Home

Is it possible to keep rosters in sync. w/ the real NFL season

This is a discussion on Is it possible to keep rosters in sync. w/ the real NFL season within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2009, 12:57 AM   #9
MVP

Shaffer26's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Is it possible to keep rosters in sync. w/ the real NFL season

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverinesFinest
In the past madden has always had a option to make the cpu always accept a trade you offer. It would be difficult to do this for all teams though....
Not really considering NFL teams hardly ever make trades.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:25 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
I am 100% sure you can control every team in a Franchise so you will be able to easily update every roster. This is how I got my ring builder up to the highest level in Madden 09. I controlled every team in Franchise mode and simmed a couple years and was able to amass enough points just by doing that.
yes, unless they changed this from last year, you can control all teams and be in charge of every team's roster moves. im hoping they dont change this, i like controlling all teams b/c i do the same thing as the OP, it really makes the game more relevant to the real season
Old 08-04-2009, 07:30 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

I personally would love to be hired by EA for ONE year to design and develop what would easily be the biggest feature to hit madden, ever. Not to mention it would be about time Madden have came up with a completely original and over-the-top feature.

I'm talking about a live stat-based system that is constantly running in the background and "watching" stats on a game-by-game basis that can also take note of smart A.I. technology in order to "watch" highlights of players and adjust their stats accordingly. For that matter it could also be "watching" nfl.com for any important information/trades/injuries etc and making adjustments accordingly at any given moment while the player isn't playing a game right then and there.

The technology is already half in place on EAs end with the live stat-tracking feature. That technology simply needs to be built upon to design the system I'm speaking of.

Everything needed for such a system to be designed is in place... but given the fact that Madden has no competition, why would they even bother with such, heh... oh well...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 11:25 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 10

they should do live roster like 2K games do
Old 08-09-2009, 07:30 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetique
I personally would love to be hired by EA for ONE year to design and develop what would easily be the biggest feature to hit madden, ever. Not to mention it would be about time Madden have came up with a completely original and over-the-top feature.

I'm talking about a live stat-based system that is constantly running in the background and "watching" stats on a game-by-game basis that can also take note of smart A.I. technology in order to "watch" highlights of players and adjust their stats accordingly. For that matter it could also be "watching" nfl.com for any important information/trades/injuries etc and making adjustments accordingly at any given moment while the player isn't playing a game right then and there.

The technology is already half in place on EAs end with the live stat-tracking feature. That technology simply needs to be built upon to design the system I'm speaking of.

Everything needed for such a system to be designed is in place... but given the fact that Madden has no competition, why would they even bother with such, heh... oh well...
I have wondered this myself. Give the user option to get "Live" updates during their Dynasty. Not just as a new seperate roster file. Trades, signings, releases, rating adjustments that occur in your Dynasty w/o having to start a new one just to get the latest player movement. They could put an on/off option for this in dyn. setup so if folks don't want to play that way, no problem. That being said it would save fans who want accurate, true to life NFL roster nuts like me a huge headache. I wish all sports games would implement this. The tech. is there. I'm sure it just has to be applied. Maybe we will see this soon. I've been wishing for this since the PS2 hard drive released.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »