Home

An honest question regarding ratings.....

This is a discussion on An honest question regarding ratings..... within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2009, 12:38 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
An honest question regarding ratings.....

...verily, who gives a crap?

Here is how it looks to me...you got mooks on one side screaming that their favorite backup TE is underrated, or the third center should be in the game "because he was awesome at the combine three years ago" or that some schmuck, just because a real world team is depleted and is forced to dig deep for players, should get a bump in stats because he is starting.

Unless the player has a D potential, you, the player, can raise these stats through play. C potentials max out at 79-80 and I have seen one of my "B"s max at 90. In Madden 10, THOSE ARE GOOD RATINGS. I don't want a team of 80s and 90s (it'd kill the cap). These are your favorite teams, right, play with the players you want, for christ sakes. WHO CARES IF YOU THINK THE BUCS ARE UNDERRATED. Just because you have high hopes for your middling team, does not make them good. I'M A DAMN BILLS FAN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD (plus I think the team was rated fairly, even Maybin being B potential because I am always wary of ex-Nittany Lions).

Your points of people being excluded, rosters being incorrect, and ratings being wrong are valid, but they are extremely nit-picky. Should I guy be 67 overall rather than a 63? A 74, AT LEAST, over a 71? Seriously, what? The computer doesn't even care about your favorite backup RT, as by Year 3 he is probably wiped off the roster and buried in FA.

How can you enjoy the game when you pick about Braylon Edwards catching rating or Rex Grossman's throw power? You can inundate the Madden folks all you want but seriously it is drivel. One thing I have learned through two decades of Madden is that regardless of which team you choose, if you are the better player, you will win.

I apologize for the derail but every year these ratings arguments and "oooh I need to contact Madden customer service immediately" are irksome. Flame on, dear OSers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2009, 08:52 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: An honest question regarding ratings.....

im a raider fan and i think russels deep throwing acc should be a 99! lol!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »