Home

position requirements "override"

This is a discussion on position requirements "override" within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2005, 09:36 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: position requirements "override"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha
I don't think this works....even though the minimum roster requirement for tackles is 4, the game still expects you to carry 2 LT's and 2 RT's. So just because you sign a 3rd RT, you still cannot touch a LT. You'd have to sign a 3rd LT inorder to release a LT. The game requires you to have 2 and 2.
excatly...all that will happen is the cpu will go and sign guys before you can start a franchise..it dosent override anthing..ea reqiures all teams carry 10 lineman one way or another most teams carry 8 or 9...until that gets addressed roser requirements will always be a bad thing that cause problems
Old 09-06-2005, 10:05 AM   #10
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXperiment63
Actually it goes by T, G, and C
You can carry 1 lt and 3 rt
same with the guards
Exactly! It doesn't matter whether you have 1 LT if you have 3 RT to cover the minimum requirements for that position which is 4. EA makes this such a pain in the you know what with rosters. Your mind can get so jumbled trying to manually fix them due to EA's dumbness. I'm not bashing EA but they need to get their rosters compared to the real NFL if they're going to by the license for the NFL. EA made some nice improvements this year with Madden in some areas but they always screw up the ROSTERS every year. I wished someone from EA knew what they were doing with these roster requirements. It's a total mess & a very aggravating experience for users trying to fix them. It won't be fixed with their upcoming update either. As for the thread topic about sigining,changing of players to get around the problems I have done something like this in the past for mostly veterans & save the CAPS for rookies & maybe 2nd year players. It helps with the issue but still I don't believe it will totally fix the problem. Once you sign say a T in ordere to release a T no longer on the roster you still have to adjust ratings for the player & change the name & to do this with all the roster problems is very time consuming.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 09-06-2005, 10:29 AM   #11
MVP

colkilla's Arena

OVR: 13

this is a great fix for non franchise guys, but in franchise the computer will require you to fill the positions before playing a game i think, but for guys like me who only play exhibition for the most part, this is sooo money!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2005, 10:32 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by colkilla
this is a great fix for non franchise guys, but in franchise the computer will require you to fill the positions before playing a game i think, but for guys like me who only play exhibition for the most part, this is sooo money!
That's what I was thinking. I really don't care about the 3rd or 4th Tackle in an exhibition game. Franchise or Season is where the second stringers really come into play through attrition.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:54 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

its good for all those who whine about perfect rosters. franchise or not. when you start a franchise, no matter what there is somebody being signed within the first few weeks, so everything changes anyways. So atleast you start off with the exact rosters....
Old 09-06-2005, 01:53 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 9

I think when Eas roster comes out we will see 2 Qbs on some rosters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »