Home

Generated or Imported draft classes?

This is a discussion on Generated or Imported draft classes? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2009, 03:20 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
Generated or Imported draft classes?

Now that many of you have had the game a for a week or two, I'm just curious on opinions pertaining to draft classes. Have most of you decided to go with NCAA imported classes, or are you finding the generated classes to be more realistic and enjoyable because of the gem/bust aspect?

Appreciate any and all opinions!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2009, 01:56 PM   #2
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Generated or Imported draft classes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
Now that many of you have had the game a for a week or two, I'm just curious on opinions pertaining to draft classes. Have most of you decided to go with NCAA imported classes, or are you finding the generated classes to be more realistic and enjoyable because of the gem/bust aspect?

Appreciate any and all opinions!
I've seen reports of problems with the NCAA 10 draft classes with ratings. I've seen reports of pretty good classes from the CPU generated classes. However, I personally haven't tried any yet.

I'm still tweaking the rosters from NCAA 10 that DK & company have made. I normally don't use the CPU generated classes because I like the true-to-life classes that make it more realistic. Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 08-23-2009, 01:58 PM   #3
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

I personally use NCAA imported rosters because i am also a huge college football fan and like to have real players in the game. Makes it a little more fun to draft for me verses picking random fake people.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:29 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
I've seen reports of problems with the NCAA 10 draft classes with ratings. I've seen reports of pretty good classes from the CPU generated classes. However, I personally haven't tried any yet.

I'm still tweaking the rosters from NCAA 10 that DK & company have made. I normally don't use the CPU generated classes because I like the true-to-life classes that make it more realistic. Thanks!
Can you post back in this thread, when you import a class and actually complete the draft?? I rented NCAA and played the best roster available at that time, but when imported to Madden, the problems occur. Im just curious to see what YOU do to those NCAA roster you speak of and how they affect your Madden class.

You may like this as well, but THE one player I will always draft in my 9ers franchise is Sir Eric Berry, but the highest I have gotten him ratings wise was a 72... thanks
Old 08-24-2009, 02:53 AM   #5
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

I use Imported draft classes, but what i'm noticing is the later years from the default rosters (I have years 2009 - 2012 saved, unchanged ratings) is that with the increase in ratings due to progression in NCAA(Using the 2012 class), the guys in the top ten end up coming in way inflated, and the first 14 are all over 80. Top guy in the class was an 89 rated FS. I also checked all the picks from the first two rounds and there doesn't seem to be any busts at all, and all have a B potential.

I think the issue seems to be too many high 90 OVR players(counted a good 20 or so 99 OVR in the class of 2012) in NCAA it doesn't seem to generate any busts and over inflates the important ratings (yet it STILL drops speed....go figure)I want to do another 5 or 6 years once the original roster is wiped and only have created players left in the pool to see results, since year one was manageable.

still no gems or busts though that i've come across...grrr....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 09:35 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
I use Imported draft classes, but what i'm noticing is the later years from the default rosters (I have years 2009 - 2012 saved, unchanged ratings) is that with the increase in ratings due to progression in NCAA(Using the 2012 class), the guys in the top ten end up coming in way inflated, and the first 14 are all over 80. Top guy in the class was an 89 rated FS. I also checked all the picks from the first two rounds and there doesn't seem to be any busts at all, and all have a B potential.

I think the issue seems to be too many high 90 OVR players(counted a good 20 or so 99 OVR in the class of 2012) in NCAA it doesn't seem to generate any busts and over inflates the important ratings (yet it STILL drops speed....go figure)I want to do another 5 or 6 years once the original roster is wiped and only have created players left in the pool to see results, since year one was manageable.

still no gems or busts though that i've come across...grrr....
No gems and busts certainly takes away from the draft experience, which I why I'd like to try the generated classes. I saved four ncaa classes this weekend just in case I decide to use them, but I haven't made my mind up yet.

I just hate how EA gave the corny names to the generated "studs" ... kind of makes some of them a give away during the draft? Oh well at least we can change the names to something more realistic afterwards.

Sounds like scouting is very effective with generated classes, I wonder if that's the case with ncaa classes too?
Old 08-24-2009, 09:53 PM   #7
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
No gems and busts certainly takes away from the draft experience, which I why I'd like to try the generated classes. I saved four ncaa classes this weekend just in case I decide to use them, but I haven't made my mind up yet.

I just hate how EA gave the corny names to the generated "studs" ... kind of makes some of them a give away during the draft? Oh well at least we can change the names to something more realistic afterwards.

Sounds like scouting is very effective with generated classes, I wonder if that's the case with ncaa classes too?
Forum posters have said that scouting is important with this years drafting experience. I've not gotten that far yet. I'm really a roster freak & waiting for DK to get them good enough for me with recent changes. Of course, this is with the NCAA imported rosters & not CPU generated rosters. Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 08-25-2009, 01:43 AM   #8
Flyin' High

Birdman18's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Mig_11
Can you post back in this thread, when you import a class and actually complete the draft?? I rented NCAA and played the best roster available at that time, but when imported to Madden, the problems occur. Im just curious to see what YOU do to those NCAA roster you speak of and how they affect your Madden class.

You may like this as well, but THE one player I will always draft in my 9ers franchise is Sir Eric Berry, but the highest I have gotten him ratings wise was a 72... thanks

I read early on how the imported rosters from ncaa would get screwed up going into madden, but to be honest, i didnt see a problem after my draft... the best player overall was taylor mays(83) followed by gresham(82) bradford(80) and brandon spikes(79) Tebow ended up a 75, LeFevour was a 70.. the only strange thing i saw was a bunch of fullbacks in the draft and rated higher than normal.. i drafted the fb out of oklahoma in the 6th round and he was a 74 going into preseason

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »