Home

Xx 74 xX's "Rule of 77" Franchise Roster/Slider Set - POST Trade Deadline (X360)

This is a discussion on Xx 74 xX's "Rule of 77" Franchise Roster/Slider Set - POST Trade Deadline (X360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2007, 11:44 PM   #1
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

OVR: 11
Xx 74 xX's "Rule of 77" Franchise Roster/Slider Set - POST Trade Deadline (X360)

I'll be posting the roster either tonight or tomorrow.........if you followed my original set, you know what to expect.

Roster Updates:
  • 'Big Arms' Fixed (Except F.A.'s)
  • Koren Robinson created (based on Madden '07) and placed on the Packers
  • Michael Bennett traded to Tampa Bay
  • Chris Chambers traded to San Diego
  • Kevin Everett removed from Depth Chart (Out of respect)

Last edited by Xx 74 xX; 10-18-2007 at 03:24 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2007, 01:52 AM   #2
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

Re: Xx 74 xX's "Rule of 77" Franchise Roster/Slider Set - POST Trade Deadline (X360)

V1: Most players with the 'Big Arm' glitch fixed
V1 - Compressed File
V1 - z36 File ONLY

V2: All players with the 'Big Arm' glitch fixed
V2 - Compressed File
V2 - z36 File ONLY

Instructions for Roster file:
  • Download Roster to you CPU
  • Unzip Roster File - Move .z36 to X360 Memcard Images Folder - My Documents>X360 Memcard Images
  • Copy Roster File to Memcard
  • Start X360 (No game disk) - Place Memcard in slot
  • Go to 'System' Blade - Click on 'Memory'
  • Choose 'Memory Unit'
  • 'Move' Madden Profile to the Hard Drive
  • Go to 'Main Blade' by pressing the Blade on your controller
  • Press 'X' button to 'sign out' of your profile
  • Sign in to the 'Madden' Profile
  • 'Move' or ' Copy' Roster File to Hard Drive
  • Start Madden '08
  • Load Roster File (Might be loaded already)
  • Sign out of 'Madden' Profile
  • Sign in to YOUR Profile
  • Save Roster (Re-name it to your liking)
  • Roster File is not attached to YOUR Profile

First and foremost, if you've seen my "Sim Stats Solution" thread, i've poured an INSANE amount of hours testing, replaying, etc. to finally say this roster should greatly increase your Madden '08 experience!

I'm including a slider set that should be used with the roster. Together, it's saved my friends, and my own Madden experience.

Roster:

This roster is based off of EA's first roster update (Opening Day), and follows the "Rule of 77". This rule applies to NFL Starting/Backup QB's. The main reason for BAD QB throws/play is the ridiculous AWR ratings EA gave to these players. Basically, they made most QB's in this game absolute idiots. This roster addresses that issue in that now most QB's have the 'foundation' to play smart/er.

Q: Why the "Rule of 77"?

A: Quite frankly, ANY QB that plays in the NFL has "some" decision making ability. The high end of the spectrum would be Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. The low end would be most any young QB, and Rex Grossman. :P

"77" is the magic number as it relates to a QB's light bulb/smarts. ANYTHING under 77, the QB mine as well be playing at the local Elementary School. So even at the lowest rating of 77, a QB does have the abilty, albiet a smaller level, to make read, and mostly make good decisions. While the you'll see a light bulb as part of most QB's "Weapons" listing, the level of that weapon is determined by the rating - So 77 being the lowest "skill", and 100 being un-godly.

You'll notice with this roster that all QB's will have a different level light bulb. Most QB's have been assigned an AWR rating of at least 77, or more. For inquiring minds, you'll see a HUGE difference between the top and bottom of this aspect.

You'll also notice that FA's that will most likely NEVER play in the NFL have been rated down, so they won't be signed in the off-season over a better/equal/drafted player. You should them go bye-bye in the off-season.

I've even went as far as to increase any player with an AWR rating of under 50 to at least 50. Thru all of my research, it's VERY obvious that the lazy tools at EA adjusted Player Ratings by lowering AWR to 'moron' levels. The only players you'll see with an AWR rating of less than 50, will be the aformentioned FA's.

Lastly, in regards to Marvin Harrison. Marvin has a few years left in the NFL, so due to the fact he'll retire after your first season in your franchise, I created a 'younger' Marvin that will allow him to play 2-4 more years.

As usual, i'll say that YOUR experience may not be the same, so PLEASE keep that in mind.

Enjoy!

Sliders:

I use a slighty modified version of Squint's/TJ's All-Pro Slider set. This set saved me from returning Madden '08.

Human/CPU

Difficulty: All Pro
Quarter Length: 12 Minute Quarters
Weapons: On

(Human/CPU)

Offense

QB Accuracy: 54/70
Pass Blocking: 56/54
WR Catching: 4/4
RB Ability: 48/61
Run Blocking: 46/59

Defense

Awareness: 0/0
Knockdowns: 0/0
Interceptions: 0/0
Break Block: 41/52
Tackling: 44/55

Special Teams

FG Power: 15/47
FG Accuracy: 0/32
Punt Power: 33/39
Punt Accuracy: 42/100
Kickoff Power: 15/16 (Janikowski is my kicker, so I had to decrease HUM power, you may not have to)

Penalties

Offsides: 83
False Start: 83
Holding: 100
Facemask: 100
Offensive PI: 100
Defensive PI: 90
KR/PR Interference: 100
Clipping: 50
INT Grounding: 100
Roughing Passer: 100
Roughing Kicker: 100

Sub Out/In

QB: 68/85
HB :95/100
WR: 95/100
FB & TE: 88/95
OL: 70/85

DE: 85/94
DT: 85/94
LB: 85/94
CB: 83/92
S: 83/92

Thanks to Squint and TJ for creating the foundation for this slider set!

Here's a few questions I thought I would answer ahead of time, i'm sure there will be more:

Q: Can I complete a long pass on the CPU?

A: Yes - It's more advantagous to create mismatches. For example, in my last game, I matched up Mike Williams (6"4") on Dre Bly (5' 9"). After Max-Protecting, Denver helped me out by coming out in a 4-6 Cover 1 defense. To say I was licking my chops would be a HUGE understatement! Sure enough, my protection was fantastic as I was able to pump fake the FS, and deliver a lofted bomb over then outstretched hands of Bly, and into Williams' hands IN STRIDE for a TD.

Q: Will the CPU QB still make dumb decisions?

A: To put it simple, at some points you'll be HOPING for the mistake so you can get the ball back! You'll have to experience this yourself thru SEVERAL FULL GAMES to get a feel for what these rosters/sliders do.

Q: With DEF AWR at ZERO, do the CPU players play like tools?

A: ABSOLUTELY NOT! - Defenders react in a REALISTIC manner in all aspects of run/pass. For example, when a WR runs a pattern, most of the time there's a slight pause to the defenders reaction to the cut, which allows for proper spacing. That said, the BEST DB's in the game, while still 'pausing' will be tough to throw on, but for sure doable.

Q: With WR CTH at FOUR, will ALL players attempting to catch a ball consistently drop the ball?

A: ABSOLUTELY NOT! - The balance of drops/catches is REALISTIC! This facet makes me smile REAL BIG!

Q: With the INT/KDWN slider at ZERO, will defenders ever defend?

A: Yes - I can say that in the TON of games i've played, the INT's made on the CPU's side are balls that are thrown at a defender that is literally staring at the QB to see where he's going with the ball.

For instance, the QB tries to throw a Slant or Post while a defender is sitting back in ZONE, STARING at the QB. The defender in most cases will make a play on the ball, BUT, they might drop it. , or they might not.

For the stat enthusiasts out there:

Sim Games Guideline:

There are a few ways to sim the games you don't play to get realistic season stats, team and player:

- Use my "Sim Stats Solution" process (Control ALL 32 Teams - it can be overwhelming for some who don't have the time)

- Super Sim games on 4 min QTRS (also, time consuming)

- Super Sim ONE or TWO weeks of the season on ONE min QTRS - Personally, i've opted to do ONE week

One last note, I did make some player rating adjustments to some players, the important thing to know is that I DID NOT blindly adjust ratings, but rather still having a copy of Madden '07, I took note of each player I felt got ****ed by EA (NO SURPRISE) and determined whether or not that player was worthy of a higher rating based on his play from this season, so far. You may, or may not agree, so feel free to change a player's rating as you feel. Make sure you do this BEFORE starting a franchise!

All in all, I hope this makes you enjoy a game that by some adjustments here and there really does play well!

Last edited by Xx 74 xX; 10-20-2007 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Added Instructions for using Roster File
Old 10-18-2007, 03:56 AM   #3
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

Re: Xx 74 xX's "Rule of 77" Franchise Roster/Slider Set - POST Trade Deadline (X360)

Couple notes regarding JaMarcus Russell:
  • He should be on the Raiders roster - please let me know if he isn't
  • If you use the Raiders - Release him prior to starting your franchise - after you start the franchise, BEFORE you start the preseason - sign him as a F.A. to a 6 yr 75M contract with a 15M signing bonus - It's the only way to mirror his real life dollar amount
Old 10-18-2007, 09:05 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

xx74xx
in your roster file upload here there is also the profile that is needed for us all to be able to put the file into our xbox360 associated to our own profile?
Old 10-18-2007, 10:26 AM   #5
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

Yes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2007, 10:33 AM   #6
MVP

Dear xx74xx
thanks a lot!
Another thing, Hotshot has post the following:

"Ok guys I am kind of tired of seeing the same ol threads with madden. It is always FUMBLES, INTS, Eyes in back the heads DB/LB, and DUMB CPU QB.

I want to give just some general fixes to not COMPLETELY fix those problems but greatly help them.

CPU Awarness - For ALL-MADDEN drop to 10 or lower. This will give more openings for the passing game. Also loosen up the running game a tad.

CPU Knockdowns and INTS - Drop this to 0. This will further help in the passing game.

CPU Run blocking - Put at 100 this will help longer drives by the CPU and give them more of a running game which is needed. This help on all those long 3rd downs that result in INTS.

HUM Awarness - Drop also to 10 or lower. This will result in less stupid ints from the CPU QB. This will lower scores, increase drives lengths, and tone down turnovers.

HUM Run blocking - Put at 0 and you should see more realistic running numbers and less 150+ yard games with less than steller backs.

Now for the fumbles. There are two options.
  • Turn off Fatigue - This will help fumbles alot. But you won't get realistic backup numbers
  • Put Sub ratios at RB Out 99, RB In 100 - This will give better results than default.
I know these are some sliders options to improve game. I placed them in this section because this section gets flooded with these same complaints and this can at least guide you in the right direction. It is not a SLIDER SET but are some basic ideas surrounding the problems that the default game has."

I wanna ask you what do you think about it, do you think this suggestions can be put into your general sliders?????
Old 10-18-2007, 10:55 AM   #7
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bascape666
Dear xx74xx
thanks a lot!
Another thing, Hotshot has post the following:

"Ok guys I am kind of tired of seeing the same ol threads with madden. It is always FUMBLES, INTS, Eyes in back the heads DB/LB, and DUMB CPU QB.

I want to give just some general fixes to not COMPLETELY fix those problems but greatly help them.

CPU Awarness - For ALL-MADDEN drop to 10 or lower. This will give more openings for the passing game. Also loosen up the running game a tad.

CPU Knockdowns and INTS - Drop this to 0. This will further help in the passing game.

CPU Run blocking - Put at 100 this will help longer drives by the CPU and give them more of a running game which is needed. This help on all those long 3rd downs that result in INTS.

HUM Awarness - Drop also to 10 or lower. This will result in less stupid ints from the CPU QB. This will lower scores, increase drives lengths, and tone down turnovers.

HUM Run blocking - Put at 0 and you should see more realistic running numbers and less 150+ yard games with less than steller backs.

Now for the fumbles. There are two options.
  • Turn off Fatigue - This will help fumbles alot. But you won't get realistic backup numbers
  • Put Sub ratios at RB Out 99, RB In 100 - This will give better results than default.
I know these are some sliders options to improve game. I placed them in this section because this section gets flooded with these same complaints and this can at least guide you in the right direction. It is not a SLIDER SET but are some basic ideas surrounding the problems that the default game has."

I wanna ask you what do you think about it, do you think this suggestions can be put into your general sliders?????
That is some general fixes for maddens rosters. Now if he has fixed QB awarness and some other areas then these might not apply as much so as the madden rosters.

I think you can test it out and see what you think. Madden has a problem with DB's reading the pass you are throwing the instant you press the button for which ever WR. Now dropping the awarness to almost zero helps give that split second delay for them reading it. It helps out alot in making passes on timing routes and such like curls, outs, hitchs, ect.

Give them a shot and give 74 some feed back with them. you never know. I also can't answer the best either because I am not sure which ratings have been changed so that will affect where your sliders will be.

later guys
Hotshot
Old 10-18-2007, 11:23 AM   #8
MVP

I wait an answer from xx74xx!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »