Home

NEW rosters are out NOW!!!

This is a discussion on NEW rosters are out NOW!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2007, 02:51 PM   #57
Pro

cactusruss's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NEW rosters are out NOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsniperfireM
NO offense but people still play non next gen systems lol
yes, the people who like quality gameplay more than pretty graphics still play old gen madden.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:51 PM   #58
D*st*ny

HiJumpr111's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17
For the x360, where do you download the update? When I started the game it didn't ask me to download anything...

After Madden Starts...
Go to ONLINE
CREATE SESION
Then you will see an option to download rosters. Do so and then
END SESSION

Last edited by HiJumpr111; 09-08-2007 at 09:34 AM.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:56 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: New rosters out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
Rossum is in the FA, he's at the bottom of the list of CBs. Few things on the Steelers roster I was a little disappointed with.
They're idiots. Rossum was traded, not released. Clearly some EA Lackey wanted to go home early

Quote:
Carey Davis is the starting FB on the team but he's a HB in the game. His blocking ratings aren't all that great and since you can't manually change their positions, this kind of stinks.
Carey Davis is listed as the back-up FB on the team behind Krieder. Edit him to up his blocking ratings and throw him on the depth chart at FB.

Quote:
Also, no Darnell Stapleton or Marquis Cooper.
Fools. Stapleton is a must, they're already lacking on the Offensive Line, which means they have some other non-roster player occupying space, because Stapleton is a Centre and Kemoeatu is occupying back-up LG and RG. Add this up and it means 9 line-man on the REAL Steelers roster. Madden minimum is 10. Two players are on the roster that shouldn't be...probably another Centre and a Guard. Possibly Okobi.

Cooper not on the roster is no excuse. Steelers play 3-4 D and without cooper they have 8 Linebackers. That would never happen.

Quote:
Lastly, I can't stand that Willie Colon is rated 13 points less than the Max Starks despite the fact that he's been starting most of the preseason. Either they should have lowered Starks ratings or upped Colons.

All these points are minor in the long run though. I'm just glad to see they added Russel and Davis to be honest. I'll take what I can get. My guess if that if Davis continues to be the starting FB, then they'll change his blocking ratings and make him a FB in the game and they'll change the Colon/Starks thing all in the next update.
I'll look into Colon and Starks.

Right now my main concern is the O-Line players on/off the team and Davis/Russell.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:01 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 11
Angry Re: NEW rosters are out NOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsniperfireM
NO offense but people still play non next gen systems lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusruss
yes, the people who like quality gameplay more than pretty graphics still play old gen madden.
I don't know why they did this but after not getting rosters on the 6th like a few sites reported and now seeing an update on all systems but the PS2 kinda miffs me. Guess we're being punished for not dropping $500 on next gen system. Too bad because many would agree that the PS2 version is the most polished.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:04 PM   #61
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans
I don't know why they did this but after not getting rosters on the 6th like a few sites reported and now seeing an update on all systems but the PS2 kinda miffs me. Guess we're being punished for not dropping $500 on next gen system. Too bad because many would agree that the PS2 version is the most polished.
It ought to be, EA has been polishing it since 2000.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2007, 03:06 PM   #62
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

Well I tried just increasing Carey Davis' blocking skills just a little bit to make him an average blocker by FB standards in the game (most of his blocking ratings in the sixties) and when I changed him to FB he was rated like 98, just a bit too high...LOL. Either he'll be the best FB in football this year, or you just can't increase his blocking. BTW, just placing him at FB without any rating changes makes him an 86 rated FB, which is about right.

I think what I'm going to do is do a CAP with Davis and just copy every one of EAs ratings and info on him but instead make him a FB. That will allow me to still run FB blocking drills in the training mode to increase his blocking that way.

As for the Oline, the two Olinemen that are still on the Steelers roster in Madden who aren't on the active roster are Marvin Phillip (C) and Cameron Stephenson (RG), both of which are on the practice squad, so I suppose this is ok.

I'm not real sure why Marquis Cooper isn't in the game. He's in his 4th season in the league. Strange...
Old 09-07-2007, 03:21 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 5

The best suggestion for those who would like to upgrade, is to search for a deal, buy used, buy refurbished, or buy broken and fix it yourself.

None of that is likely to be done with the PS3 since getting a decent deal for one appears to be pretty tough. But for 360, eBay is your friend. That's how I got mine. My entire setup with HD (which I got a deal for on eBay, too) cost less than $150. You just gotta be patient and make an effort to keep ducking your head into the auctions and keeping an eye out, consistently.

On a similar note, my brother just dumped his PS3 for a Premium 360 that was actually brand new; someone apparently stole it and sold it to Gamestop and I guess GS wasn't caring enough to ask questions (?). He also got 3 games with it, including Madden. Aside from the side-by-side we did comparing my 360 Madden to his PS3 version, he seemed to like the way online/rosters were handled with the 360 version and I suppose that sold him.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:32 PM   #64
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans
I dropped that on a 360 but took the Madden version back for a PS2 one because it was so crappy. I'm thinking I'm not alone in people who have done that.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »