Home

Saints need much love...

This is a discussion on Saints need much love... within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2009, 12:56 PM   #1
Rookie

frnkpw13's Arena

OVR: 1
Saints need much love...

been a saints fan since the bobby hebert days (im 29) if you know him hehe. so we finally have a great offence with drew brees and colston,henderson,moore,meachem,shockey and the o line. not to forget mike bell.

offensive changes imo:

drew brees - 99
colston - 92
devery henderson - 85
robert meachem - 80
mike bell - AT LEAST a 79 like pierre thomas!

o line needs some love too give them a few points each!

d-line is ok

linebackers -
shanle - 78 at least.
(has stepped up big time in the last too games
with all the critics saying to replace him with brookes)

everything else looks ok, any changes u also think needs to be done to make them higher than a 77 overall?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2009, 08:24 PM   #2
Rookie

StumpyJones's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Saints need much love...

Getting into details:

Brees - Don't really have to go into detail here.

Colston - 81 speed is a joke. Seriously. A joke. Increase his "Beat the press" stat or whatever too. Colston gets no separation in Madden. He was injured most of last year. He's not injured anymore. One of the best young WR in the league.

Henderson - Increase those hands. I'm shocked as well, but the guy is catching everything thrown to him. He can make some dumb decisions after catching the ball, but he is catching the ball.

Meachem - Increase that speed. This guy is a burner, plain and simple. Also the Saints best run-blocking WR.

Bell - Definitely increase this guy across the board. Playing lights out. The only time I haven't seen him fall forward, he went sideways. Showing alot of strength.

Shanle - Increase his TAK, AWR & ZCV. He's always been pretty solid, but the improved defense is helping him show how good he can be.

O-LINE - GOOD GOD! How can one of the best pass-protecting lines in the league be rated so poorly? Goodwin a 67?! The guy hasn't allowed a sack! And this year the line is opening running lanes. EA, give these guys their props!
Old 09-23-2009, 08:40 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 23

This is what I posted yesterday.
Quote:
Brees needs to be a 99, one more week should lock that up.
Mike Bell is the new starting RB for now so he needs a boost.
Devery Henderson needs a little boost.
Darren Sharper should be somewhere in the 90's (+CAT,SPD,ACC) had a nice pick 6. 3 ints in 2 weeks.
Scott Shanle is needs a big boost from 68 (has 16 tcks and 2 ints in 2 games)
Jabari Greer and Tracy Porter need to be at least in the 80's. JG in mid to high 80's and TP low 80's; They've been shuttin down the edges pretty good.
Thomas Morstead is a beast! Nuff said.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:21 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 14

Drew Brees>99 , he is the best QB and best player in the NFL. Up his passing Accuracy on the move.
WR's all need a boost>how in the heck are they ranked just 2dashes out of a possible 3. The most dangerous weapons in the league with the league's best player throwing them the ball.
Mike Bell>needs some much needed love.
Shanle>Ditto on that.
O-LINE>13 sacks allowed last year(alot attributed to Brees's) and have you watched them this year they need some love.
Will Smith>He needs a decrease from 84overall. Has he even made a play in the first 2 games, Bobby McCray is the best DL we have how about some love for him with a little more speed off the edge(alot faster than WILLyoupleaserushtheqbSMITH.
Vilma>He at-least should be in the 90's
Old 09-24-2009, 12:06 AM   #5
Pro

Figment's Arena

OVR: 11

Meachum is extremely inconsistent and hasn't lived up to his potential. He hardly deserves to go up at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 02:30 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPL_6492
Meachum is extremely inconsistent and hasn't lived up to his potential. He hardly deserves to go up at all.
His speed rating does
Old 09-24-2009, 10:10 AM   #7
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17

The thing I hate the most is when guys just throw out some random number to say what a guy should be raised to without looking at the individual ratings.

Case in point Drew Brees. I know he is playing out of this world right now and has been for a while so I have no problem with him being rated with Peyton but when you look at his individual ratings what would you raise?? The reason why he is only a 97 is because of arm strength. His accuracy ratings are the HIGHEST in the game with a 99 is short, 97 in mid, and 90 in deep. So you can't really raise those. You can't raise his arm strength cause he doesn't have a rocket arm. That only leaves you with awareness rating. His is a 94 with only I believe Peyton and Brady being higher. With all the audibles and other things that Peton and Brady change at the line more than Brees I can see why they have them with a couple points higher. So the only rating option you have for a boost is awareness cause he is already the most accurate passer in the game.

That's how I look at any player when thinking about boosting or dropping them. You have to look at the individual ratings and see what needs to be adjusted and not just some blind overall number you are trying to reach.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:03 AM   #8
Rookie

frnkpw13's Arena

OVR: 1
Icon7 Re: Saints need much love...

i agree that bobby mccray is our best lineman second is ellis. mcray is a 79 right? he should be at least an 84 like will smith and drop smith to a 79! who dat!

meachem is awesome, i went to the dome twice last year and watched the few games that came on tv out here. the little time they had him out on he field last year, he was a beast. i still cant figure out why they didnt leave him in more? was i dreaming or did any other saints fan feel that way?

Last edited by frnkpw13; 09-24-2009 at 11:07 AM. Reason: misspell

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »