Home

Xx 74 xX's "Rule of 77" Franchise Roster/Slider Set

This is a discussion on Xx 74 xX's "Rule of 77" Franchise Roster/Slider Set within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2007, 11:14 PM   #9
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Xx 74 xX's "Rule of 77" Franchise Roster/Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbartlett_32
360 or PS3? I have a PS3, but if they are for the 360 i still have to say excellent work. It takes alot of time and effort to go through and reprogram EA's lack luster work.
Thanks!

It's for the 360.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:55 AM   #10
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

I agree with you about using 1 instead of 0. I just recently discovered that myself after using 0 and seeing strange stuff. I was getting better results on numbers greater than 0 like 5 or 10. I will have to try 1 and your sliders. I definitely don't think INT at 0 works. I have seen just as many if not strange miraculous INTs on slants. In fact, I have seen less of this with INT at default 50. Go figure. 1 may be the way to go.
In the past they had qb awareness low on some players, but the programming this year was bad, so I think you may be on to something here.
I may be crazy, but I have set the penalty slider of for offsides to 0, and it seems to be helping with the CPU INTs as well. This may be due to the fact that my computer d linemen aren't getting as good of a jump on the CPU QB therefore causing him to make a quick stupid pass. NJpapis sliders had this setting, and I noticed a bit of a difference. It may just be random luck so far though.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:53 PM   #11
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUrsus
I agree with you about using 1 instead of 0. I just recently discovered that myself after using 0 and seeing strange stuff. I was getting better results on numbers greater than 0 like 5 or 10. I will have to try 1 and your sliders. I definitely don't think INT at 0 works. I have seen just as many if not strange miraculous INTs on slants. In fact, I have seen less of this with INT at default 50. Go figure. 1 may be the way to go.
In the past they had qb awareness low on some players, but the programming this year was bad, so I think you may be on to something here.
I may be crazy, but I have set the penalty slider of for offsides to 0, and it seems to be helping with the CPU INTs as well. This may be due to the fact that my computer d linemen aren't getting as good of a jump on the CPU QB therefore causing him to make a quick stupid pass. NJpapis sliders had this setting, and I noticed a bit of a difference. It may just be random luck so far though.
I hear you..........some things you find within this game are mind boggling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2007, 09:01 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 6

How are these sliders just by themselves, without the ratings edits?

Also, when I go to 1 on Awareness and Interceptions, the slider bar is actually filled up to like, 60, visually, even though it says "1". This is clearly a glitch, but I'm verifying it does this on your game too.

Thanks

EDIT:
You say the problem with the game is not player ratings (other than QB AWR) and that the problem is the programming. So what, you're saying the sliders affect/fix the programming?

I just went in to practice mode and tested INT slider at 1, 0, 100, and 99. I literally didn't see any difference in the amount of interceptions on any setting.

Last edited by ninjamonkey; 10-06-2007 at 09:18 PM.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:53 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Can you edit players in franchise?
Old 10-07-2007, 12:13 AM   #14
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidraindrops08
Can you edit players in franchise?
No.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:16 AM   #15
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamonkey
How are these sliders just by themselves, without the ratings edits?

Also, when I go to 1 on Awareness and Interceptions, the slider bar is actually filled up to like, 60, visually, even though it says "1". This is clearly a glitch, but I'm verifying it does this on your game too.

Thanks

EDIT:
You say the problem with the game is not player ratings (other than QB AWR) and that the problem is the programming. So what, you're saying the sliders affect/fix the programming?

I just went in to practice mode and tested INT slider at 1, 0, 100, and 99. I literally didn't see any difference in the amount of interceptions on any setting.
- Quite frankly, there isn't a slider set out there that plays well, IF you have QB's that play like 10 year olds in a sandlot.

- Haven't seen the 'slider glitch' problem you're seeing, sorry.

- Realistically speaking, the rosters/sliders make the game a little more tolerable, they aren't a fix all. That said, since i've implemented these two facets, my enjoyment level has increased two-fold. Keep in mind, it isn't the AMOUNT of INT's, it's HOW they come about, when they happen, which is ALOT less frequent.

The problem with sharing something like this is some folks might not see the same difference consistently as others. Myself, I could not be any happier with the way the game plays currently.

Last edited by Xx 74 xX; 10-07-2007 at 12:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2007, 12:22 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 6

I just played until halftime in a game, with the sliders you posted. i didn't use your edits.

There were 3 INTs by me, and 3 by the CPU. All were legit. I wish there was a way to reduce INTs in general, b/c even if they are legit, too many is too many.

You don't see the slider glitch? I forget, this is 360 right? Start a game, then go into your gameplay settings. Are the Awr, Knockdowns, and INT sliders really at the 1 position, or does it say 1, while visually the bar is filled up half way?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »