Home

Daunte Culpepper

This is a discussion on Daunte Culpepper within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2008, 05:04 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
Daunte Culpepper

I was about to make a post asking why he wasn't in the FA pool. But instead I did a search on my own and came up with that he retired. I really really can't believe that no one picked him up as a back up. I wanted to add him to my Bears Roster but he isn't there.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3569109

It sounds like the guy wanted to represent himself and the league basically said it won't work with you. After that he got disillusioned about the NFL and retired.

I have to say I agree wit his comments at the end of the article. There are plenty of teams that could use him as a backup and it is sad that they won't because of him not using an agent. I think he could possibly have competed for the starting job in Chicago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2008, 05:14 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Daunte Culpepper

He's in the FA pool for me
Old 09-22-2008, 05:26 PM   #3
Banned

Roster update #4 removes him.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:04 PM   #4
Banned

I dont use a roster update that deletes players from my game.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:15 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by withauthority
I dont use a roster update that deletes players from my game.
Understood. I'm about to go back to the previous update, after finding out my favorite free agent has been removed from the game completely - Mike Williams. A few players I like have been removed, such as quarterback - Alex Brink. Gotta stick with the previous one, though, since Pac Man and Bess were added in.

The updates aren't worth it, to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2008, 08:25 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Honor
Understood. I'm about to go back to the previous update, after finding out my favorite free agent has been removed from the game completely - Mike Williams. A few players I like have been removed, such as quarterback - Alex Brink. Gotta stick with the previous one, though, since Pac Man and Bess were added in.

The updates aren't worth it, to me.
There is just plain no reason to take the guys out. I have no idea why EA goes out of theyre way to give the free agent pool as little depth as possible.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:21 PM   #7
Banned

They are trying to make the rosters as accurate as possible. Culpepper retired for the NFL and is no longer in the FA pool in the real NFL.

It would have been nice to keep him in there in the game though IMO. Same with some of the other ones that they have removed. I think they should add any player that retired in the last 5 years in a retired FA pool that you can try to talk out of retirement. It happens, look at Junior Seau.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:53 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 9

You could always write down all his stats from the default roster and create him like i'm going to do

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »