Home

EA Opening Day Rosters PS2 (JUST IN CASE)

This is a discussion on EA Opening Day Rosters PS2 (JUST IN CASE) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2007, 03:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
EA Opening Day Rosters PS2 (JUST IN CASE)

I have this funny feeling their not releasing an update for last gen. Anyone planning on having updated rosters based off of the Aug 16 Update?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2007, 04:07 PM   #2
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: EA Opening Day Rosters PS2 (JUST IN CASE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockman
I have this funny feeling their not releasing an update for last gen. Anyone planning on having updated rosters based off of the Aug 16 Update?
Taken directly from EA Sports Madden site: http://www.easports.com/maddennfl/ne...available.aspx

I guess the ps2 users are special, aren't we? Coming days & not day? Geez! EA is at it again! Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 09-07-2007, 04:22 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
Taken directly from EA Sports Madden site: http://www.easports.com/maddennfl/ne...available.aspx

I guess the ps2 users are special, aren't we? Coming days & not day? Geez! EA is at it again! Thanks!

Okay, gonna update my Aug update and hopefully I'll be done before EA so I can start my franchise already.

Thanks for the update.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:25 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

Yeah thats pretty sad but.....I would rather wait a couple of days than to have a game full of glitches and flaws, a.k.a next gen.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:26 PM   #5
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans
Okay, gonna update my Aug update and hopefully I'll be done before EA so I can start my franchise already.

Thanks for the update.
Yeah! Ea might have them ready by the Super Bowl or next season!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2007, 10:18 PM   #6
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockman
Yeah thats pretty sad but.....I would rather wait a couple of days than to have a game full of glitches and flaws, a.k.a next gen.
I know all about the sorry Madden product for the PS3. I have both systems & the ps2 Madden 08 is way better in gameplay & overall rating than on the PS3. However, there is no excuse for this delay when we have rosters for the 360 & PS3. I can guarantee that the rosters will not be much better/different than the next gen rosters.

I have already taken the roster update from August 16th & updated 15 teams to good accuracy but I've about went as far as I can without a lot of missing players. I don't care about EA including LS in the rosters because they aren't as important as other positions. However, they are important on every team. Why EA Sports can't add this position to the game is beyond me. Every team has a LS(Long Snapper) so obviously these players are important. If they wasn't then every team would use a regular position guy to do the long snapping.

What EA Sports problem is that they can't even get the roster right without including the LS position. I mean they can't get players in the game that start or have been on teams for a while. They can't add players to teams that were cut/released & picked up by other teams. I could understand possibly not getting a lot of 3rd string position players into the rosters but to exclude some starters & 2nd string players is ridiculous. I mean we have each teams rosters right there readily available to see on the web. It's just really ashame to see this type stuff continue from EA Sports. They make tons of $ from us buying the game but can't keep up with our demands. It's truly a disgrace to see. Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 09-07-2007, 10:45 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
I know all about the sorry Madden product for the PS3. I have both systems & the ps2 Madden 08 is way better in gameplay & overall rating than on the PS3. However, there is no excuse for this delay when we have rosters for the 360 & PS3. I can guarantee that the rosters will not be much better/different than the next gen rosters.

I have already taken the roster update from August 16th & updated 15 teams to good accuracy but I've about went as far as I can without a lot of missing players. I don't care about EA including LS in the rosters because they aren't as important as other positions. However, they are important on every team. Why EA Sports can't add this position to the game is beyond me. Every team has a LS(Long Snapper) so obviously these players are important. If they wasn't then every team would use a regular position guy to do the long snapping.

What EA Sports problem is that they can't even get the roster right without including the LS position. I mean they can't get players in the game that start or have been on teams for a while. They can't add players to teams that were cut/released & picked up by other teams. I could understand possibly not getting a lot of 3rd string position players into the rosters but to exclude some starters & 2nd string players is ridiculous. I mean we have each teams rosters right there readily available to see on the web. It's just really ashame to see this type stuff continue from EA Sports. They make tons of $ from us buying the game but can't keep up with our demands. It's truly a disgrace to see. Thanks!
Amen! Hopefully these ps2 rosters are out very soon! This is ridiculous.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:14 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 11

Quote:
I don't care about EA including LS in the rosters because they aren't as important as other positions. However, they are important on every team. Why EA Sports can't add this position to the game is beyond me. Every team has a LS(Long Snapper) so obviously these players are important. If they wasn't then every team would use a regular position guy to do the long snapping.
Exactly. Why even put the position on the depth chart if you are going to incorporate those players into the game? Bryan Pittman for instance has been the Texans long snapper since the teams first season in 2002 but has never ever been in Madden. Sad. If it's in the game it's in the game right?

Another major issue to look over is roster requirements. Positions should be grouped on the breakdown. For instance OT, OG, and C should consist of the OL group and you should be required to carry 9 in that group (which is common in the NFL) instead of the 10 which are required now. Also, roster requirement should vary according to the schemes your teams run. Most teams that run a 3-4 defense seem to only carry 2 DT's and about 4 or so MLB's these days. Something else that needs to be fixed. I could get into more but I don't have much more time to type right now. Regardless I think we can all agree Madden is a great game but has the potential to be much, much more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »