Home

Thoughts about Josh Johnson

This is a discussion on Thoughts about Josh Johnson within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2009, 11:58 PM   #1
Rookie

dabeavs541's Arena

OVR: 5
Thoughts about Josh Johnson

Leftwich is now downgraded to 3rd string quarterback for Josh Johnson? I know he has had a rough first 3 games but they act like they are about to cut him. I think Josh Johnson is a decent quarterback but I just realized that he has a rating of 57 on madden. I kind of see why (hard to give a quarterback a higher awarness rating when he has 82 speed) but does anybody think that he will be relivent. Wasn't Johnson like 4th or 5th on the depth chart last year for the bucs. What happend to Josh Freeman, still number 2 qb ? I'm just a little confused.
Ohhhhh Sssss Uuuuu Oregon State Fight Fight Fight!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 12:06 AM   #2
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59
Re: Thoughts about Josh Johnson

Freeman doesn't have the "awareness" to start in the NFL. He might be higher rated, more on potential, but Johnson has good upside too and 1 year on an NFL roster.

If you were to re-rate Johnson, I would try to get him close to Freeman's OVR but based totally on some physical attributes like throw power, strength, agility, etc and not the same accuracy and awreness type ratings.

At the same time you don't want to overpower his physical tools and make another Vick 04.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 09-29-2009, 12:33 AM   #3
Rookie

dabeavs541's Arena

thanks JohnDoe8865. when you explain it that way it seems like Johnson should have a slightly higher rating than Freeman... well at least the same.
Ohhhhh Sssss Uuuuu Oregon State Fight Fight Fight!
Old 09-29-2009, 01:01 AM   #4
Just started!

bigtxambition's Arena

OVR: 21

I gave Johnson a 69. I think that's more than more fair for a backup QB that's been given the starting job.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:33 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeavs541
Leftwich is now downgraded to 3rd string quarterback for Josh Johnson? I know he has had a rough first 3 games but they act like they are about to cut him. I think Josh Johnson is a decent quarterback but I just realized that he has a rating of 57 on madden. I kind of see why (hard to give a quarterback a higher awarness rating when he has 82 speed) but does anybody think that he will be relivent. Wasn't Johnson like 4th or 5th on the depth chart last year for the bucs. What happend to Josh Freeman, still number 2 qb ? I'm just a little confused.
Bucs fan here, and I was at the game against the Giants when they sat Leftwich. If I were you Id rate him some where between a 65 and 68. I was very impressed with they way he moved the team down there field, If it hadnt been for Mark "fumble fingers " Clayton dropping a pass wide open in the endzone, he wouldve led them to their only score.
I would bump his awareness to a few ticks below Leftwichs, increase his short pass ability and throwing on the run, that should get you right to about 66-68, which I think is where he should be. FYI.. I think Freeman is Overrated in this game. He looked like a rookie in pre-season, and while he is the future, as another poster said he does not have the awareness that Johnson displayed on Sunday.
Detroit Red Wings

Last edited by ldpart67; 09-29-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 05:32 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtxambition
I gave Johnson a 69. I think that's more than more fair for a backup QB that's been given the starting job.

Bingo. I gave him the same rating. He was a beast in college (something like 40TDs and 1 Int in a single season) so i gave his short and med accuracy a boost and his awareness also.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:37 PM   #7
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8

I've never seen Johnson play. How does he compare to Dennis Dixon?
Old 09-29-2009, 05:56 PM   #8
Rookie

dabeavs541's Arena

I think part of my confusion might have been due to freeman being rated 73. I just started to watch the bucs this year because my boi sammie stroughter plays for them. I thought they drafted freeman to be their qb of the future and I had never really heard of johnson. If freeman was rated like 68 or 69 then I wouldn't have questioned boosting johnson's rating. 69 seems fair for johnson but what do you raise stat wise to him without turning him into vick jr.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »