Home

VikingFan4Ever's 360 Draft Classes

This is a discussion on VikingFan4Ever's 360 Draft Classes within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2009, 10:50 PM   #57
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: VikingFan4Ever's 360 Draft Classes

I'm probably done doing any updates for this as it took a lot of time and testing to even try to get is close. College starts up for me next week and I don't have the time to devote to trying to put out a realistic updated class.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 01-10-2009, 10:04 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 1

Does anyone know if you can transport files to a 512 MB Memory card using the X-port thing? I downloaded the 1.12 software update, but cannot get it to recognize my memory card. Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:12 AM   #59
Rookie

Javon Ringer as a 99 ovr? Forgive me for some homerism (I'm a UofM dude) but I'll be lowering that. Also, did you "make" some guys seniors to make them leave? Like the USC FS who has since stayed at USC.

I might make one or two tweaks.

Here is a list of what I am doing, feel free to disagree :P

1)Ringer to a 94ish

2)Bradford up a bit, to like a 93-94

3)Rhett Bomar down to arond a ~90? 99 for him is a bit ridic

4)McCoy down to around a ~90
Old 01-14-2009, 08:29 AM   #60
Pro

OVR: 10

If you're making one for 360 I've been working on one for a while now that I'm posting this weekend but feel free to make your own if you want.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:14 PM   #61
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Dynasty12
If you're making one for 360 I've been working on one for a while now that I'm posting this weekend but feel free to make your own if you want.
If you need any help or info for them let me know. I understand how much work goes into them so I'd be happy to help in any way.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2009, 05:19 PM   #62
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingFan4Ever
If you need any help or info for them let me know. I understand how much work goes into them so I'd be happy to help in any way.
Do you know how to avoid the dreadlocks? Or any other general tips for ratings and anything else basically.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:43 PM   #63
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

Quote:
Do you know how to avoid the dreadlocks? Or any other general tips for ratings and anything else basically.
Can't help with the dreds issue, but below something Da Rebirth posted that I used to help with ratings. It helped me a lot.

Common themes you may want to keep in mind

*Once the Dynasty starts, you can't edit the players anymore...so you can only somewhat reasonably target upperclassmen prospects to edit.

*The more prestigious a college program is, the higher the tendency for those schools to produce high ranked rookies.

*Awareness for imported rookies is EXTREMELY high (when compared to respective default rated Madden rookies), especially for those from powerhouse schools. I would suspect that lowering upperclass prospects AWR in NCAA would address this somewhat, but I haven't tested it. Actually, this is one of the chief reasons that the imports come in rated so highly.

*Players have high ratings in categories that aren't "priority" to their position in NCAA, whereas in Madden, these same areas have ratings that are much lower in respective comparison. (Strength for QB's in NCAA is much higher overall in NCAA, therefore when they get imported, the strength of the rookie QB's is normally much higher on average...which may increase their rating.)

*I'm not sure how much the "next gen" ratings were accounted for by the system used to determine imported ratings. Therefore, you may want to drastically reduce the next gen ratings for upperclassmen (draft eligible), ESPECIALLY, those at prestigious/powerhouse type schools.

*The earlier they declare to go pro, the more "realistic" their imported rating will be. While this may not bode well if you're actually playing in the Dynasty, for purposes of a Madden Import Dynasty, it's a good thing.

I listed some of the ratings I edited for the respective positions. In cases in which an NFL prospect doesn't attend a powerhouse school, then you may have to jack up his ratings just to give him a shot at a decent import rating. Finally, if you're basing the ratings of an NFL Projection chart or something then you may want to remind yourself that even those are hit and miss more often than not. I know I did...LoL

QB's: Decrease Spd, Str, Acc, Thp/Tha If you're trying to get a smaller school prospect an opportunity to make the cut-off list to be imported...give em the cream & the clear...especially in AWR.

*For instance, I made the QB from Ball State into a 97 OVR player...he still imports at a high 60's OVR when imported into Madden...Small School + Low Poll Finish= You suck in Madden when imported

HB's: Increase SPD Drastically (Especially if their skill set is Spd based, seriously, a 99 is not of the question because of the tremendous speed decreases that occur when importing...especially if they are from a non-powerhouse school)Decrease STR, IF they are a bigger/power type RB, then limiting their AGL rating below 84 will help. Also their CTH and PBK ratings need to be dropped to 48 or below.

Try as I might...Javon Ringer never seems to import well...I guess Michigan State doesn't have the requisite team success needed...

WR's: Decrease STR...If they are the traditional USC type WR that fizzles out in the Pros because they can't get separation, then limit SPD to no higher than 92. Kinda iffy, because of SPD decreases, then they run the risk of being imported at an 82 SPD rating...anyway, drop their RTE, CIT and REL rating severely...No more than mid 80's for top ranked prospects at powerhouse schools. If they are a junior, then no more than 80. CTH can be dropped as well. WR is one of the most difficult positions to adjust to in the NFL, so don't feel too bad about dropping them in rating.

TE's: Same as above, but the primary culprit is STR/RBK/PBK and the next gen blocking ratings....

O-Line...for the most part, they import ok. The SPD,AGL,STR and Block ratings at 99 for prospects at less heralded schools (Eugene Monroe, Michael Oher types)

D-Line: 3-4 DE types decrease SPD (no more than 60), AGL, ACC...slightly increase STR/TAK 4-3 types...for the most part they translate ok, decrease the PMV/FMV to below 90 for non-elite prospects....for Michael Johnson of G-Tech...I made him superman...if G-Tech has a bad year when you simulate he may import with a rating in the 60's or mid 70's...if G-Tech has a good year then you have the second coming of Julius Peppers. Like I said before, so many different factors play a role...

LB's: Most import ok...if they are from a smaller school then they may need a boost. Decrease the MCV/ZCV ratings for the 2 Down MLB types (Jasper Brinkley/Jeremiah Trotter mold types)...

CB's: Ohhhh boy...Decreasing the MCV and ZCV to levels of 75-84 (for the elite) seems to help the most. Also lowering the catch and tackle ratings. Once again, the non powerhouse school prospect needs a little help. (Alphonso Smith of Wake Forest, Mike Mickens of Cincy come to mind)

FS's & SS's: Decrease the STR slightly, and the MCV/ZCV severely for most (60's & 70's for SS) if they are a CB turned FS (Derek Peagues sort) then maybe 75 & 80 respectively. SS's that are the Roy Williams type, perhaps a slight decrease in SPD and definitely in AGL as well. Taylor Mays...jack up everything and hope he declares after his Jr year...the guy is a BEAST! LoL

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 01-15-2009, 12:39 AM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Either console actually, I can get it for either..prefer PS3 but either would be fine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »