Home

Naming the Classic teams roster project (PS2)

This is a discussion on Naming the Classic teams roster project (PS2) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2006, 03:07 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 14
Naming the Classic teams roster project (PS2)

I played a classic teams game earlier today, and immediately realized that I didn't know who the players were based on jersey number alone. I think having a named classic teams roster file would be superb and really add to the enjoyment of games involving classic teams.

Thus, I thought it would be a good idea to check out the potential for a project involving OS'ers that would involve a user editing a team or two and then passing the file on, etc., until all classic teams are named.

Would anyone be interested in participating in this? I would mostly be concerned with just renaming the rosters, and not necessarily changing ratings or appearance, as I don't consider myself familiar enough with the players to edit them further than their names.

Also, as a related question.. Are current and classic rosters recognized as one roster file, or are they saved and loaded independently? If they are combined into one roster file, it would be nice to use a solid (non-default) current roster so that one file could be used for both current and past games.

We would also need a roster file that had all the classic teams unlocked.

If anyone is interested in this, please post here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2006, 11:17 PM   #2
Rookie

Leftygroove's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Naming the Classic teams roster project (PS2)

With Madden, you have to edit each team individually, and then export the single team file. In other words, there is no consolidated roster file that has every team on it. To use the unlocked teams, simply download a profile that has everything unlocked.

I'm interested in naming the classic teams as well, but I have an Xbox. We may be able to help each other, though, as we need to come up with a text file that has all the real names on it (does anyone have this or know where we could get it?).

I'm also interested in fixing the ratings, but I need a formula for changing stats to ratings. I'm sure someone has created an excellent one for CAP's, so if anyone knows where I can find one, it would really help a lot.

I love the classic teams, and with this possibly being the last current gen Madden, I'd like to fix them so we can all enjoy them. I'm willing to work at it because I've yet to find them all fixed in the 4 years the option has been available.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:20 PM   #3
Rookie

Leftygroove's Arena

Wow, I just realized that I've averaged one post every year I've been a member!
Old 08-25-2006, 09:41 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 14

To make sure I am understanding this properly..

If there were 60 total classic teams in game, there would have to be 60 independent roster files made if one were to name every classic team?
Old 08-25-2006, 04:24 PM   #5
Rookie

Leftygroove's Arena

That is correct. In my opinion, that makes it easier, you know, if everyone submits teams, instead of passing around a roster file.

Of course, it makes it harder to collect them all. I guess there are positives and negatives.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2006, 10:55 AM   #6
MVP

tenth's Arena

OVR: 7

yikes, any idea how big the files are? wonder how much space that'd take up on the small ps2 memory card.
Old 08-26-2006, 06:49 PM   #7
Rookie

rlsimpson2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenth
yikes, any idea how big the files are? wonder how much space that'd take up on the small ps2 memory card.
They're not very big. If memory serves last year for Madden each individual team was like 57kb or something. Also, they do not load automatically like the regular rosters do. You have to load them each time.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:41 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimplication
To make sure I am understanding this properly..

If there were 60 total classic teams in game, there would have to be 60 independent roster files made if one were to name every classic team?
No that is not correct. You would not have 60 FULL ROSTER files. You simply have to export every team which is very small in size. Lefty, FYI there is a limitation to the number of Exported teams you can have on the Xbox HD, or at least there was with Madden 04. I think it starts to get confused after you put about 22 "edited" teams out on your drive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »