Home

generated draft classes make franchise no fun

This is a discussion on generated draft classes make franchise no fun within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 11:43 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 23
Re: generated draft classes make franchise no fun

Bottom line is that you should all use the NCAA imported classes. Yes some players are way to low. But heres the deal: I would rather the players be too low than too high. Stop complaining before they revert it back to what it was like last year, Where Beanie Wells would come in a 97 overall as a rookie. Lol
Old 08-19-2009, 07:00 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
I guess I see the opposite being true (which is why I no longer buy ncaa). It rarely took me over 3 years to be a perenial bowl team, and once I reached the top ten, I NEVER fell from that because recruiting became so easy that I essentially had a team of superstars (ala USC).

In Madden you can't just pick whatever player you want, because you only have so many picks, and where you pick is dependent on your season record. To each his own ... I just found NCAA WAY too easy after the first three years.
u kinda missed my point. first i didnt say it was hard to be a perenial bowl team. Heck, all u gotta do is win 6 gms and u in a bowl. Im talkin about a BCS bowl and even better, a national championship shot.

Second, how do u play ur seasons? what I mean is, do u play all games or sim some? my set up is play 1, sim 2. u gotta build the team up to win when u dont play with them. we all know in the world of college football u can lose one game and there go ur hopes of a title shot. u can win every game durng the season and conference champ and still not get a title shot i.e. Boise State of 2007 and Utah of 2008.

as for draft picks, i could win the superbowl and then have the number 1 pick in the upcoming draft; and have about 3 first round picks. Too easy. I like NCAA for the challenge of tryin to be champs. but im just expressin my opinion, to each his own.

God bless....
Old 08-20-2009, 12:40 PM   #19
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I just went through my first generated draft. My best player is a LE, 80 overall. He was a real surprise. That being said, several players I was confident would be winners have turned out to be rather mediocre. Sure, they have "A" potential, but some are just "meh." I drafted a QB who turned out to be a 74 overall. I picked him up in the 4th round. But my first round pick? A 68 overall. Second round? 69 overall. The interesting draft pick was my 7th rounder. He's 54 overall, but has an A potential. I'm curious to see if I can't cultivate the kid into something solid.

Sure, I can see their potential. But my scout team got some things wrong. By no means was I able to stack up my team with thoroughbred football players.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:49 PM   #20
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Yeah I've had like 1 draft where it was an amazing draft and that was my first draft. Since then, I just pick like 3 or 4 positions that I scout during the year, and then I just gotta try to use the skill charts for the rest of the picks, which is pretty much hit or miss. I drafted a dude that I had scouted with 90 run block and 84 pass block, the highest I've ever seen for a guy I scouted, so I waited the whole draft and took him finally in the 5th. 63 overall with D potential
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-20-2009, 02:34 PM   #21
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17

To me that little attribute graph during the draft is what gives it away. I have only done one draft so far, but i dont think scouting has anything to do with that graph. You can basically see what the ratings are going to be before you draft anyone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 06:17 PM   #22
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejake
To me that little attribute graph during the draft is what gives it away. I have only done one draft so far, but i dont think scouting has anything to do with that graph. You can basically see what the ratings are going to be before you draft anyone.
I'd be careful trusting that fully. Sure, you get an idea, but I've been fooled by that before.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:54 AM   #23
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I'd be careful trusting that fully. Sure, you get an idea, but I've been fooled by that before.
Thats good to know. I was hoping it wasn't 100% accurate, especially for guys you haven't scouted.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:31 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 36

First of all, the attribute graph can be decieving. I've got a WR who had a huge pentagon in the attribute graph and ran a 4.28 and he was 59 overall. And if you can win a Super Bowl in 3 years with the Bengals you need to up your difficulty.I seriously doubt your team is as stacked as the Patriots. And are you using Salary CAP because that makes a big difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »