Home

Editing player positions

This is a discussion on Editing player positions within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2007, 09:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Editing player positions

PS3...can't seem to edit a player's position inside or outside of franchise...is this possible to do? I mean, its kinda dumb if not included.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2007, 10:31 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Editing player positions

Quote:
Originally Posted by debauchlord
PS3...can't seem to edit a player's position inside or outside of franchise...is this possible to do? I mean, its kinda dumb if not included.

No you can't. Not in the 360 version either. Just another example of the stupidity and laziness of EA.
Apparently, they didn't want cheezers online putting WR's at TE or CB's at DE for example.
What they didn't realise is that it would totally screw up franchise mode for people. When my starting left guard got placed on injured reserve, I couldn't just move one of my 5 offensive tackles over to guard. No, I had to sign a free agent guard. And in order to do so, i had to cut another player from my team, because EA forgot to make it so that a player placed on injured reserve, would free up a roster spot, like it is in the real NFL.
"If it's in the game..." my a$$
Old 09-18-2007, 12:41 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevdawg0909
No you can't. Not in the 360 version either. Just another example of the stupidity and laziness of EA.
Apparently, they didn't want cheezers online putting WR's at TE or CB's at DE for example.
What they didn't realise is that it would totally screw up franchise mode for people. When my starting left guard got placed on injured reserve, I couldn't just move one of my 5 offensive tackles over to guard. No, I had to sign a free agent guard. And in order to do so, i had to cut another player from my team, because EA forgot to make it so that a player placed on injured reserve, would free up a roster spot, like it is in the real NFL.
"If it's in the game..." my a$$
Is the online component THAT important that it screws up franchise for everyone else? I mean, do they sell more or less copies since initiating it? And I still see that there are no online franchises...
Old 09-18-2007, 06:56 AM   #4
Rookie

AlleyViper's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevdawg0909
because EA forgot to make it so that a player placed on injured reserve, would free up a roster spot, like it is in the real NFL.
Unfortunately Madden's always been this way for as long as I've been playing ('02)
Old 09-18-2007, 04:51 PM   #5
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Some previous Maddens on the older systems PS2 Xbox used to let you edit the position of the player under edit player. There was also a time that you could put a CB in the WR spot in the Depth Chart (might be able to do that now, I am not sure about that one). I used to put Deion Sanders at WR in the Depth Chart. There were some years you couldn't do this, and then a couple of years that you could.

Its like I said about EA and Madden in the past: 2 steps forward 2 steps back . This should be their motto, not "if its in the game its in the game"

Overall, I do like EA games, but in the last 5 or so years the competition started making better games (Sega, 2K, Hight Heat Franchise (except for graphics (yuck)). It tightened up their ship a little until they got the exclusive deal for the NFL. I also think this hurt MLB games when 2K got exclusive rights (except for on Sony systems with MLB 0x). They really screwed up a few of those baseball games which needed a big time patch (MLB 2K6 or 7 for 360).

This year I really like the NCAA and Madden games except for the stupid uncontrollable turnovers. I have found that keeping your players fresh helps with this, and lowering slider INTs but a patch would really make these games great. I used to work for Stormfront Studios on the Tony LaRussa series for the PC, and we used to have bugs that went out the door, but we issued patches. Back in those days, (early 90's), not everyone had patches, so we would mail them a disk! EA should have a team just for quality control they are so big.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »