Home

ReBirth ReRated Rosters for PS3 using Scouts Inc, SF 2008, Pro Football Prospectus

This is a discussion on ReBirth ReRated Rosters for PS3 using Scouts Inc, SF 2008, Pro Football Prospectus within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2008, 02:27 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: ReBirth ReRated Rosters for PS3 using Scouts Inc, SF 2008, Pro Football Prospectu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiNjaPoOn619
I got to say...Rebirth, awesome concept and idea w/ the roster. I miss the old day in which madden would rarely have players rating 95+ and nowaday it seems like every "elite" players are 99. So definately great work in re-rating everyone in the nfl to what they are supposed to be. And also an awesome draft class as well....even better than the last one...esp since the best player I encountered is Marcus Freeman who came out a 89 and most of the players in the first round stayed high 70s to low 80s. One concern tho...since you lowered all RBs stamina but not of the draft class RBs, it seems to be a problematic issue while you have old RBs not being to last more than 4 or 5 plays (since stamina is in the 40s) while you have rookies being able to be in for longer (rookie RBs stamina in the 90s). This also affects ratings in rookies as well, since they come out as already being in the "good starter" to "outstanding players" stage w/o playing a snap. This makes most rookies coming out of college a nfl starter, when we rarely actually see that in real life. And as season progresses, rookies will only get better w/ dramatic jumps of (+3 to +5), which put most first round rookie into the "elite" stage in year three and on. Also, I noticed that progression rarely occurs (maybe due to the fact that you edit the players pre-patch). Only 1 or 2 players progressed each team and I don't see McFadden or Forte or any of the young players progressing. To fix the problem, I think you might need to "re-edit" (for example raise +1 strength and then -1 strength) the edited players before the patch to get full progression across the board. But hey, awesome draft class as usual and definately an interesting concept w/ the roster!

"The old days" of Madden ratings are what made me do this. I actually did something similiar last year, but I had a different process to evaluate/rank the talent this year and I think as a stand alone roster I got a better result this time around. As far as player progression, I can't say it's spectactular but I have gotten different results. I actually finished rating the 32 teams before the patch, and most of the Free Agents after the patch so any issues as far as progression go shouldn't have anything to do with a pre/post patch issue. Stamina...the decision made by the developer on fatigue sucks...plain and simple. I thought about the difference between exisiting players and imported or MG rookies, and decided to control what I could. Besides, even with the decrease in ratings it would take someone stubbornly running the ball with the same guy to even get him to take a breather.

The draft class edits were just an attempt to decrease the chances of widespread 90+ rookies...too many factors I didn't feel like trying to manipulate in order to try to neuter them. Coupled with the fact the same prospect can change 20 pts in overall rating each load, it just wasn't worth the hassle IMO. I prefer to save two versions of my same dynasty, simulate to find out what the draft class looks like (to make sure it isn't TOO crazy, relatively speaking of course), and just charge it to the game after that. It may not work for everyone, but I'm controlling all 32 teams, so I am making depth chart/personnel decisions.

Thanks for words of appreciation from those that are enjoying the rosters. Gotta keep it real, don't really consider myself a roster editor/maker, I don't have the patience to keep updating and accomdating other people's requests. LoL I tip my hat to those that do, because it's not an easy task. That's why I said it's the first and last edition. :-) Happy Gaming
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2008, 04:03 PM   #26
MVP

pimpinpidgeon8's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: ReBirth ReRated Rosters for PS3 using Scouts Inc, SF 2008, Pro Football Prospectu

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven
can some explain 2 me how to put this file on my flashdrive,do i extract the zipped file save on my desktop,can someone please explain, everytime i extract this file and send to my flashdrive then 2 my ps3 folder a then 2 my savedata folder i put flashdrive in my ps3 go 2 where my save games R my file comes up corrupted,feedback is helpful,Thank U....................Nasa
I've had the same problem, any help?
Old 09-28-2008, 04:24 PM   #27
Look Watch

JoeC's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Rebirth
"The old days" of Madden ratings are what made me do this. I actually did something similiar last year, but I had a different process to evaluate/rank the talent this year and I think as a stand alone roster I got a better result this time around. As far as player progression, I can't say it's spectactular but I have gotten different results. I actually finished rating the 32 teams before the patch, and most of the Free Agents after the patch so any issues as far as progression go shouldn't have anything to do with a pre/post patch issue. Stamina...the decision made by the developer on fatigue sucks...plain and simple. I thought about the difference between exisiting players and imported or MG rookies, and decided to control what I could. Besides, even with the decrease in ratings it would take someone stubbornly running the ball with the same guy to even get him to take a breather.

The draft class edits were just an attempt to decrease the chances of widespread 90+ rookies...too many factors I didn't feel like trying to manipulate in order to try to neuter them. Coupled with the fact the same prospect can change 20 pts in overall rating each load, it just wasn't worth the hassle IMO. I prefer to save two versions of my same dynasty, simulate to find out what the draft class looks like (to make sure it isn't TOO crazy, relatively speaking of course), and just charge it to the game after that. It may not work for everyone, but I'm controlling all 32 teams, so I am making depth chart/personnel decisions.

Thanks for words of appreciation from those that are enjoying the rosters. Gotta keep it real, don't really consider myself a roster editor/maker, I don't have the patience to keep updating and accomdating other people's requests. LoL I tip my hat to those that do, because it's not an easy task. That's why I said it's the first and last edition. :-) Happy Gaming

I have seen the same problems with progression so I went and edited the young QB's Strengh +1 and a few of the young RB such as McFadden, Johnson, Forte and after I did this they all progressed like they should. Any player that was edited prepatch will not progress post patch unless they are edited again once the patch was installed.

Also how were you able to do the situational subs for your franchise file?

Also I just wanted to say that these rosters are great and are def appreciated.

Last edited by JoeC; 09-28-2008 at 04:30 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:33 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 33

What draft class is Tebow in 2009 or 2010? Also, is he a QB or FB?
Old 09-28-2008, 07:49 PM   #29
Pro

steven's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
can some explain 2 me how to put this file on my flashdrive,do i extract the zipped file save on my desktop,can someone please explain, everytime i extract this file and send to my flashdrive then 2 my ps3 folder a then 2 my savedata folder i put flashdrive in my ps3 go 2 where my save games R my file comes up corrupted,feedback is helpful,Thank U....................Nasa
does anyone wanna share how to put this file on a flashdrive,feedback is needed,Thanks.........Nasa
Old 09-28-2008, 08:32 PM   #30
MVP

pimpinpidgeon8's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
does anyone wanna share how to put this file on a flashdrive,feedback is needed,Thanks.........Nasa
yeah all 4 files come up as corrupted
Old 09-28-2008, 10:10 PM   #31
Rookie

Tebow is in the 2nd (2010) class as a QB

All of the players were edited prepatch #2, if you found a way to get progression results you're happy with...cool.

As far as the file corruptions go, I really wish I knew what to say but I'm not a tech guru or anything. I know that some people were able to load them without incident, hopefully there is a working resolution to the problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2008, 10:38 PM   #32
Rookie

knick9mm's Arena

thanks a lot for this rebirth. These look like great rosters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »