Home

Since I edit everything for realism....

This is a discussion on Since I edit everything for realism.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2008, 12:26 AM   #17
Rookie

ryby6969's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Since I edit everything for realism....

Why would you edit them now? You don't even know how good they are going to do. Maybe I'm missing something here but this idea sounds stupid. Edit them to compensate for progression you don't even know will happen? Or, are you just going to edit people that you THINK will do good? That's still pretty lame

I suppose there really isn't much you can do at this point.. I HATE EA.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:27 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceothachosen1
devin thomas clear visor

OKay, are you a Redskin fan?? If so, what do you think his overall would be say in 2010 or 2011? I would tend to think given his situation he would be around a 88-90 tops. THats what I would edit him to. And of coarse fix his equipment.

So, for anyone out there that has a favorite team I would gladly give you creative control over your team and let you do the edits. And set it up like I have on the first page and then people could do it by hand or we could maybe send it some where to someone who has the ability to put them altogether and then we cojld distribute them to anyone who wants one.

Its up to you guys if you want to this.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:30 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryby6969
Why would you edit them now? You don't even know how good they are going to do. Maybe I'm missing something here but this idea sounds stupid. Edit them to compensate for progression you don't even know will happen? Or, are you just going to edit people that you THINK will do good? That's still pretty lame

THere is really nothing we can do. Not make anyone crazy good. But can you see McFadden at his rating for ever? Or Devin Thomas. There is really no way around this. I'm not gonna edit 5th-7th round guys, just high profile guys, impact guys that fans see from their favorite team, etc. If there is a better way, I'm all for it. I see Jake Long being a 94 or 95 overall in a few years, thats the kind of thing I'm talking about. What else can we do?
Old 08-15-2008, 12:35 AM   #20
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryby6969

Ony 5-6 WR's progressed in the 5 seasons I simmed. If you don't amp some of them up, by year 7-8 all the top guys are retired and the leagues teams are all filled with scrubs.

It's a lot of work, I may not bother. Civilization Revolution is more fun than Madden right now.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:33 PM   #21
Rookie

I know what you mean, been playin the hell out of COD4 these past few days, but something feels missing. Like I should be playin Madden. Since I've been struggling with Search and Destroy in COD I'm going to be a fulltime Madden for the next few days. I need some time off COD4, been playin str8 for like 2 or 3 days now.

I'm gonna update some guys tonight for my edit list and I'll try to keep them in order.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2008, 04:36 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Moving this to the roster forum.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »