Home

EA to Release Updated Rosters for Madden NFL 09

This is a discussion on EA to Release Updated Rosters for Madden NFL 09 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2008, 11:04 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: EA to Release Updated Rosters for Madden NFL 09

the roster update is pretty dumb. it pretty much made the big moves, (favre to the jets, shockey to the saints, taylor to the redskins). coming from a panthers fan, this is my gripe with it. rhys lloyd, who will be the panthers KOS, is listed in FA, same with Nick Goings and Travis Taylor. All 3 of those players played in the first preseason game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 01:33 AM   #42
Lurker

bjf1377's Arena

OVR: 41

While I enjoy the fact they're gonna do some pretty frequent updates, what's with some of the moves? Why put Ken Dorsey Brett Ratliff on the Free Agent list? Its not like they ran out of room on the Browns roster and had to release someone and picked Dorsey. Its just silly. I can only imagine how it may be with some other positions

The only real reason I can see behind it is maybe cause of Superstar mode maybe? I dunno. But if you can't figure out why a player is missing from your favorite team, check the FA pool

EDIT: And I understand the reasoning with some of the rookies as they are 6th & 7th round picks. But hopefully the stuff with guys like Ken Dorsey won't be going on when the regular season rosters roll around

Last edited by bjf1377; 08-13-2008 at 01:46 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:28 AM   #43
MVP

CWSpalehoseCWS's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf1377
While I enjoy the fact they're gonna do some pretty frequent updates, what's with some of the moves? Why put Ken Dorsey Brett Ratliff on the Free Agent list? Its not like they ran out of room on the Browns roster and had to release someone and picked Dorsey. Its just silly. I can only imagine how it may be with some other positions

The only real reason I can see behind it is maybe cause of Superstar mode maybe? I dunno. But if you can't figure out why a player is missing from your favorite team, check the FA pool

EDIT: And I understand the reasoning with some of the rookies as they are 6th & 7th round picks. But hopefully the stuff with guys like Ken Dorsey won't be going on when the regular season rosters roll around
I wouldn't worry to much. It's still preseason, and half the guys on the rosters will be on practice squad, etc. There are 4 players that should be on the Bears that are in the FA pool, and only 2 of them are really worth adding as they have been talked about in various team reports. Once the season starts hopefully it'll be a little bit easier to fix the rosters. Although, can't say the position requirements will help any... I wish they would just get rid of those...
Old 08-13-2008, 12:51 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

Does anyone know if Tony McDaniel (jaguars DT) is in the game in the update?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »