Home

EA Official 2nd ROSTER UPDATE

This is a discussion on EA Official 2nd ROSTER UPDATE within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2008, 12:46 PM   #25
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Will EA have the official rosters on or before Sept. 4th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotlove
Sony and Microsoft should start challenging these 3rd party companies. To my understanding, they're allowed to use the licensing. Only 3rd party companies like EA, etc..are included in the exclusive licensing. Sony put out one hell of a baseball game with The Show '08. I've heard some people say Microsoft could have made something of NFL Fever if they kept going and improving year to year.
You understand wrong.

EA's deal is airtight, unlike the situation in baseball. No one else is allowed to use the names, logos, or player likenesses, period.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2008, 03:39 PM   #26
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
You understand wrong.

EA's deal is airtight, unlike the situation in baseball. No one else is allowed to use the names, logos, or player likenesses, period.
Then how do you explain MLB The Show? Made by Sony. It's basically the same deal.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:14 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26
Then how do you explain MLB The Show? Made by Sony. It's basically the same deal.
three completely different deals. The MLB deal allows only for first party software in regards to teams, logos, history, etc. The MLBPA deal is almost exclusive, but Sony is only able to use players that were on active rosters at any point during the season, not all players in the MLBPA, prospects, or players on the MLBPA retired list.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:24 PM   #28
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

2k doesn't use prospects or any of those things either. They're all generically named players that have never played in the majors because they're not in the MLBPA.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:02 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 3

Ohhh I see. Yeah that does suck then. Not necessarily because EA is doing a terrible job, they're improving (i think), but just having that competition between EA and 2K would probably make both work that much harder to make the best football game they can. Not to mention people having an option as to what game they want.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:01 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

Would someone with some insight care to explain why it takes a minute to do the updates? I'm totally not complaining..I'm all down to wait..do it myself..whatev.

Is it because there are so many transactions?

Is it just a huge pain in the a$$ to program?..dealing with gear, salary cap hits..etc.

I ask just because in other sports games it doesn't seem like as big of a deal to do..
Old 09-02-2008, 10:33 PM   #31
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12

So back to the rosters. I've heard wednesday the 3rd. I've heard between thursday, saturday at the latest. If so what time? Anyone know? I'm waiting to start my dallas franchise for real with pacman.By the way it's kinda cheesy but I was able to pick up a couple or free agents(T.Spikes etc.) and move A. Henry to FS and trade them for P. Willis. He's a beast. So now I have Z. Thomas and Willis in the middle!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2008, 10:01 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

That's real cheesy, but it's you're game.

I can't wait for the updated rosters. I never wait on rosters to do a franchise, but this year I am.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »