Home

Why are 'longsnappers" even needed

This is a discussion on Why are 'longsnappers" even needed within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2008, 04:00 PM   #1
Rookie

imalanh1's Arena

OVR: 3
Question Why are 'longsnappers" even needed

I've always wondered why people think they need this position on the rosters for Madden. Has there EVER been a bad snap in the 20 years of Madden? Been playing Madden for 20 years, don't think it's even possible, is it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2008, 04:47 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Why are 'longsnappers" even needed

Alot of people like 100% accurate rosters, and long snappers are part of those. I don't need them in mine, and like to use the spots on more important players, but it's nice to have some of them to fill up the backup OL spots.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:37 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

thats a good question. maybe thats something that should be in the game. then having a guy like ethan albright would have a tangible, in game effect. instead of him being a low rated backup lineman.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:53 PM   #4
Rookie

imalanh1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcblayze
Alot of people like 100% accurate rosters, and long snappers are part of those. I don't need them in mine, and like to use the spots on more important players, but it's nice to have some of them to fill up the backup OL spots.
No one likes 100% rosters more than me,( I use to spend more time on rosters than actually playing the game, was a sickness lol) just wasn't sure why some people worry about that position. Have you ever seen a "bad snap" in Madden?
Old 09-08-2008, 06:34 PM   #5
Banned

i remember high snaps in ps2 madden where the punter would jump up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 02:01 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by imalanh1
No one likes 100% rosters more than me,( I use to spend more time on rosters than actually playing the game, was a sickness lol) just wasn't sure why some people worry about that position. Have you ever seen a "bad snap" in Madden?
You would think that after 20 years they woul've find a way to implement high snaps and the important of LS, instead they decided to create a ******** Superstar mode.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:11 PM   #7
Pro

CAG CheechDogg's Arena

OVR: 10

There are a few reasons I like to have long snappers in my rostesr, but the most importan one is being able to move him around the off. line when one of your offensive linemen get hurt instead of having to probally cut a player. You can just switch his position to meet the requirements that EA put in this game.

Other reasons include accurate rosters, long snappers are also great special team players, meaning they are "GUNNERS" on special teams and have a very good tackling rating themselves.

Long snappers are very underated and I believe they should be included in Madden football. Why they are not, I have no farwken idea!.......LONG LIVE THE ART OF LONG SNAPPEN'
Old 09-09-2008, 03:21 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheechDogg75
There are a few reasons I like to have long snappers in my rostesr, but the most importan one is being able to move him around the off. line when one of your offensive linemen get hurt instead of having to probally cut a player. You can just switch his position to meet the requirements that EA put in this game.

Other reasons include accurate rosters, long snappers are also great special team players, meaning they are "GUNNERS" on special teams and have a very good tackling rating themselves.

Long snappers are very underated and I believe they should be included in Madden football. Why they are not, I have no farwken idea!.......LONG LIVE THE ART OF LONG SNAPPEN'
How often do you see an OL gunning or wedge busting in real life? There are maybe 1 or 2 that do it, and that is a HUGE MAYBE. Do you know what a long snapper, or a gunner is?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »