Home

HISTORIC ROSTERS HERE

This is a discussion on HISTORIC ROSTERS HERE within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2005, 09:05 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
HISTORIC ROSTERS HERE

XBOX ONLY

I recently finished the 89 49ers historic rosters. Every player is named with the correct numbers, years played, and equipment. Ea gave more clues of who is who in this years madden then the past, so it was a little easier. It still took me 3 hours to make sure these are correct. I even changed some of the equipment due to the fact, that all of the same postion guys in this game have the same equipment. What I did was look at some of the pictures of the old 49ers and made the right changes, but I did not have every pic for every player.

When picking this team you should be using the following to make it more real.

OFFENSE TYPE- WEST COAST (VERY REAL TO THE OLD 49ER TEAM)
DEFENSE TYPE- 3-4

IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOU NOTICE THAT MIGHT BE WRONG OR YOU THINK SHOULD BE CHANGED. EMAIL ME OR REPLY, BUT IF YOU DO BE SURE THAT SOMETHING ISN'T RIGHT WITH THE ROSTERS.

MORE TEAMS COMING SHORTLY. LATER TONIGHT 96 PACKERS WILL BE DONE.

THIS SAVE IS FOR THE XBOX
Attached Files
File Type: zip MaddenNFL0_ExTeam89SF.zip (14.4 KB, 170 views)

Last edited by jetsfansiny79; 08-17-2005 at 04:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2005, 04:59 AM   #2
Pro

Re: HISTORIC ROSTERS HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfansiny79
XBOX ONLY

I recently finished the 89 49ers historic rosters. Every player is named with the correct numbers, years played, and equipment. Ea gave more clues of who is who in this years madden then the past, so it was a little easier. It still took me 3 hours to make sure these are correct. I even changed some of the equipment due to the fact, that all of the same postion guys in this game have the same equipment. What I did was look at some of the pictures of the old 49ers and made the right changes, but I did not have every pic for every player.

When picking this team you should be using the following to make it more real.

OFFENSE TYPE- WEST COAST (VERY REAL TO THE OLD 49ER TEAM)
DEFENSE TYPE- 3-4

IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOU NOTICE THAT MIGHT BE WRONG OR YOU THINK SHOULD BE CHANGED. EMAIL ME OR REPLY, BUT IF YOU DO BE SURE THAT SOMETHING ISN'T RIGHT WITH THE ROSTERS.

MORE TEAMS COMING SHORTLY. LATER TONIGHT 96 PACKERS WILL BE DONE.

I just finshed my second historic team today, which is the 96 Packers. This 96 Packers Rosters is accurate like the 89 49ers that I did earlier today. Correct numbers, equipment and the players years, as a pro correct till that point in time. I had some good pictures and stuff that I remembered from tha past when it came to the equipment. You will notice the back up Qb for the packers has is correct eye protector and so does gilbert brown.

SELECTING PLAYBOOKS BEFORE PLAYING THE GAME

96 PACKERS
OFFENSE TYPE- MIKE HOLMGREN (WAS THE COACH THEN)
DEFENSE TYPE- 4-3

Attached Files
File Type: zip MaddenNFL0_ExTeam96GB.zip (14.3 KB, 140 views)
Old 08-21-2005, 08:35 AM   #3
Pro

XBOX ONLY

I just finished my third historic team, which is the 97 Broncos. This 97 Broncos Rosters is accurate like the rest of the rosters I have done. Correct numbers, equipment, College's and the players years as a pro correct till that point in time. I had some good pictures and stuff that I remembered from tha past when it came to the equipment.

97 DENVER BRONCOS
OFFENSE TYPE- MIKE SHANAHAN (WAS THE COACH THEN AND STILL IS)
DEFENSE TYPE- 4-3

Attached Files
File Type: zip MaddenNFL0_ExTeam97DE.zip (14.3 KB, 130 views)
Old 08-23-2005, 05:03 AM   #4
Pro

This 01 Patriots Roster is accurate like the rest of the rosters I have done. Correct numbers, equipment, College's and the players years as a pro correct till that point in time. This team did not need any equipment changes b/c I checked madden 03 and they where pretty much the same (weird). I also notice that this team is rated more failry by EA. Not the crazy 99 ratings everywhere. I think the reason this team has more realistic ratings is that these rosters where on Madden 2002, which is on the current gen system we play now.

01 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
OFFENSE TYPE- N.E. COACH (Bill Belichick) (WAS THE COACH THEN AND STILL IS)

DEFENSE TYPE- 3-4

Attached Files
File Type: zip MaddenNFL0_ExTeam01NE.zip (14.6 KB, 119 views)
Old 08-23-2005, 10:48 AM   #5
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

OVR: 11

Glad to see everyone thanking you for your hard work.

Thanks for putting in the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2005, 11:48 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Good work on the historic rosters...I know how hard these can be to get accurate, so many a thanks! Greatly appreciated
Old 08-23-2005, 12:22 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leathaface2g
Good work on the historic rosters...I know how hard these can be to get accurate, so many a thanks! Greatly appreciated

At first nobody was posting anything on what they thought about the rosters. Now I am seeing what people think and I appreciate the feedback, which is good b/c these rosters do take awhile to do. EA should consider giving the players more reallistic ratings. Example: 89 49ers have Montana and Young at a 99 rating. That is not right b/c Young didn't play as much as Montana that year, so how could he be rated so high. Second if Young is rated at 99 in 1989, then him getting better threw the 90's won't imporive his overall rating b/c he already has a 99 rating. When it comes to the historic teams that player should be rated on how he did that year, not how he does in the future, thats why we have all-time teams.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE ON THE OTHER PAGE
Old 08-23-2005, 04:50 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

1985 chicago bears (XBOX)

i posted it earlier, and a few people grabbed it. so here it is again. not all the players are named. all starters are, but i cannot find any information on 4 backups. so maybe somebody else can.

offense type: not sure (just give ball to payton)
defense type: 4-6 (the originators right, buddy ryan)
--sorry, i don't know football that well

enjoy,

many thanks to jetsfansiny79 for the others and the ones that are probably on the way.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MaddenNFL0_ExTeam85CH.zip (14.7 KB, 92 views)

Last edited by pstraub; 08-23-2005 at 04:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »