Home

So when does the 53 man roster patch come out?

This is a discussion on So when does the 53 man roster patch come out? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2009, 11:51 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: So when does the 53 man roster patch come out?

i would just like all 53 players that made the team....is that too much to ask...im talkin long snappers too...they are part of the 53 !!!!

Washington Capitals
Old 09-07-2009, 12:29 AM   #34
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdublotothese
i would just like all 53 players that made the team....is that too much to ask...im talkin long snappers too...they are part of the 53 !!!!
In my opinion since they don't have a practice squad roster they should expand the the 53 limit so you can just carry those extra people on your normal roster. That would be an easy work around until they actually in some future game make a real practice squad roster.

I agree that Rookies on FA pool should not progress but I think its unfair that you lose draft picks that could get better or you might need for injuries just because you don't have that extra practice squad roster, not to mention they don't get any progression at all where as if they were actually on a practice squad they would get weekly practices with the team and be able to get some progression though maybe a bit less than the normal roster players.

I mean look how far NHL 2009 came by having the whole AHL farm team you can keep your players on and get them experience and progression. Would be great if Madden would get their act together and get closer to how the real NFL handles practice squad, injured reserve, waiver wires and so on.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:00 AM   #35
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

i still don't get how on a game with 55 man rosters, where the real limit is 53 they still can't get them correct. Thats atleast the entire 53 +2 PS guys.

(I know the limitations but i meant figureatively)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2009, 02:56 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 4

The requests for a PS still boggle my mind... totally. I mean, yeah it would be fun and realistic... but practice squad players are free agents that practice with a team. You want a practice squad, sign a guy before a game if you have injuries for the minimum(as a PS player would be rated in the 50's on average) and cut him afterwards. Because thats what PS guys do.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:06 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 5

SEPT 15th
Old 09-07-2009, 07:05 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Whitebread
The requests for a PS still boggle my mind... totally. I mean, yeah it would be fun and realistic... but practice squad players are free agents that practice with a team. You want a practice squad, sign a guy before a game if you have injuries for the minimum(as a PS player would be rated in the 50's on average) and cut him afterwards. Because thats what PS guys do.
i am a total advocate for the PS. however, some people have made great points in regards to the PS. being that they are really only free agents that practice on a particular team, it would be useless to include them as a PS player, unless Madden added the feature of learning the playbook as in Head Coach. now, for the preseason, hands down, there needs to be the ability to field an 80 player team. i'm ALL for getting rid of mini-games(i.e. virtual trainer) to create more space.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:41 AM   #39
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Whitebread
They were released on waivers yes. But when they are signed back to the PS they are no free agents that can be signed by another team, but they do practice every week with the normal team and can be called up from that to the full team or any one elses team. But the thing is you are not going to know how well those other players are doing on other teams as well as the ones on your own PS.

There is also a rule on who can be signed to a PS. You can't sign a 10 year vet to a PS for instance, there is an egibility requirement. See Rules here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scout_team

So they should get some progression with from that in my opinion though maybe a 1/3 of the normal. I mean how else are you going to develope this lower draft picks that a lot of times don't make it on the rosters of teams right at the start of seasons.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:58 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 5

It's best to wait until Thursday with all of the roster movement upcoming. The waiver wire is still being dug into.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »