd out because of stories or coach XP / who knows what, some of my players are still earning XP. I've got several players (Dak, Williams, etc) with one XP each.

Should I just spend them before running the tool in week 8, keep them...something else entirely?

I do have XP sliders etc. set at zero from preseason week 1. Thanks!
Players start your franchise with some XP already earned. Don't know why but they just do. They shouldn't earn anymore as you play. Or very little. But you can do what you like with them. It's such a small amount it won't matter in the long run.

Old 10-09-2019, 10:01 AM   #80
Rookie

A couple of questions if I may to check my understanding:

When the tool is first run every eligible player is assigned a hard cap potential, and distribution of when they will reach that potential? Is there anyway we can see the potential number? Just curious for doing some test runs to get a feel for how it works.

You say that dev trait affects things, I'm guessing higher traits on the whole have higher potential and are more likely to bloom early? What happens if a player's trait changes dynamically after having their potential set?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC > Madden NFL Footbll PC Utilities »