Home

Do You Want Pacman and Vick in Your Rosters??

This is a discussion on Do You Want Pacman and Vick in Your Rosters?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2007, 08:36 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Do You Want Pacman and Vick in Your Rosters??

no, screw em both especially Micheal 'con' Vick
Old 08-22-2007, 10:22 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

The thing is, though, he is still a member of the Falcons. They have been instructed by the NFL to not take any action just yet. In the end, he will end up released, but he is still a suspended member of the Falcons roster which is how it is set up in the game. It is more realistic right now to leave him on the team where he is not on the depth chart and can't play, and he is still getting paid just like in real life. The only reason he should be taken off is if someone wants to use the Falcons and wants to be cheap and save the money that is contract costs. As of now, he is still a paid member of the team and he should be treated as such, no matter how dumb he is.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:58 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
The thing is, though, he is still a member of the Falcons. They have been instructed by the NFL to not take any action just yet. In the end, he will end up released, but he is still a suspended member of the Falcons roster which is how it is set up in the game. It is more realistic right now to leave him on the team where he is not on the depth chart and can't play, and he is still getting paid just like in real life. The only reason he should be taken off is if someone wants to use the Falcons and wants to be cheap and save the money that is contract costs. As of now, he is still a paid member of the team and he should be treated as such, no matter how dumb he is.
I posted in another thread to you about just this... It's not realistic to leave him in because then that takes a roster spot away from someone that's actually going to be able to play. Vick's contract may still be Atlanta's to pay, but he doesn't count as a player on the official roster. Every expert has said he's going to be gone till AT LEAST 2010 season. You could release him in the game, but then another team signs him, and that isn't realistic.

Yeah it gives extra money on the cap... but Madden isn't anywhere near accurate on the cap numbers anyway. So saying the only reason to take him off the team is so you can "be cheap and save the money" is totally missing the point. Even with a guy on IR Madden still counts the player on the 55 man roster... so that means when I go to make an accurate roster of the Atlanta Falcons, one guys going to be missing because I've got someone on there that isn't going to be playing in the NFL for at least 3 years, maybe even ever again. Shockley is injuried for the Falcons, but he'll be back next year, Vick won't. So now you've got two spots filled on the roster by guys on IR, both are QB's... and you need to go out and sign at least one more... 4 spots for QB? What happens when another player goes down on IR and you need to sign a replacement? Well you can't because you've got Vick on the roster... not realistic at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2007, 12:40 PM   #12
Rookie

DaRealChrono's Arena

OVR: 2

Ok, here's what I'm going to do with Vick.

I'm going to drop down his overall rating and release him off the roster, If people who play with Atlanta still want them for thier dynasty, they can scoop him up. Or, you could let him sit 2 years in the FA pool and try to bring him back. I feel this would be the best to do, because when Vick does come back, someone will take a chance.

I think we can all agree that Pacman and the other 2 should be in the game. I'll probably release my first roster file the night before the start of the regular season.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:19 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 18

First of all I don't use neither ATL or TEN.

I think they should be on the respective rosters because if they did not make such poor decisions they would on the roster. They did not retire nor there teams were not planning to cut them. May sound silly but I think they should stay.

It should be up to the user to use them in a game or put them last on the depth chart.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:45 PM   #14
Flyin' High

Birdman18's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASKCREW1
i def want then in...i'm not a judge so i leave it up to god to deal with then, personally i'm super sad for michael vick but at the same time he put himself in this situation, but i still don't think a person should go to jail for killing dogs "i think is cruel but not a crime"

it wasnt just about him killing dogs.. he was ILLEGALLY gambling thousands and thousands of dollars on this.. and not to mention the way the dogs were killed, are ya kiddin me???? they should throw the book at him. with his public persona and popularity, this should be a wakeup call to everyone who does this ****...

i think personally, you should take him off completely.. thats what i did with mine... with tank johnson i just left him on the free agents..no one has signed him yet and i'm in the 12th week of my franchise.. pacman, i would just burry him on the depth chart. when the cpu overhauls its rosters in the offseason, it should either put him back as the starter, or his moral will be all the way low and he will either leave in a trade or wont resign

Last edited by Birdman18; 08-23-2007 at 06:47 PM.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:21 PM   #15
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

I'd definetely want Pacman Jones back in the game. He'll be back next year barring another legal incident.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2007, 08:42 PM   #16
Rookie

DaRealChrono's Arena

OVR: 2

Well, I was going to edit Vick's stats down. But now that I realize that the arms get inflated I'm not so sure. So do you guys prefer big arms on Vick over keeping his ratings?

Also, I'm not going to be changing numbers on my rosters due to the same issues. Hopefully EA patches this and I can overhaul this stuff, but until then it's mostly out of my control.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »