Home

X360 Create-a-Player QBs

This is a discussion on X360 Create-a-Player QBs within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2006, 09:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
X360 Create-a-Player QBs

Since I haven't really heard anything about this in a while I thought I'd ask:

Has anyone managed to create an above-average player on the 360 yet? Specifically, has anyone created a scrambling QB above 80 overall?

The best I've managed is 76, with awareness, throw power and accuracy all 75. This is despite the fact that I managed to score over 35000 points on the QB drill. (a complete fluke; 4 straight deep plays called + raiders (moss) = 4 consecutive tds)
I'm thinking that until you manage to unlock the uber-QB option, certain attributes are capped for certain types of players, i.e. a scrambling QB can never get higher awr, thac, thp ratings than 75.
Has anyone else noticed this, or should I keep wasting my life trying to create a decent player?

On a similar note, since I know I'm not the only one who likes to create a decent QB for their team (I just can't bring myself start a franchise with Rivers and Whitehurst as my options at QB... I freakin hate those guys...), I've been testing my ovr 76 created QB in practice, in case it really isn't possible to create a decent (85-90 ovr) player this year. With a player with thac and thp at 75, you can increase hum QB accuracy by 20-25 pts in order to get the same accuracy and power as a QB with thac/thp 85-90 on your default slider settings. This is for all-pro, but it should work for all-madden as well.
It'd be better to be able to have a proper create-a-player feature, but this is a pretty decent workaround for people who like to create QBs for their franchise, since it doesn't really negatively affect the game in any way I can tell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2006, 02:52 PM   #2
Commitment to Excellence

Howie75's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: X360 Create-a-Player QBs

I think you are right. The type of QB you choose to create caps the abilities in certian areas.

Ex- I have created a pocket QB that is a 95 ovr, w/ 95 thp/acc and 95 awr. NO matter what, I cannot get above 58 or 59 in speed.

I have been able to create a balanced QB with 85 thp/acc and good speed.

I really think balanced might be the way to go if you want some mobility but still throwing ability.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:13 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie75
I think you are right. The type of QB you choose to create caps the abilities in certian areas.

Ex- I have created a pocket QB that is a 95 ovr, w/ 95 thp/acc and 95 awr. NO matter what, I cannot get above 58 or 59 in speed.

I have been able to create a balanced QB with 85 thp/acc and good speed.

I really think balanced might be the way to go if you want some mobility but still throwing ability.
Creating a balance QB might be a good idea, I'll try it out later.

Problem is, I still suck at the 40 yard dash and I'm not sure a 4.7-4.8 will give me great attributes.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:22 AM   #4
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

You guys are WAY better at creating a QB than me apparently. I can pick a balanced QB..... 4.6 40yd. dash, 29 reps on the bench...but the highest i have gotten on the QB "challenge" is 16k....and he comes out at an OVR of 25 every damn time. CAP on 360 absolutely blows, imo.
Old 09-10-2006, 07:48 PM   #5
Commitment to Excellence

Howie75's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTitan
You guys are WAY better at creating a QB than me apparently. I can pick a balanced QB..... 4.6 40yd. dash, 29 reps on the bench...but the highest i have gotten on the QB "challenge" is 16k....and he comes out at an OVR of 25 every damn time. CAP on 360 absolutely blows, imo.
Hmm that is strange. When I made a balanced QB, anything over 14,500 in the challenge seems to give you 85 thp/tha/awr (which I think is the max for balanced).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2006, 03:37 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

EA really dropped the ball with this stupid idea on the create-a-player system.

Let us pick the ratings, instead of limiting it.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:43 AM   #7
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHelix
EA really dropped the ball with this stupid idea on the create-a-player system.

Let us pick the ratings, instead of limiting it.
General rule of thumb for developers - when in doubt, let the gamer edit as much as possible as easily as possible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »