Home

Franchise save with draft classes 360 is ready!

This is a discussion on Franchise save with draft classes 360 is ready! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2009, 01:40 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Franchise save with draft classes 360 is ready!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstach
Also, how come Fred Jackson is a free agent? He signed with the bills and was a restricted free agent none the less. This I cannot believe!!!
good catch.
Some of the resources I used didn't have any info on him.
http://www.nfl.com/players/search?ca...erType=current

http://www.nfl.com/transactions?tran...nsactionYear=0

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency#player...-team:team-buf

I wish the NFL and its teams would update their info more thoroughly. A lot of teams have players on their roster page even if they're unrestricted free agents and not expected to be back.

Last edited by thenmber2; 04-21-2009 at 01:42 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:20 PM   #50
Pro

solofx7's Arena

OVR: 7

hey everyone.
lets be fair to this guy, hammering him is truly not right.
if he is running a scam, that will reveal itself in time.
i personally cannot blame him for wanting to make a couple bucks on his hard work.
as a gamer and a sports gamer, i know how hard it is to not only make your rosters up to date, but then to go the extra mile and either create all of the draft classes or correctly set them from NCAA is very difficult.
ratings are a whole other ball of wax is takes to get right.
i used to do this myself and it is truly a bear.
that being said they guy is only asking for donations and appears to be doing a ton of work, so be fair please.
i do not know him, nor am i his bud, i just think it is easier to blast someone on a board that you do not know because you want something free.
i have sent him a donation and an email. i am personally coming up on his 24hr turn around time, and will let you all know what i think when i hear from him.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:25 PM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by solofx7
hey everyone.
lets be fair to this guy, hammering him is truly not right.
if he is running a scam, that will reveal itself in time.
i personally cannot blame him for wanting to make a couple bucks on his hard work.
as a gamer and a sports gamer, i know how hard it is to not only make your rosters up to date, but then to go the extra mile and either create all of the draft classes or correctly set them from NCAA is very difficult.
ratings are a whole other ball of wax is takes to get right.
i used to do this myself and it is truly a bear.
that being said they guy is only asking for donations and appears to be doing a ton of work, so be fair please.
i do not know him, nor am i his bud, i just think it is easier to blast someone on a board that you do not know because you want something free.
i have sent him a donation and an email. i am personally coming up on his 24hr turn around time, and will let you all know what i think when i hear from him.
That's cool of you to say.
I can always tell the difference between an adult, and a kid.
And the kids out here just want somebody to do all the work and expect to get it for free. And on top of it all, they'll whine about anything they don't like. So in essence, they're throwing temper tantrums because they want something but can't get it for free.

Well, the truth is, I sent it to well over a hundred of people for free. I got a little tired of everybody saying "awesome, thanks, I'll send a donation as soon as I see if the file works" or they'd whine about something that I NEVER said I had. All the info is right there on the site, the kids just didn't want to take the time to read it all.

So if I'm going to get annoyed by people who are getting something, I may as well ask for donations. I originally though more people would know the hard work that was put in to this and would willingly donate. But I was wrong. People (or should I say KIDS), take what they can get and run.

And the second I started asking for donations in return for the files, there was already somebody whining about it, accusing me of a scam, telling people I didn't do the work myself. It took less than a day for somebody to throw a hissy fit because they wanted something for free and couldn't have it.

Well here's how it is... I've got what they want. I did the work, and if they want it, they have to donate for it because people like them ruined it for everybody. So if they want what other people are willing to do the work for OR willing to donate for, they better just do the work themselves.

It would be like me offering a car wash service to anybody that would want it. Just to prove my service is good. And if 99 out of 100 people either walked away with their car washed with out a tip or anything, or saying they're going to tip after they see how well the car was washed only to just drive away without offering a dime. Then you have the whiners that throw tantrums when they get there only to realize the service isn't offered for free any more.

Get a clue! If you don't like it, too bad, that's life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 04:32 PM   #52
Banned

Ok I understand you taking donations that's cool. If I downloaded your file id consider donating if I thought you did a good job, but making some one donate before you give them something is not a donation. Its a buy/sell scheme and i'm not throwing a hissy fit or anything many other people are working on rosters/franchise files for free thats where I dont think you should charge people.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:53 PM   #53
GO RAYS!!!

daniverson1973's Arena

OVR: 18

WOW-this is the first time ive read thru this thread and im a little surprised.....why would you require a donation for something that anyone can do??????????????

i simply dont get it

i know im still a ps2 guy and that is what i share (for free), ....ps2 files, but i really dont understand this concept

i am a member at other sites where I SHARE FILES AND I DONATE, I DONT REQUIRE A DONATION

when you require a donation, its not a donation, its a FEE bud
Old 04-23-2009, 07:11 PM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniverson1973
WOW-this is the first time ive read thru this thread and im a little surprised.....why would you require a donation for something that anyone can do??????????????

i simply dont get it

i know im still a ps2 guy and that is what i share (for free), ....ps2 files, but i really dont understand this concept

i am a member at other sites where I SHARE FILES AND I DONATE, I DONT REQUIRE A DONATION

when you require a donation, its not a donation, its a FEE bud
I don't see any other 360 updated franchise files out there with 6 years of draft classes that go in to the detail I go in to, and EA roster updates that people are giving out. Do you???

So if anybody can do it, than why hasn't somebody already done it??? Why is it that I've never found files like these nearly as good that people have given out in the past?

A fee is a set amount. Which I may think about doing from now on, because I can. A donation is different.

And don't forget, I already gave out the files for free. I explained this already.

If you don't like, than don't ask for them.

And what you do with your files is up to you. If you want to work on something for weeks at a time and never get anything in return, that's completely up to you. I tried that, and it was ANNOYING as hell.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:20 PM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerizer
Ok I understand you taking donations that's cool. If I downloaded your file id consider donating if I thought you did a good job, but making some one donate before you give them something is not a donation. Its a buy/sell scheme and i'm not throwing a hissy fit or anything many other people are working on rosters/franchise files for free thats where I dont think you should charge people.
No you wouldn't, you'd take the files and run. Just like everyone else did.

Buy/sell... fee/donation... whatever.

I'm still waiting for you to point me in the right direction of a franchise file with a total of 6 years of draft classes that goes in to the detail I go in to that somebody is offering.

Even if it was for free, I'd be happy to pay for that. Because it's a service that I'd like to try out.

Do you go to EA and ask for Madden for free and if you like it you'd give them the money for it???

How about this. Why don't you invest the time and hassle with it, I'll pay you, and I can try out YOUR files. I'll see if they're anything near as good as my files.

Since you kids are so hissy about the donation, then I'll think about charging if I choose to continue to do the files after the draft. Supposedly there'll already be files out there for free. Which is great. I'd love to not do the work and be able to use an awesome file for myself (I'd even pay for it).

But if they suck, like I'm expecting them to. Then I'll get to work on mine and make them even better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 08:11 PM   #56
Banned

For one i'm not begging for your files, clearly I do not want them anymore. However I was interested to see how "good" they were.
And for you to make the assumptions that I would take your file n run with it is clearly out of line since you do not know me. Another reason you may think "kids" take your files and run is, maybe they feel you have thrown together a crappy file and chose not to donate they have that right because you said willing to take donations that's what a donation is.

And you can charge for your files but I guarentee some people that seen the way you have carried your self in this thread have already not taken your file serious. So in the end you still lose.

I just wanna point out how much of a clown you are for bragging about your 6 draft classes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »