Home

Ratings question.

This is a discussion on Ratings question. within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2009, 01:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ratings question.

I was wondering if someone could explain to me how Big Ben has a 93 overall.

I was also wondering how Donovan McNabb got a 91 overall.

And I really question why Phillip Rivers only got an 89 overall.

Phillip Rivers had the best season out of all of these QBs, heck he did better than Peyton Manning!

I understand most people say "Oh, well he has LT and a really good defense", but that doesn't apply this season, LT was beaten up and the defense was horrible.

Big Ben has the best defense and a good running game, so I don't how a guy that gets 17 TDs 15 INT, 3300 Yards, 470 Attempts and an 80 passer rating is rated 93 overall.

Phillip had 9 more attempts and 700 more yards. He also had twice as many TDs and 4 less picks. Not to mention a whopping 25 higher passer rating.

If it was not for Rivers, the chargers would not have made the playoffs, they would probably be 6 and 10. I am pretty sure Billy Volek (yes, the chargers backup) could have won the superbowl with the steelers and had the same record.

Just kind of makes me mad...

Same with how Shawne Merriman was injured the whole season, he gets like an 7-8 point drop, and Tom Brady gets injured the whole season and gets a 1 point drop.

Just my 2 cents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 03:41 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Ratings question.

i agree and im a brady fan. i have no idea where ea gets there ratings from but some of thing are just bogus. i mean brady isnt gonna suck this year but i think not playing a whole season shud do more than 1 point of damage to his ratings. or if anything merriman shud have only lost 1 point as well
Old 08-06-2009, 05:00 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Ratings question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsd123
I was wondering if someone could explain to me how Big Ben has a 93 overall.

I was also wondering how Donovan McNabb got a 91 overall.

And I really question why Phillip Rivers only got an 89 overall.

Phillip Rivers had the best season out of all of these QBs, heck he did better than Peyton Manning!

I understand most people say "Oh, well he has LT and a really good defense", but that doesn't apply this season, LT was beaten up and the defense was horrible.

Big Ben has the best defense and a good running game, so I don't how a guy that gets 17 TDs 15 INT, 3300 Yards, 470 Attempts and an 80 passer rating is rated 93 overall.

Phillip had 9 more attempts and 700 more yards. He also had twice as many TDs and 4 less picks. Not to mention a whopping 25 higher passer rating.

If it was not for Rivers, the chargers would not have made the playoffs, they would probably be 6 and 10. I am pretty sure Billy Volek (yes, the chargers backup) could have won the superbowl with the steelers and had the same record.

Just kind of makes me mad...

Same with how Shawne Merriman was injured the whole season, he gets like an 7-8 point drop, and Tom Brady gets injured the whole season and gets a 1 point drop.

Just my 2 cents.
Ben got a 93 overall because he's behind the Steelers offensive line. Anybody that can throw (or even hand off) the ball with that crew deserves at least a 90. And no... Billy Volek (nor Peyton Manning for that matter) could have done much of anything with our sorry *** offensive line. Granted they did start showing improvement toward the end of the season, they improved to being a bad offensive line instead of a terrible one. Ben's accuracy is a miracle considering every pass he attempts he has to do so while running for his life.

And uhh... the Steelers have a good running game? What we have is a very unstable running game due to Parker's injuries, not a good one. The Chargers have a good running game regardless of who's playing because of a starting-caliber backup and a solid line regardless of who has the ball, a luxury the Steelers don't have (Mendenhall & Moore aren't awful, but they're no Sproles, not even close).

Now, I agree that Philips is underrated, but hating on accurately rated QBs to prove the point ain't the way to get things done. I woulda just swapped Philip's & Donovan's ratings myself, they'd be about right there.

And if you'll take a closer examination at the stats, you'll notice Ben's don't come from superior accuracy nor power. He's acurately rated in that hes strong, quite aware of his playing field, speedy for a QB, good at play action passes, and great at throwing on the run. Other than those statistics, hes just above average in accuracy and has a pretty nice arm on him.

The only reason Rivers is so "low" on Madden is because he too is pretty acurately rated. Hes neither fast, nor strong. He shouldn't even consider throwing on the run (nor does he have to most of the time) and he has no reason to run play action passes. Why is his rating in real life so high? Because he's accurate as hell. It's the same way in madden. His mid and short range accuracy are insane, but he couldn't throw a deep ball to save his life. The fact that he doesn't have a powerful arm kills his rating. If he worked on his throwing power, his overall would be right there with Ben's or slightly above.

EA ****s up alot of ratings (Lawrence Timmons is about 10 points shy on his speed stat alone, heh) but for the guys you've mentioned they've got things right.

If it makes you feel any better, I wish our Ben had his kind of accuracy. Being I like short to medium range passes, I'd love to have someone like rivers. With that said, Rivers is a bit too slow for me.

Last edited by Poetique; 08-06-2009 at 05:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »