Home

Chicago Bears Roster Updates

This is a discussion on Chicago Bears Roster Updates within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2009, 07:35 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Chicago Bears Roster Updates

Kellen Davis does NOT need to be created. He is in the free agents (with picture). you just have to add him. He is like 64 OVR.

Birdman, to each his own on the ratings, but i put Haine up there, because he has been very productive in the preseason, albeit against 2nd & 3rd teamers, but he definately has potential, (62-64 is about right IMO). Alfalava has done nothing but impress since he arrived.....shoot he is fighting for a starting job. I think (70) is always a decent rating for an incoming rookie....and he is doing a better job than decent.

Hester as a 75, again there is potential. I know there is a "potential grade", but you know what i mean. I think many people would agree he would be a decent #2 reciever or an AWESOME #3 reciever. You dont think a great #3 reciever should be around (75)?

I agree Dvorcek gets removed, and then i am not sure who to add. the game allows to keep 55 players. Do we add back Jason Davis (FB), Brett Basanez (QB), or who?

Someone want to list their roster....i would but still at work.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:41 PM   #10
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman18
Some of these ratings changes, I personally dont agree with... Haine has never played a professional game, and so far his preseason stats are against 2nd and 3rd string players... not a good measuring stick.. I moved forte's speed to an 89, and moved his acceleration up to around 94-95...Dvoracek is hurt for the year, so he needs to be removed..having hester at a 75 is too high as well.. he hasnt had more than 60 catches a season and is still learning the position... afalava has only played in preseason so its hard to give him a 70... i like bowmans rating at a 72... he has impressed against #1 players, unlike the rest of the people you mentioned..
You can't use the logic of "haven't played a professional game yet" because by that logic none of the rookies would be higher than a 50 since they haven't played a professional game yet.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:38 PM   #11
Flyin' High

Birdman18's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy316
You can't use the logic of "haven't played a professional game yet" because by that logic none of the rookies would be higher than a 50 since they haven't played a professional game yet.

actually, you can... these guys werent like they were drafted in the first few rounds..they are all 2nd day picks.. you can at least give the 1-3 rounders a chance of either starting, or being #2's on the depth chart and rate them accordingly.. unfortunately, i dont believe any of the later round draft picks we have, to end up producing like marques colston did his rookie year coming out of the 7th round... let these guys play first and then we can adjust as we go.. i'm thinking more of at this point right now, as in august 24th...i'm a diehard bears fan like everyone else here, i'm just being a little more realistic with the rooks...guys like stafford, sanchez, and aaron curry are going to start right away (maybe not stafford) and have a huge impact, because they were the cream of the crop of the collegiate schools...just my 2 cents on rookie ratings...

Boilerfan - yes, afalava is competing for the starting position.. keep in mind, manning has been nursing injuries damn near the entire summer and kevin payne has been incosistent to say the least.. more than likely, it will be a combo of either manning, payne, and steltz that ends up starting at the safety positions.. thats the weakest part of the D, so i would leave those guys alone as far as ratings go... thats just me.. as far as hester, i just have a hard time believing he would be a solid #2 for anyone in the league that has a halfway decent WR corp... he would be no better than a 3 in minnesota, GB, and Detroit... #2 maybe in San Fran, but a #3 almost every other team...

my starters in my franchise..btw, i traded some picks and alex brown for Lee Evans to boost my WR's

Jay C
Forte
L.Evans, hester, bennet
olsen, clark
pace
omiyale
krutz
garza
shaffer

D

M.anderson
harrison for running downs, gilbert for passing
t.harris
ogunleye
briggs
urlacher
tino
tillman, vasher, bowman
manning
Payne
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 02:45 AM   #12
MVP

CWSpalehoseCWS's Arena

I don't think you will need to add Basanez. I really could see the Bears going with 2 QB's. Plus he hasn't exactly played a lot pre-season wise.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:25 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Bears will go with 2 QB's and 6 DT's.

No way you can keep Basanez after his performance. If the unthinkable happens, you can easily address that in FA.

I'm waiting until the final roster, after depth charts are announced. Gotten used to waiting for MLB the show to gets its act together.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:28 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

I am going to wait to make any trades or other acquisitions until after i start my dynasty and the first year will be only if injury....then after that it is all game.

I agree that you cant judge rooks by preseason, but i also disagree that they should all be extremely low. I think you have to compare them to where they are at. AA IS COMPETING for starting job, the DB coach has admitted that they may be having a 3-man rotation (Manning, Payne, AA). None of them are amazing (i think i have Manning at 75, Payne at 72 and AA at 70). I think those are all legit. But obvisouly, this is what i think. You all do you dynasty and rosters how you want, i do mine how i want. I do like the feed back with depth and ratings talk overall.

Still trying to figure out what to do with last roster spot (maybe i just leave it open) after i release Dvorcek. maybe i will keep him, because his injury was in preseason, and the franchise starts before preseason. I kinda want to add DA at WR but that would be 7 WR....that is too many.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:08 PM   #15
Flyin' High

Birdman18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilerfan1509
I am going to wait to make any trades or other acquisitions until after i start my dynasty and the first year will be only if injury....then after that it is all game.

I agree that you cant judge rooks by preseason, but i also disagree that they should all be extremely low. I think you have to compare them to where they are at. AA IS COMPETING for starting job, the DB coach has admitted that they may be having a 3-man rotation (Manning, Payne, AA). None of them are amazing (i think i have Manning at 75, Payne at 72 and AA at 70). I think those are all legit. But obvisouly, this is what i think. You all do you dynasty and rosters how you want, i do mine how i want. I do like the feed back with depth and ratings talk overall.

Still trying to figure out what to do with last roster spot (maybe i just leave it open) after i release Dvorcek. maybe i will keep him, because his injury was in preseason, and the franchise starts before preseason. I kinda want to add DA at WR but that would be 7 WR....that is too many.

The only thing you can really go by are what the draft pundits say, what they are doing in practice now, and what they did in college... I'm just using the logic that in the preseason, yeah he could very well start, but doesnt necessarily make anyone above a 70.. In Afalava's case, its more of awareness that drives his overall rating down..not really his other skill sets... as far as dusty goes, i left him on my team deep on the depth chart and plan on releasing him after year 1... gilberts potential is too high to not have him playing and harrison is just too damn big and strong to not be out there stopping the run..so i rotate those two in depending on down and formation..i plan on drafting another DT, or possibly moving to the 3-4 for a challenge
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 04:18 PM   #16
Pro

Figment's Arena

OVR: 11

Hey guys, I kinda got tired of waiting on EA for the roster update so I made a Lance Louis cap myself. Since he was a tight end most of his career in college and then switched to guard only his senior year I figured he would be great for goal line formations out at tight end and so I had to do something myself. Note I am not a professional CAP maker this is just the guy I made, take it or leave it put your opinion, I don't really care just putting it out there for you guys.

PLAYER INFO
First Name: Lance
Last Name: Louis
Position: LT
Team: Bears
Number: #60
Handedness: Right (couldn't find it so I left him right)
Birthday: 25 April 1985
Hometown: New Orleans, Louisiana (birth town)

APPEARANCE
Height:6'3"
Weight: 305 lbs
Skin Tone:5
Face: 11
Arm Size: 60%
Arm Definition: 70%
Chest Size: 30%
Belly Size: 15%
Rear Size: 40%
Thigh Size: 15%
Calf Size: 60%
Feet Size: 50%

STYLES
All Generic (For QB Only)

EQUIPMENT (If it is not listed it is default/none)
Helmet Type: Revolution
Face Mask: Revo Full Cage
Left/Right Wrist: Taped Wrists Lite
Left/Right Hand: Main SC
Thigh/Knee Pads: Small
Shoes: OL Hi Top

RATINGS
LT/TE OVR: 63/80
STR: 87
AGI: 74
SPD: 74
ACC: 74
AWR: 50
CAT: 70
CAR: 67
THP: 20
KPW: 24
KAC: 22
TKL: 58
PBK: 76
RBK: 84
JMP: 72
RET: 20
TRK: 75
ELU: 40
BCV: 50
SFA: 67
SPM: 43
JKM: 45
IBL: 60
RBS: 77
RBF: 75
PBS: 75
PBF: 70
PMV: 20
FMV: 30
BSH: 33
PUR: 35
PRC: 31
MCV: 29
ZCV: 26
SPC: 70
CIT: 78
RTE: 61
POW: 25
PRS: 15
RLS: 70
SAC: 15
MAC: 10
DAC: 05
RUN: 10
PAC: 05
INJ: 92
STA: 81
TGH: 95

He seems to be a little inflated at tight end but I feel that I made him fair. Any suggestions please post them and try and back if up with stats and facts but this is my CAP for you guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »