Home

Too many rushed roster updates!

This is a discussion on Too many rushed roster updates! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2005, 08:32 AM   #1
Pro

FORMULA316's Arena

OVR: 14
Icon13 Too many rushed roster updates!

'Quick, I got to post my newest roster ver. 1.54367 2:00AM Edition Special. Amad Treaudo is on the San Fran practice squad

Rosters seem to be coming out in real-time as transactions occur in the real NFL. It’s not that I don't appreciate some of the work here but I do find the college rosters by Fairdale/Mustangs (Xbox) and Blacklover (PS2) to be really, really worthwhile. I suppose because they appear to be more thought-out, polished updates.

I just get the sense that it's more of a 'hey look at my rosters first' mentality over true quality work. And judging by the immense anticipation for the official roster update, I suspect all of these 'rushed' roster updates will drop off the front page.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2005, 08:56 AM   #2
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Too many rushed roster updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORMULA316
'Quick, I got to post my newest roster ver. 1.54367 2:00AM Edition Special. Amad Treaudo is on the San Fran practice squad

Rosters seem to be coming out in real-time as transactions occur in the real NFL. It’s not that I don't appreciate some of the work here but I do find the college rosters by Fairdale/Mustangs (Xbox) and Blacklover (PS2) to be really, really worthwhile. I suppose because they appear to be more thought-out, polished updates.

I just get the sense that it's more of a 'hey look at my rosters first' mentality over true quality work. And judging by the immense anticipation for the official roster update, I suspect all of these 'rushed' roster updates will drop off the front page.
first off you can't compare the guy's who do NCAA roster update's to the guy's who do the Madden, ofcourse the college rosters seem like there a lot more time spent on them, well duh there is more time spent on them, there a far more teams to do. Thats the only reason why it seem's like those guy;s doing the NCAA roster update's take there time. The madden update are just fine, I also think this was a bone ead thing for you to say, seeing you don't have a roster out. These guy;s who do the Madden update's do take there time and they do a great job by the way, and plaese The offical Madden update will not even come close to what half of these guy's on OS put out. So go ahead and wait for EA's offical update and then compare them to the guy's who have rosters here, and then let me know who is rushing
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 09-08-2005, 09:07 AM   #3
Rookie

minorthing's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORMULA316

I agree. I appreciate everyones hard work, but releasing a version everyday that still has old errors is pointless.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:21 AM   #4
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by minorthing
I agree. I appreciate everyones hard work, but releasing a version everyday that still has old errors is pointless.
I don't think it's pointless I just think it's a good startring point, for yourself to update the rest.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 09-08-2005, 10:12 AM   #5
Pro

FORMULA316's Arena

OVR: 14

Well the NCAA Rosters do take a lot more time but I have noticed that there is a lack of this mad, frenetic pace to get the rosters out on the college board. Again, I link that towards attention to detail and patience. I for one am eager to see the next NCAA update from Fairdale and Mustang. Mustang had an update last night but was unable to post due to a possible failure with his AR device. He asked if anyone in the Toronto area knew of a place that carried Action Replay and I offered my help.

It just seems (to me) that there is just a rush to put anything out. I mean sometimes authors put 2-3 updates in a day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2005, 10:21 AM   #6
Pro

Dienekes's Arena

OVR: 7

It is borderline ridiculous.

Note to roster makers: You can't have accurate rosters (ehich everyone is SO obsessed with) until EA does another update. You are still going to have a healthy Winslow and an IR Taylor with the Browns, Bruschi will still not be on IR, etc etc. etc.

Ea will come out with an update soon and roster makers everywhere get to start again!
Old 09-08-2005, 10:26 AM   #7
Rookie

minorthing's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
I don't think it's pointless I just think it's a good startring point, for yourself to update the rest.
I'm not going to bother with updating rosters--it takes too much work and I can wait for EA's official release.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:37 AM   #8
Banned

Bradley21's Arena

OVR: 3

No updaters will have perfect rosters. It's impossible. There's not enough room on the FA list to cut all the players, and even if there was there's not enough CAP space to create all the replacements. I've been EXTREMELY thorough with my roster and I still have about 50 players which I can't do nothing with that are still on there pre-cut teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »