Home

Will new coaches be included in #6

This is a discussion on Will new coaches be included in #6 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2008, 03:07 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Will new coaches be included in #6

Will the new coaches for the Rams and Raiders be in the roster update #6? Also, the Raiders stadium is no longer McAffee or whatever it was. It's Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum.

It would be nice to be able to change jerseys in ranked games too.

Also....lowering JaMarcus Russell's rating is insane. He has 1 INT this season off of a tipped pass. His WR's have dropped so many passes...especially Curry. The guy can't catch. He has really good accuracy when he gets time and I have no idea why he doesn't have a 100 for arm strength. I seriously doubt the NFL has had a stronger arm in it's short history. The guy chucked the ball 80 yards to his WR who couldn't hang on OFF OF HIS BACK FOOT last week!!!!!!!!!

HE THREW THE BALL 80 YARDS OFF OF HIS BACK FOOT. Did any of you see that ball in the air? I have no doubt that he can launch a ball 110 yards if he steps into the throw.

If anything, his WRs should be lowered since they suck in real life. Only WR that seems to produce is Higgins. Zach Miller has some AMAZING hands and above average speed at the TE position.

what the Raiders should be:

Overall:

Russell: 84
Walker: 84
Curry: 80
Lelie: 82
Higgins: 79
Schiellins: 74

Michael Bush - he's an 80 right now, his TRUCK MUST be higher!!! Are you kidding me EA??? Bush can run people over much better than Fargas! LOL.

Run DMC is playing with turf toe by the way. Before EA starts lowering him, realize that you haven't lowered LT who also has turf toe. He had a 100 yard game thanks to 1 big carry in garbage time.

Adrian Peterson needs to be the highest rated RB. AT THIS POINT - He is the best RB in the NFL. LT isn't as good as he was before turf toe or not. At best LT is a 95. AP - 98.

Last edited by j4ever; 10-01-2008 at 03:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2008, 03:18 PM   #2
MVP

loccdogg26's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Will new coaches be included in #6

Yeah I saw that pass dude has a cannon.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:30 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loccdogg26
Yeah I saw that pass dude has a cannon.

seriously, i've never seen a stronger arm in the nfl. if you saw his throwing motion...it wasn't one of those drew brees moments where he has to wind up and lean back to get it out....no. he just flicked his wrist as he was falling back off his back foot.

that right there is proof. 100 arm strength.

they lowered russell from an 83 to a 79 and lowered his accuracy from 87 to 80!!! that makes no sense. at the time they did that, he had not 1 INT and the 2nd highest passer rating in the 4th q. he had one game where he didn't complete many balls...against KC...but cutler didn't do well there either...on top of that, all the raiders did was run the ball since their starting LT couldn't pass block..****ssell was supposed to 3 step drop...if no1's there throw it away...so that's what he did most of the time he threw.

EA hates on him for no reason. their explanation for dropping him didn't make any sense either. i've seen all his games this season and have seen nothing but a bright future for the guy. (i'm a big dmc and bush fan...along with nnamdi). i had my doubts early on, but Russell is going to be a star QB. he isn't afraid of pressure or blitzes and every game he gets better....

agaisnt the bills...did any1 see that laser he put on higgins for a td in the 4th q? amazing. i swear this guy throws the ball so hard, it's almost impossible for a db to be ready to pick it off....you have to practice catching his passes to actually catch one. lol.

again, his only pick came on a lob short screen pass in which mcfadden tipped it to the defense.

99 passes 1 int...not bad at all. certainly better than EA's absurd 79 rating!!!

4 TDs, 1 int, 668 yards and a passer rating of 84.9 in his first season starting with terrible WRs and an OLINE that can't pass block. This guy is going to be great.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:02 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

interesting question about the coaching updates. im not sure if they will be able to do that because the coaches arent part of the roster.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:45 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I wish they'd allow you to change coaches mid-season in Franchise, oh well. And I think Russell has a super strong arm but no accuracy, maybe they'll trade a few of these big name guys for a good WR who can get down field, I'd look toward someone like Green Bay to make a trade, letting Ruvell Martin go to Oakland for a CB (Since Harris is hurt) wouldn't be a bad idea, throw in a few draft picks.

I do disagree that AP is the best RB in the league, Michael Turner leads the league in rushing, and will eventually lead the league in totaly rushing yard PER SEASON. He will break records, just look at the video where he drags KC's "supposed" MLB 10+ yards. Anyway, the ratings are always screwed up, too many "name" players are hyped, and not based on how they actually perform. I'd even drop Javon Walker to a 78, he's terrible, I'd bump Lelie, he's made some clutch catches, and some that got 1st downs. I'd also drop Fargas and bump Bush, as stated above.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2008, 03:34 PM   #6
Banned

bush is good and got a bump in #6...but drop Fargas? are you kidding me? The guy gains yards even when there is no hole to run through...he is good.

and making a case for turner as the best rb in the nfl is homerism. he is not. AP is the best. Put that guy on any team and they are MUCH MUCH better. He's that good. LT on the other hand may not even be the best RB on his own team. Their offense looks much better when Sproles is in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »