Home

The Top 3 QB's in Madden 10 should be _________?

This is a discussion on The Top 3 QB's in Madden 10 should be _________? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2009, 02:27 AM   #57
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: The Top 3 QB's in Madden 10 should be _________?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burne
P.S. Have you ever considered a rating for the speed of a QB's release?
This is a great point. Starting With Marion at 100 and everyone working down to Leftwitch being really bad. Tony Romo and Farve would have a very high rating [okay, Farve in his prime]. Brady has a very good release, but Manning's is better. I agree brady can launch it and get it where it neds to be when it needs to be there, but he doesn't thow bullets to the flats. Montana is a great example of some one who threw great short and medium passes but his long ball was very bad. In Madden I would give him an 89-ish deep THP/Deep THA stat but 99 in short and medium THA and 95-ish sort and medium THP. His release would have to be in the 92-94 range if Marino is 100 and Elway is a 98-ish.

The QB postion has a LOT of skill sets adn that is why it is one of the highest paid postions in sports. Pump fake, cadence, play action, throw on the run, consistency, composure, leadership, etc. all very important ratings, ome QB specific that are all missing from madden.

Hate to make your job harder, but it would make the game more sim and easyer to tell players apart imo.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:30 PM   #58
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
Expect the 99 THP for ole Tommy Ballgame to take a hit this year. ALways felt that was a tad bit inflated.
Are these ratings going to be based on last year or career? Because if it's based on last year there's no way in hell Brady should even be considered for the top spot. He got injured and there's no way to say he would've had a great season. And Brees had a near historic season. And thanks for correcting Tom-Cat's THP rating.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:33 PM   #59
MVP

drae2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
Manning
Warner
Brady
Brees
Romo
Romo? And no Manning? NO, NO, NO! Rivers and Cutler would have to be before Romeo.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:39 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 6

whatever you do please dont make payton manning audible every single play its kinda anoying i understand to do it often but every single play is a joke
Old 04-17-2009, 12:43 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Trick here is Brady is a better QB, but Manning will be rated higher until you add 2k5 style ratings like consistency, composure, and leadership. Manning is behind Brady in all these areas.

I don't care what anyone says about Brady having a Better D or team or anything. Manning himself has failed his team time and time again in the post season. He isa great QB and a champion, but he has also choked away too many games. Many times the game was put in his hands and many times he failed. The most recent in people's memories was just this year against SD.

With a slim 3 point lead and 2:41 left in the game Manning took over on Offense with a chance to seal the deal only to go 3 and out after an 8-yard sack on 3rd and 2 giving the Chargers a chance at a game tying FG to send it into OT.

Brady is no longer perfect in the post season, but his heroics far exceed his failures. Manning has all of 1 success story in the post season and I give him all the credit in the world fro coming back from a 15 point deficit at half time against the Pats and then beat the #1 in the rain in the Superbowl.

The lack of consistency, composure, and leadership ratings to measure "heart" is glaring omission. I understand these are very hard to rate, but an average scale for unknown playrs would be fine while some players "mail it in" and finally others like Brady and Manning have a lot, Brady trumps Manning while Manning trumps Brady's THP.
Unfortunately some of these stat heads refuse to acknowledge players who have the heart of a champion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2009, 01:07 PM   #62
MVP

drae2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrob
whatever you do please dont make payton manning audible every single play its kinda anoying i understand to do it often but every single play is a joke
Well he does it in real life, and that's what we're asking for is more realism, right?
Old 04-17-2009, 02:19 PM   #63
Banned

true i want realisim but he dont do it every play does he ? in real life that is
Old 04-17-2009, 02:28 PM   #64
Rookie

1. Manning
2. Brady
3. Brees
4. Warner
5. Rivers
6/7/8/9/10 (no order): Pennington, Roethlisberger, Cutler, Schaub, Rodgers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »