Home

New to Exporting Draft Class from NCAA 10: Questions

This is a discussion on New to Exporting Draft Class from NCAA 10: Questions within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2009, 10:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon5 New to Exporting Draft Class from NCAA 10: Questions

Hi there,

I just rented NCAA 10 (PS3) but I'm new in the importing/exporting draft class process to madden 10 so I have a few questions. I've tried googling it and using the search button but can't seem to find a thread about this.

I've googled how to export from ncaa and import to madden so I know how to do that. Sim a season, see who's leaving, save file to hard drive, go to madden load on franchise after pre season. But, how many years of draft class can I get from NCAA? and do I have to always do it in those steps for each draft class year?

This is the first time that I've played an NCAA football game and to my surprise in quickplay, players have no names (#16 and etc). I went to Career mode and it asks if I wanted it make up names? Chose yes and when I look at the depth chart ie. gators or oklahoma I don't see pryor, tebow or mccoy all I see is buncha people I don't know. If I do the NCAA draft class export will madden automatically make those players names? pryor, mccoy and etc..?

Is it when people in forums talk about downloading roster names from PSN for their NCAA is what this is all about?

Please fill me in on this

Thanks,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 11:29 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: New to Exporting Draft Class from NCAA 10: Questions

yes you have to save the draft class from each season as a separate file. the default names are draftclass1, 2, 3, etc. I normally rename them to the draft year. so my first ncaa season i save the class as class11, then 12, and so on. you have to choose from a list in madden on which class you want to upload, so this avoids confusion. otherwise you could load in a single draft class year after year, resulting in multiple of the same players.

ncaa has amature players, so their names cannot be in the game. so by default they just have their numbers. if you auto name, all the game does is supply a random first and last name for each player from its name database. if you want the real names, use ea locker, and download from a person who has a named roster uploaded. if you go to the ncaa roster forum here, you can find a psn user id that has completed rosters, and download from that user name.

madden does no converting names. it just takes the name they had in ncaa. so if you left them as numbers, thats what they will be in madden.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:14 PM   #3
Rookie

elliottcarbone's Arena

OVR: 7

tovarich999 has real good rosters for ps3 of course
NCAA BB: Miami Hurricanes
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes

National Champions

1983, 1987, 1989, 1991, 2001

Old 08-22-2009, 11:35 AM   #4
Rookie

Thanks for all the info guys, really appreciate it I exported 6 years of NCAA draft class, though I believe the last 2 years have no real college players in it anymore. Really time consuming though, simming through the season in ncaa takes forever
Old 08-22-2009, 04:29 PM   #5
Rookie

razcan's Arena

OVR: 9

Host the first class in your EA locker!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2009, 02:42 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 14

I'm simming a ncaa season right now ... how do I save draft classes in ncaa?

Thanks
Old 08-23-2009, 04:10 AM   #7
Rookie

In the off-season, click on 'players that are leaving', press the start button (as if you're trying to sim through it), it will ask right away if you want to save/export your save file to your hard drive. done.

CFL: B.C. Lions
NFL: San Diego Chargers
NHL: Vancouver Canucks
Old 12-15-2009, 05:30 PM   #8
Rookie

saintsalltheway123's Arena

hey do you think i can use one of your gamertags for xbox360 to use to get the draft roster. None of my friends have it. not to like sign on to it, like put u as a friend and use your roster

Last edited by saintsalltheway123; 12-15-2009 at 07:53 PM. Reason: so they dont think i want their gamertag and password

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »