Home

Official OS Vick ratings

This is a discussion on Official OS Vick ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2009, 03:10 PM   #17
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Official OS Vick ratings

QB ratings in Madden sucks this year. He shouldn't be over 65 OVR.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:17 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 17

http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames...ory?id=4399922

I think they are pretty decent ratings for basically a shot in the dark.

It's been reported that he hasn't lost a step, as he ran a 4.4 a week after he got out of jail. It's also obvious that he has added some strength, as they reported his upper body looks bulkier, which will help him in the running game.

Only thing that should raise any flags are his accuracy and his awareness ratings, which both have significantly decreased. They'll probably monitor Vick pretty closely and update him throughout the season.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:33 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Apparently Vick still his his cannon and was apparently throwing lasers in practice see this article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090815/..._eagles_vick_9

As for ratings, some of you guys and EA are really underestimating Vick's raw skill. He was a 3 time Pro-bowl QB for god sake. I agree his awareness should take a hit and all accuracy should be dropped by -5 that's it. So my ratings would be as follows:

Spd. 95 - 4.4 40yd dash the week after getting out of prison that's top 5% speed in the NFL.

Agi. 95 - He's born with this ability, unless he's forty or morbidly obese he won't lose this ability. Vick's ability to move is pure instinct.

Acc. 95 - I'm sure at top speed he could break away from any secondary in the league even now.

Thp. 95 - Also god given ability, he's always had a cannon and as referenced in the article above he still has it. Arm strength is always the last thing to go.

Ths. 82 - Short passes meaning from 5yds to 10yds. He's a 3 time Pro-Bowl QB if he wasn't able to throw short passes he would have been a bust and out of the league a long time ago.

Thm. 77 - Medium range passes take a hit here as in fast pace game conditions decision making and overconfidence in arm strength might lead to forced throws.

Thd. 72 - Vick has a cannon, and unless hit while throwing he rarely underthrows a deep ball. He actually has a tendency to overthrow WRs on deep routes. Vick lacked "touch" on deep balls that was always his problem throwing deep.

Otr .80 - This is where Vick excelled, running outside of the pocket and hitting WR's on the run. This is were he was most dangerous. He was essentially Freddy Krueger in cleats as he was a Defensive Coordinators worst nightmare outside the pocket. You can't gameplan for Vick outside the pocket. But this is lowered because awareness is tied into this rating as well. When Vick moves outside of the pocket it was "football instinct". Whether these "football instincts" are still sharp, is yet to be seen.

Overall Rating: 78

Last edited by arden_05; 08-16-2009 at 12:40 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:25 PM   #20
Rookie

Check_1's Arena

OVR: 2

Looking at Maddens 07 ratings he was rated a 91. (Spd - 93, Acc - 94, Str - 55, Agi - 95, Awr - 77, Thrw Pwr - 96, Thrw Acc - 79)

Looking at that and knowing that he's been away I'd say say Speed and Agility dropped 3-5 points simply because he gotten older. 30 year olds don't run like 20 year olds. The biggest drop should be in Awareness and Accuracy. I would still put him as an 77-80 overall. He was an All-Pro QB. If another 90 rated QB got injured and missed 2 years they would'nt drop to a 65...
Old 08-16-2009, 04:56 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check_1
Looking at Maddens 07 ratings he was rated a 91. (Spd - 93, Acc - 94, Str - 55, Agi - 95, Awr - 77, Thrw Pwr - 96, Thrw Acc - 79)

Looking at that and knowing that he's been away I'd say say Speed and Agility dropped 3-5 points simply because he gotten older. 30 year olds don't run like 20 year olds. The biggest drop should be in Awareness and Accuracy. I would still put him as an 77-80 overall. He was an All-Pro QB. If another 90 rated QB got injured and missed 2 years they would'nt drop to a 65...
Exactly. Overall should be between 77-80. They (EA) grossly underrated him. Yes, what he did was horrible but it seems as if they are reflecting that in his overall rating. I guarantee if he went to prison for a similar time for a less horrendous offense he would be given a higher rating. Seriously if and when Donte Stallworth is reinstated (sometime next year/season) and his rating isn't lowered for killing a human being the same way Vick's rating has decreased then something is wrong with this picture.

I just don't understand why the same outrage or more isn't given to Stallworth? People should be picketing and protesting the Browns front office to release him from the team as he killed someone. Where is the human version of PETA?

Anyway when the roster is released everyone can give him what they feel are accurate ratings. I hope they give him an accurate face in game. I know they have his custom face from the last Madden Vick was in. I hope they at least get that right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 05:45 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by realultimatepower
It was 85. He's been out of the league two years. I'd say his throw OTR is more like 78-80.
I think a lot of these are too high.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:10 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by chawksftw
I think a lot of these are too high.
I agree in a lot of instances, but not throwing on the run... If Vick doesn't get a high OTR rating, no one should.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:21 PM   #24
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

I bet Vick still has the strongest arm in the league. He's 29 not 39.

I'd give him a 99 THP. He's still a freak of nature.

The Eagles offense is going to be sick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »