Home

Roster Minimums

This is a discussion on Roster Minimums within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2005, 08:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 11
Icon13 Roster Minimums

Well 53 man rosters came out today and already I will have problems having 100% accurate rosters because of Madden's weird roster requirements. The Texans are only carrying 2 defense tackles, which isn't unusual for a 3-4 team. They are also carrying 3 OT's. Madden won't let you get by with either. Then there's the Cowboys. They are also carrying only 3 OT's. Not that unusual for a NFL team, but unusable in Madden. They are also only carrying 3 safties out of the box (even if 1 of them is on IR). Madden requires 4. All I want to do is play with the current set of guys on the team and not have to fill my roster with guys who were cut or free agents who aren't even with the team. Hopefully we will get some more roster flexablity with Madden Next Gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2005, 08:34 PM   #2
Let's Go Mets!!!

Nyrican127's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Roster Minimums

Most NFL teams go with 8 or 9 offensive linemen but in Madden you have to carry 10.
New York Rangers
Florida Gators
Chelsea FC
Old 09-03-2005, 09:46 PM   #3
MVP

LetsGo0akland's Arena

OVR: 13

You're gonna hve to wait for the EA update.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:47 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I just make a left over TE or FB the lineman, and release the player who is no longer on the team.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:54 PM   #5
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8

What madden should do is require minimum roster spots to the positions, then require you to carry an additional x amount of players. Something kind of like this.....
QB 3
RB 2
FB 1
TE 2
WR 4
OT 3
OG 3
C 2
DE 3
DT 2
OLB 3
MLB 2
CB 4
FS 1
SS 1
P 1
K 1
Others 10

Something like that, to where you are allowed some roster flexibility. I understand the roster minimum requirements, because you don't want people only signing 40 players because they're signing all studs with multi $million contracts. But there should be some kind of flexibility.
Possibly a better idea is to have the ability to edit your roster requirements. Perhaps you must carry 53 players, but you could edit it how you wanted. In other words, you had the ability to change the minimum OT to 3, but you had to increase another position's minimum requirement. Now that I think about it, this sounds like the best idea. This would be the ultimate flexibility!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2005, 10:03 PM   #6
MVP

LetsGo0akland's Arena

OVR: 13

Lower that QB requirement to 2 (they had a 2QB requirement on last year's game for roster files but bumped it up to 3 this year) and subtract the "Others" requirement. When you're editing rosters, sometimes a roster dips to 50 for a couple days and I would not want to have to wait for players to be signed.

46 total required, the same requirements you listed with 2 QBs, and no "others" requirement and the option to toggle injured players on and off the IR without counting against your 55 max (keep it at 55 and not 53). That's what I would love as a roster editor!
Old 09-03-2005, 11:45 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans
Well 53 man rosters came out today and already I will have problems having 100% accurate rosters because of Madden's weird roster requirements. The Texans are only carrying 2 defense tackles, which isn't unusual for a 3-4 team. They are also carrying 3 OT's. Madden won't let you get by with either. Then there's the Cowboys. They are also carrying only 3 OT's. Not that unusual for a NFL team, but unusable in Madden. They are also only carrying 3 safties out of the box (even if 1 of them is on IR). Madden requires 4. All I want to do is play with the current set of guys on the team and not have to fill my roster with guys who were cut or free agents who aren't even with the team. Hopefully we will get some more roster flexablity with Madden Next Gen.

PRACTICE SQUADS WILL FILL SOME OF THE VOIDS!!!
Old 09-04-2005, 02:48 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dond
PRACTICE SQUADS WILL FILL SOME OF THE VOIDS!!!
OK!

Are you going to guarantee this? Besides, I want my actual 53 player roster, not 51 correct players and 2 practice squad guys, 53 PLAYERS!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »