Home

krulmichael's OFFICIAL Madden NFL 10 Roster Updates Thread (PS3 ONLY)

This is a discussion on krulmichael's OFFICIAL Madden NFL 10 Roster Updates Thread (PS3 ONLY) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2009, 04:59 PM   #1
MVP

krulmichael's Arena

OVR: 17
krulmichael's OFFICIAL Madden NFL 10 Roster Updates Thread (PS3 ONLY)

Hey Guys,

After taking a year off of doing rosters (for NCAA Football & Madden), I'm back at it again this year for Madden 10. Really excited for this year as well seeing as Madden is pretty awesome this year. I'm addicted to it again, lol. Another good thing is that roster editing is getting better again as the years go by. Although you still can't edit a players height/weight, face, etc. you still have a good amount of options to work with. So with that said, alot of guys know what kind of rosters I had back in the PS2 days and I got alot of good feedback from em, so I encourage guys that haven't tried my roster to do so and let me know what you think.

Now as for the first set of rosters, I'm going to wait until EA's next update (which I heard is coming out this Tuesday, August 18th) in which Michael Vick is slated to be on the Eagles roster. Hoping he has his picture and all that good stuff. Once that update drops I will begin working on my rosters.

I've posted instructions for those of you who don't know how to transfer files from your PC to your PS3 below:

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ASKING HOW TO GET THE ROSTERS ON YOUR PS3!

First off you'll need a memory stick/flash drive...create a folder within the memory stick/flash drive called "PS3"!! Within that folder create a folder called "SAVEDATA" from there you save the downloaded roster in the "SAVEDATA" folder & insert the memory stick/flash drive into 1 of the 4 front USB ports of your PS3 & access the roster from your PS3's main menu...you'll see "USB Device"!! It's so easy!!

Create Folder on your Flash Drive: "PS3"
Create Folder Within the "PS3" Folder: "SAVEDATA"
Unzip the Downloaded Roster to "SAVEDATA" Folder.
Connect flash drive to your PS3, press triangle on the "USB" folder in game data,
Copy & Save!!

Here's A video tutorial of how to transfer the roster onto your PS3 thanks too tregregins.

krulmichael's Madden NFL 10 Roster Features
  • Updated Transactions
  • Updated Depth Charts
  • Updated Equipment
  • Updated Player Positions
  • Updated Jersey Numbers
  • QB's Throwing Styles (Backups as well) Updated

Finally, you guys know that if you have any suggestions or what not about the rosters or whatever, by all means, please post them, anything to help out, for instance, like correct jersey numbers or what you think a backup QB's throwing style should be etc. Although I look things up myself, I can sometimes miss a few things here and there (I'm only human), and any help makes my life a little easier.

That's about it for now, so, if anyone has any questions or what not, by all means, please ask.

Last edited by krulmichael; 09-11-2009 at 12:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 04:59 PM   #2
MVP

krulmichael's Arena

Re: krulmichael's OFFICIAL Madden NFL 10 Roster Updates Thread (PS3 ONLY)

Latest Update

Version 1 (Opening Day)

Version 1 Notes
  • First and foremost, lemme just say that I don't expect everyone to agree with certain things I did with the roster, which is completely fine. You can edit the rosters to your liking before you start your franchise (of course, if you are looking to distribute them online, make sure to give me credit for the base set).
  • For players that are on IR or injured in real life, but aren't in the game, I still have them listed as the starter because the majority of us that are using this roster are using it for franchise mode. So for that reason, I have them starting because I don't want their player morale to drop by the end of the year and then demand a trade or to be cut simply cause they didn't play at all. The lone exception to that rule is 49ers WR Michael Crabtree which we all know bout his situation. He's still on the 49ers roster, but not listed on the depth chart. Tough decision to make for me, but you can put him in before you start your franchise if you want.
  • Not ALL 53 players are on each roster. There may be 2-3 missing, but that should be max and that was simply to save players (the ones missing aren't starters).
  • Since you can only create 11 players this year without a glitch happening that makes them disappear, I turned FA's into other players. That means some guys will have pics of people that they aren't, but the way I did it was trying to go by skin color, height, weight, and age. So most players should match up pretty well, albeit not exact. It'll have to suffice though.
  • When looking at the player management screen, you'll probably see alot of offensive lineman, defensive lineman, linebackers, and some safety's that'll be at the wrong position (ie. a guy that's LG in the game, but plays RG in real life). Don't worry bout it too much as I went through every teams depth chart and they are starting in their correct spots.
  • There's maybe 3-4 exceptions of players that aren't on a team anymore that I simply couldn't release (mostly because their centers or defensive tackles).
  • Didn't get to all backup QB's throwing styles in this update, hopefully I'll take the time to do that in future updates (although don't expect them all to happen in one update).
  • Jets Starting SS Jim Leonhard is at FS so he can be KR/PR. For some odd reason, EA won't allow you to put a SS at KR/PR this year. Weird.

Last edited by krulmichael; 09-11-2009 at 01:25 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:35 PM   #3
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Can you transfer files via a USB Flash drive in Madden? In NCAA you couldn't.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:39 PM   #4
Rookie

PhillsPhan26's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by krulmichael
Hey Guys,

After taking a year off of doing rosters (for NCAA Football & Madden), I'm back at it again this year for Madden 10. Really excited for this year as well seeing as Madden is pretty awesome this year. I'm addicted to it again, lol. Another good thing is that roster editing is getting better again as the years go by. Although you still can't edit a players height/weight, face, etc. you still have a good amount of options to work with. So with that said, alot of guys know what kind of rosters I had back in the PS2 days and I got alot of good feedback from em, so I encourage guys that haven't tried my roster to do so and let me know what you think.

Now as for the first set of rosters, I'm going to wait until EA's next update (which I heard is coming out this Tuesday, August 18th) in which Michael Vick is slated to be on the Eagles roster. Hoping he has his picture and all that good stuff. Once that update drops I will begin working on my rosters.

I've posted instructions for those of you who don't know how to transfer files from your PC to your PS3 below:

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ASKING HOW TO GET THE ROSTERS ON YOUR PS3!

First off you'll need a memory stick/flash drive...create a folder within the memory stick/flash drive called "PS3"!! Within that folder create a folder called "SAVEDATA" from there you save the downloaded roster in the "SAVEDATA" folder & insert the memory stick/flash drive into 1 of the 4 front USB ports of your PS3 & access the roster from your PS3's main menu...you'll see "USB Device"!! It's so easy!!

Create Folder on your Flash Drive: "PS3"
Create Folder Within the "PS3" Folder: "SAVEDATA"
Unzip the Downloaded Roster to "SAVEDATA" Folder.
Connect flash drive to your PS3, press triangle on the "USB" folder in game data,
Copy & Save!!

Here's A video tutorial of how to transfer the roster onto your PS3 thanks too nick84therock.

krulmichael's Madden NFL 10 Roster Features

• Updated Transactions
  • Updated Depth Charts
  • Updated Equipment
  • Updated Player Positions
  • Updated Jersey Numbers
  • QB's Throwing Styles (Backups as well) Updated

Finally, you guys know that if you have any suggestions or what not about the rosters or whatever, by all means, please post them, anything to help out, for instance, like correct jersey numbers or what you think a backup QB's throwing style should be etc. Although I look things up myself, I can sometimes miss a few things here and there (I'm only human), and any help makes my life a little easier.

That's about it for now, so, if anyone has any questions or what not, by all means, please ask.
What are you useing to read the roster files?
Old 08-16-2009, 11:30 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 10

Does anybody have some ncaa draft class files I can transfer into my PS3?

EDIT: nevermind, just read up about the lame "no transfer" from ncaa10 to madden unless you have the game :/

Last edited by buttsakk; 08-17-2009 at 01:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 11:04 AM   #6
Rookie

stupidsuck's Arena

OVR: 4

Krul, where did you see the Vick update coming on the 18th? everything I've seen said 19th?

looking forward to your rosters, i've used them in the past on ps2 and loved them
Old 08-17-2009, 06:42 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Nice, I'll be waiting for these to start my franchise.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:49 PM   #8
MVP

krulmichael's Arena

I see that the update has come out. I'm headed to class right now (first day), but I'll get home round 4:30 EST, I'll download the update and get started. Once again, I encourage you guys to give all the help you can bout your times. Makes my life a little more easier.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »