Home

TDawg3782's Madden 20 CFM Progression Tool

This is a discussion on TDawg3782's Madden 20 CFM Progression Tool within the Madden NFL Footbll PC Utilities forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC > Madden NFL Footbll PC Utilities
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2019, 07:39 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: TDawg3782's Madden 20 CFM Progression Tool

Nevermind. Answers my own question.

1000 bravos. Great work man!

Last edited by Councilmann_Jamm; 09-20-2019 at 07:47 PM.
Old 09-21-2019, 12:17 PM   #34
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Regression mod has been added to the tool and we are currently running it through some tests to make sure everything works as it should and league distribution stays good.

Here is a generalized idea on how it works: Every player above 4 years experience and above 79 ovr (no more progression) gets a regression rate. The rates are 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%. The higher the better. That is the percentage of skill points lost that gets added back on. All players below 80 ovr get a 0% (or default regression rate). Players with less then 4 years experience are exactly the same except we look at their potential ovr and not actual ovr. Players have a 59% chance off getting a 25% regression rate, a 20% chance of getting a 50% regression rate, a 15% chance of getting a 75% regression rate, and a 5% chance of getting a 100% regression rate. Nothing gets added back to a player until they start to regress.
Old 09-21-2019, 01:56 PM   #35
Rookie

redwo1f's Arena

Fantastic idea! looking forward to it.
My thoughts though - the terminology sounds counter intuitive - a regression rate of 100% should be full regression (bad), and a regression rate of 25% should be much better (good) - but this is just semantics, lol.

Just a comment - I like what you are doing here, but I feel that everyone should get a chance to be a guy that is able to hang on to his skill longer - not just over 80's - and I suggest an algorithm for that as well (perhaps far less likey for the under 80's, but not impossible), just my thoughts. (also that being the case, maybe even include the flash in the pan types too - allow for it: guys that seem decent early then just crash to further flesh out reality). -- and I would suggest to always error on the side of too few rather than too many regarding statistical outliers.

Anyways, keep doing what you are doing - this utility is absolutely MONUMENTAL to the game, imho.

Last edited by redwo1f; 09-21-2019 at 02:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2019, 02:01 PM   #36
Rookie

I got the macro to work finally by using a newer version of Excel, but I'm not sure the tool is working. I have run it twice (year 1, week 8 & 16) and none of my players have progressed.

I have my XP sliders zeroed out and auto progress turned on. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 09-21-2019, 04:03 PM   #37
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLaw1
I got the macro to work finally by using a newer version of Excel, but I'm not sure the tool is working. I have run it twice (year 1, week 8 & 16) and none of my players have progressed.

I have my XP sliders zeroed out and auto progress turned on. Am I doing something wrong?

If you are doing everything as outlined it should be working. Are you exporting back into the franchise editor? Check out my video tutorial in the OP and see exactly how it should be done to make sure you didn't miss a step.
Old 09-21-2019, 04:07 PM   #38
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwo1f
Fantastic idea! looking forward to it.
My thoughts though - the terminology sounds counter intuitive - a regression rate of 100% should be full regression (bad), and a regression rate of 25% should be much better (good) - but this is just semantics, lol.

Just a comment - I like what you are doing here, but I feel that everyone should get a chance to be a guy that is able to hang on to his skill longer - not just over 80's - and I suggest an algorithm for that as well (perhaps far less likey for the under 80's, but not impossible), just my thoughts. (also that being the case, maybe even include the flash in the pan types too - allow for it: guys that seem decent early then just crash to further flesh out reality). -- and I would suggest to always error on the side of too few rather than too many regarding statistical outliers.

Anyways, keep doing what you are doing - this utility is absolutely MONUMENTAL to the game, imho.
The reason for the >79 Ovr is mainly due to the fact we don't want mid tier 70s players hanging on and taking spots from younger players. That's not realistic in the NFL. I also didn't want to have to adjust every player in game because I can guarantee that it would have affected league distribution by a lot and we would have had to tweak for awhile. This allows a little wrinkle in your CFM and you won't know for sure how much your player will drop now since they can gain some back.

As for the terminology you are just reading it wrong lol. It not percentage on regression but percentage on skill points earned back from regression .
Old 09-21-2019, 04:30 PM   #39
Rookie

redwo1f's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
The reason for the >79 Ovr is mainly due to the fact we don't want mid tier 70s players hanging on and taking spots from younger players. That's not realistic in the NFL. I also didn't want to have to adjust every player in game because I can guarantee that it would have affected league distribution by a lot and we would have had to tweak for awhile. This allows a little wrinkle in your CFM and you won't know for sure how much your player will drop now since they can gain some back.

As for the terminology you are just reading it wrong lol. It not percentage on regression but percentage on skill points earned back from regression .
Well no worries, I understand and get the call you made. League distribution and overall balance is indeed a very important thing - so I get the decisions made. And the terminology - ya, lol, no worries either - just when you typed previously regression rate then threw in 100%, 25%, etc regression rate -- well regression is a decrease rate and you didn't throw in at the time skill point earned back initially - and that was why it sounded reversed to me, that's all. Kinda like if the weatherman says the chance of precipitation is 100% - then it is going to rain (if the regression rate is 100%, then the player is going to regress full amount - that's how I interpret that) But you did go on to explain what you meant by that later. No worries whatsover -- and thank you for your continued work on this utility - it is an absolute MUST HAVE tbh, and you have done a fantastic job to date.

Last edited by redwo1f; 09-21-2019 at 04:54 PM.
Old 09-21-2019, 05:28 PM   #40
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

Gonna give this a few seasons to see how league balance is affected, but so far it's going against every Madden instinct I have lol.

I usually only have about 7 or 8 players progress every time, and it seems to be the same guys. Is that intentional? Also, noticing that some of my star younger players (Kyler Murray, for example) never progress. It was kind of funny, though, because Brett Rypien has progressed about 10 points in his first season (although 5 of them came randomly in a week when I didn't run the progression engine, which I thought was weird).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC > Madden NFL Footbll PC Utilities »