Home

Micheal Crabtree

This is a discussion on Micheal Crabtree within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2009, 01:46 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 15
Re: Micheal Crabtree

Crabtree is a prime example of NFL rookies. Everybody thinks that they are owed something. I mean seriously... at this point it's ridiculous. He's screwed either way at this point. He won't have the team chemistry for the season, and he won't get more money because he trained hard for a year.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:54 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

I took him off the depth chart for the 9ers.

And if he sits out... I feel for him. Bo Jackson did the same thing. Look where that go him. First overall pick to a SEVENTH
Old 09-02-2009, 07:39 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 5

its al Al Davis fault!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 02:47 PM   #12
Rookie

I lowered certain attributes on ALL rookies due to the rapid progression in offline Franchise. Crabtree should take a hit even more so because he is going to be so far behind in the playbook studies and routes he will really be half way through the season before he does anythang at all. He will sign though...atleast I want to believe he is not stupid enough not to.

I have some openings in my Fantasy Football league, I have individual def. players, 2 divisions, 16 team max, playoffs week 14,15,16, 6 teams make the playoffs. Division winners get top seeds. Draft is Friday 7:30 pm. Thanks.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....guefootballmlf
Old 09-02-2009, 08:34 PM   #13
Rookie

nivek64's Arena

OVR: 4

Ahem Senior Whitebread!

In the case of Bo Jackson, let's not forget that he was drafter by a very bad Tampa Bay Bucs team whose owner Hugh Culverhouse did not want to pay for Doug Williams when his contract was up. Bo did the right thing in this case. Culverhouse was a tight wad, douche bag. He paid too much for Vinny Testerverde, and too little for Steve Young and Williams. Young and Williams go on to win the Super Bowl, Culverhouse sells the team, Testerverde is a journeyman QB. The Bucs only became great when the Glasers bought the team.

Know your history.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:05 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden81
its al Al Davis fault!

co-sign I thought the Heyward-Bey deal would be in the $28 million range total not $23 guaranteed.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:07 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Lower his Awareness (for all the missed practice & playing time), stamina (I'm sure he's working out, but he's not playing football which is a very different beast), and raise injury (you tend to see more injuries among holdouts for whatever reason; look at Andre Smith). THen drop him on the Depth chart to the very bottom. But you can't release him, the 49ers still own his rights until next years draft.

AS far as holding out, I doubt anything good can come of it. Maybe he can get into the UFL, I don't know their rules about signing players holding out from the NFL. Otherwise he's got a year out of football; ask Mike Williams how that worked out. It's not like when a position player in baseball, or hockey & basketball players hold out and go to an independent league or go overseas. His value won't go up. Guys will have a huge season in college this year, and teams will have to decide between a guy coming off a great college season or a guy who has great skills but hasn't played in a year. And you have to worry about signability now. If your picking in the middle of the first round, do you take a chance on a guy who wouldn't take the money for the 10 slot at 15? Do you bank on the fact that Crabtree almost can't hold out again? Do you hope you get a steal, that Crabtree comes in with a chip on his shoulder and plays at an incredible level?

Honestly, if he holds out all year, I think it's a career killing move.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2009, 04:19 AM   #16
Pro

Bruin26's Arena

OVR: 9

Heck no, I am pretending in my franchise he isn't as dumb as he is in the real world and am happily using him in my franchise.

This is one thing the NBA does better than most leagues. The way they pay rookies is great. No more guys holding out. Where you are picked means you are only making so much money no matter what. I love the salary structure they have for rookie contracts.

The odd thing is the 49ers over the years have never had trouble signing their guys they have always offered what slot says they probably should. So this is definitely on Crabtree.

Last edited by Bruin26; 09-05-2009 at 04:22 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »