Home

NCAA Roster Import Problem.

This is a discussion on NCAA Roster Import Problem. within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2008, 04:08 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
NCAA Roster Import Problem.

I've been reading about people having a problem with NCAA players coming in overrated - an issue I can personally live with. However, I just completed yet another season (started over the first time this happened) and it's still there... The problem is - Most of my NCAA players come in low as hell. I'm talking some 50s, 60s and even the guys who do manage to make it to 80, like James Laurinaitis came in with 82 speed. I can handle the 81 overall, but 82 speed? He's a bit faster than that, I'd say. Sammie Stroughter was rated high in NCAA, so I decided to draft him - he came in as a 67 overall player with 80 speed. I mean, I can live with 67 overall, but 80 speed? I'd list all the players that came in like this, but the list is far too long.

But again, I'm seeing far too many low rated players. What the hell am I supposed to do with a 59 overall DT with 72 strength? NCAA draft classes are a huge part of my fun, and keep me playing Madden, so this is turning into a major game killer for me.

Is anyone else seeing this? Am I doing something wrong?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2008, 12:21 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Roster Import Problem.

That's weird, I've only heard people complain about ratings being too high. So you're not getting any high-rated(90's) players at all?
Old 10-04-2008, 03:28 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old's Cool
That's weird, I've only heard people complain about ratings being too high. So you're not getting any high-rated(90's) players at all?
I've seen a few 85s, but no 90s. Hell, I'd rather see 90s than a boat load of 50-60 rated players. I'm talking about WRs with 75-80 speed, DTs with 75 strength, DEs that I wouldn't sign if they were in the free agency, let alone want to blow a draft pick on them. Is it normal for the 50-60 rated players to outnumber the high rated players? Because it was never an issue for me in the other versions of Madden. It's like using the old madden generated classes all over again.

I guess I'm the only one with these issues? This is a huge problem for me. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:14 PM   #4
Rookie

Give me some hope here, people. Is this a regular thing this year or is it just me? Again, I'm finding a lot of ridiculously low rated players that can't be used for anything. Is anyone else getting level 50s and 60 players? I know many of you had to have done the draft by now. In previous Madden's, it would be rare to find any player below level 70. This year, I'm drafting DTs at 59 overall with 75 strength. WRs with 75/80 speed.

Thanks.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:41 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

looks like its you buddy.

once i had a TE (Jake Ballard) at 59 OVR, but the only players below 70 OVR are kickers & punters and a few guards.

maybe your NCAA roster perhaps the ratings for all the players have been lowered?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2008, 02:33 PM   #6
Flyin' High

Birdman18's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Honor
Give me some hope here, people. Is this a regular thing this year or is it just me? Again, I'm finding a lot of ridiculously low rated players that can't be used for anything. Is anyone else getting level 50s and 60 players? I know many of you had to have done the draft by now. In previous Madden's, it would be rare to find any player below level 70. This year, I'm drafting DTs at 59 overall with 75 strength. WRs with 75/80 speed.

Thanks.

i have seen it as well... i had drafted demetrius byrd from LSU and he was an 84 speed.. its all over the board with ratings.. i have seen guys in the 90's and then i have seen as low as a 50 with the skills varying greatly...
Old 10-06-2008, 08:43 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchy666
looks like its you buddy.

once i had a TE (Jake Ballard) at 59 OVR, but the only players below 70 OVR are kickers & punters and a few guards.

maybe your NCAA roster perhaps the ratings for all the players have been lowered?
Hmm. I was thinking that, too. I'm using Dkrauses rosters, which are edited. I'll use regular rosters, do some simming, and see if that's it, because I tried it three times, and I'm seeing FAR too many low rated players. I'm not just talking 1 to 3 guys here. I'm seeing a lot of players which are completely USELESS. I can almost deal with players in the high 60s, but these players have a HUGE drop off of speed from NCAA to College. The defensive players were awful.

I'm not sure if that explains certain players dropping, though, which DK didn't seem to edit - but we'll see. I have completely lost interest in both games because of this issue.

If anyone else has any suggestions, please chime in.

Last edited by Anti Honor; 10-06-2008 at 08:49 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:06 PM   #8
Rookie

I just simmed an NCAA season with original rosters, then imported it into my simmed Madden season - I count 20 rookies in the 50s, not including kickers/punters, who go all the way down to the 30s. 80+ rookies in their 60s, and half of those are under 65.

The best DT to come out, is 75 overall with 79 strength.
Some of the best WRs in NCAA are in the low 70s, with 79-83 speed.

I counted over 100 rookies below 70.. and the guys that didn't manage to come out 85+ overall, are useless, too.

What the hell is going on? I was going to draft Patrick Turner, and the guy has 79 speed in Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »