Home

Draft Class Trend (PS3)

This is a discussion on Draft Class Trend (PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2009, 02:34 PM   #1
Rookie

MUHerd's Arena

OVR: 2
Draft Class Trend (PS3)

Has anyone noticed a fairly consistant trend of the player rating from college to madden?

For Example: a 96 speed RB in NCAA translating to a 92 speed in the Madden draft class, a 99 hands WR in NCAA translating to a 95 hands in Madden, etc?

If so, perhaps there could be some sort of formula to manipulate the player ratings in NCAA on a consistant basis to produce a reasonably controlled draft class. I've been toying with it today but wanted to ask for some input that may help kill some time. I know it's impossible to keep it totally consistant with the inconsistant madden rating problem, but... if we can keep a good range of ratings, it would make for a better chance.

I have already gone through and changed players numbers to match NFL position numbers (RBS: 20-49, WRS 80s, etc.)

Any input would be appreciated and a good produced draft class will be shared if I can get one put together.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2009, 02:25 PM   #2
Rookie

mtdunning's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Draft Class Trend (PS3)

I have had the same Michael Crabtree from the same class come out with 82 speed and 89 speed in two loads. The ratings jumble every time you load a class and there is only a little bit of continuity. The 99 players in NCAA usually end up at the top of the draft classes, especially the quarterbacks.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:09 PM   #3
Rookie

MUHerd's Arena

OVR: 2

Yes, I know the inconsistant madden conversion is aggrivating. What I am really interested is I guess an average, meaning; At what rating does a player come out the most after many loads at his current NCAA rating.

I have a draft class for 2009 that so far may be very promising. I'm just running into a few high ratings.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:54 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 12

I think that the player's school/conference has something to do with it too. I have pre-done NCAA draft classes and Jarett Dillard (Rice University's star WR, rated a 95 in NCAA) consistently came out in the 72-75 OVR range. However, I played through my own season of NCAA and Dillard won the Heisman. Even after a phenomenal senior year (something like 120+ receptions, 2600+ yards and 32 TDs) and winning the Heisman, he still came out in the 82 range.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:16 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

There are no consistent trends.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »